• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Viz manga licenses

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:43 am Reply with quote
So will Sunadokei be taking the place of Baby and Me? That's probably one of the lesser liked series in SB. I'm still fond of everything else. I'm already buying the GNs for Crimson Hero and Nana, with plans to buy Vampire Night, so I just want Absolute Boyfriend to stay, since it's my guilty pleasure and I could never stand having to buy the GNs in the store (due to the rather...fanservicey covers).
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quote
well... i've never heard of these titles but i'm hoping for the best. lol even though i only like a scarce few of the manga currently running in SB, i still read it from time to time (especially for the Vampire Knight awesomeness). Anime catgrin and i'm looking forward to the new line-up they're working on.
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I believe Sunadokei will be taking the place of the newest manga that took over for Backstage Prince, since the new manga is only a one volume deal. I for the life of me cannot remember its name. The first chapter was really cute though. But I am looking forward to new works in SB. I was sad to see Godchild go, but it opened up room for Vampire Knight which I adore, and Backstage Prince which was cute but that took the place of Kaze Hikaru.
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Where's the announcement of Muhyo and Rouji?
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm supposing that Suna-Dokei will be taking over the Yumekira Dream Shoppe slot.

I'm probably one of the only people who like Baby & Me, which is much better than Absoulute Boyfriend and Vampire Knight, IMO. It's a very heartwarming story. It's probably tied with Crimson Hero and Nana as my favorite SB magazine manga.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Wait, they replaced Backstage Prince?? Surprised When did this happen?

I've heard of Suna-dokei before, but not that other title. Anybody know what that one's about (seeing as there's no ANN entry for it)?
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote
OMG, Fall In Love Like A Comic got licensed! I read scanlations of that a while ago and thought it was damned cute, something I'd love to have a physical copy of!
starlightgenie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:

I've heard of Suna-dokei before, but not that other title. Anybody know what that one's about (seeing as there's no ANN entry for it)?

Emily's Random Shoujo Manga Page has a summary of that.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quote
CloverKuroba wrote:
I'm supposing that Suna-Dokei will be taking over the Yumekira Dream Shoppe slot.

I'm probably one of the only people who like Baby & Me, which is much better than Absoulute Boyfriend and Vampire Knight, IMO. It's a very heartwarming story. It's probably tied with Crimson Hero and Nana as my favorite SB magazine manga.

Baby & Me grew on me after a while. The recent story with the Amnesiac Grandfather was really good. I don't quite place it above VN, CR, and Nana, but it's on par with AB for sure.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
CloverKuroba wrote:

Baby & Me grew on me after a while. The recent story with the Amnesiac Grandfather was really good. I don't quite place it above VN, CR, and Nana, but it's on par with AB for sure.

Baby and Me is the only one I don't read in it...
I just skip right over it, I tried the first several and gave up. The first story of Yumekira Dream Shoppe made me cry, I so liked it...
and I don't normally tear up like that reading manga, especially in a short shot like that.
I will be looking forward to what's next.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Wait, they replaced Backstage Prince?? When did this happen?

Backstage Prince finished. It is only two volumes long. The last chapter was in the march issue.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quote
starlightgenie wrote:

Emily's Random Shoujo Manga Page has a summary of that.

Thanks for the link.

geishageek wrote:

Backstage Prince finished. It is only two volumes long. The last chapter was in the march issue.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the head up.

So I take it that Yumekira Dream Shoppe replaced Backstage Prince in the April issue then?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:

So I take it that Yumekira Dream Shoppe replaced Backstage Prince in the April issue then?

Correct.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:28 am Reply with quote
In the new issue of Shojo Beat, they announced a manga I've never heard of S.A.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1