• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Fall 2013 - The List

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smilewolfy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:33 am Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:

I am curious if Diabolik Lovers will be THE controversial anime of Fall 2013 or if there will be another contender.

Well I definitely think spoiler[Pupa] would be THE controversial anime of Fall 2013, if not all of 2013, but who knows :3

Nyaaa, there's so many anime I'm looking forward to this season Anime cry Pupa, Little Busters: Refrain, Golden Time, Kill La Kill, Kyoukai no Kanata, Kyousogiga, Coppelion, White Album 2.....

and that's only the ones I'm really excited for, still over 15 on my list I'm gonna check out but won't mention here :3[/b]
MKVarana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:49 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for Miss Monochrome! o(^-^)o

The trailers are out here, for those interested:
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/miss_monochrome_anime/special/
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote
MKVarana wrote:
I can't wait for Miss Monochrome! o(^-^)o

The trailers are out here, for those interested:
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/miss_monochrome_anime/special/

Pity it is one of those five minute episode things. Probably watch it just for the animation, and hope it is funny.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I was not aware that Horie Yui had such a deep admiration for Inoue Kikuko. Altho, I'm amused that "KIKUKO" is "forever 17". Laughing
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
...kinda like Maria from Hayate the Combat Butler.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Miss Monochrome: the Japanese rival for the Duracell bunny. she just goes on, and on, and onn aaaaannnnndddddd ooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnn.................................................. Laughing
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Ultimatum wrote:
Is it just because when high school girls star in anime, they have to wear school uniforms?

Well in Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko we had high school girls without uniforms. But that was over ten years ago.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
White Album 2 is something I would likely watch later(at least it's a standalone work so you don't have to watch the first White Album anime to see WA2.)
Levitz9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
White Album 2's Setsuna has Tamaki Kousaka's hair style. Not that that means anything, I just find it funny. Also, kudos to the bland protagonist for actually being good at school, instead of being totally inept.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
White Album 2's Setsuna has Tamaki Kousaka's hair style. Not that that means anything, I just find it funny. Also, kudos to the bland protagonist for actually being good at school, instead of being totally inept.

Heh, I was actually thinking about WA2's Setsuna's hair style as well, but I was more mentally comparing it to that of Asuka Langley Soryu/Shikinami than anyone else's hairstyle. And the protagonist's being smart is not only nice, but also logically consistent with the admittedly depressing set-up of his seemingly having done nothing extra-curricular his first two years of school until participating in a now-ready-to-crumble light music club.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Levitz9 wrote:

Heh, I was actually thinking about WA2's Setsuna's hair style as well, but I was more mentally comparing it to that of Asuka Langley Soryu/Shikinami than anyone else's hairstyle. And the protagonist's being smart is not only nice, but also logically consistent with the admittedly depressing set-up of his seemingly having done nothing extra-curricular his first two years of school until participating in a now-ready-to-crumble light music club.

Yeah, I did the same.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote
Golden Time is definitely on my anticipated list, so I will watch it, and hope that having such a great series composition person will overcome how very uneven the output of director Chiaki Kon has been(like how bad Umineko was or how bad Arcana Famiglia was)

Considering that it is by the same author as Toradora and how good Hocchan can be as a seiyuu, I have hope that this can be a A-grade effort from J.C Staff who can deliver if they really try at it.
Nico87

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quote
Second PV of Coppelion looks really good. English subs are planned for the Blu-rays so it has a slight advantage over other "outsiders" for being imported, though subs or no subs have never been a deal-breaker.

Locked imports:

Little Busters! Refrain
Kyoukai no Kanata

Outsiders for 3rd and 4th imports:

Golden Time
Coppelion
Kill La Kill
DTJB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
So for Golden Time, did NANA get a teaching gig as a music instructor or something?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
Golden Time, based on the Spotlight 'brief', seems like it is going to be some kind of 'Bachelorette' themed show. Hopefully it will have some kind of strong story to it, or just be incredibly funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 14