• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-action Lupin in production...in the Philippines

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quote
What? Whats with all the foreign studios producing Anime Properties into Live-Action? Are Japanese Studios that pressed for talent?
Chikara Guchi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quote
First of all, I question the neutrality of this article and its accuracy. I strongly disagree that GMA is the leading network in the Philippines, as I am an ABS-CBN supporter in the age-old debate about who’s the leading station (I don’t want to start a discussion…)
Second, looking at GMA’s quality of entertainment, I feel bad for Lupin III’s story line. As a theater director once said, “they will bastardize it as they do with everything.”

When you say "Leading station" in the philippines, you ALWAYS see this logo.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:24 am Reply with quote
Good, Bad, there the one with the license.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quote
It couldn't possibly turn out as great as Strange Psychokinetic Strategy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:06 am Reply with quote
Chikara Guchi wrote:

Hear, hear. I can testify to that; ABS-CBN news is the only news programme the International Channel provides my family. ._.;
angelus_0102001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:35 am Reply with quote
relationship of shows between 2 or more countries... closer than they think. my guess.... sometimes we must admit that we can make real those non virtual.
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:24 am Reply with quote
Anybody know when to expect a premier? I'd love to see more live-action Lupin, regardless...
ravager

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote
There was a trailer in YouTube months ago.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:20 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Good, Bad, there the one with the license.

Yep. What are we going to do about it. Whether they make it good or not is up to us to decide as the viewers.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:24 am Reply with quote
Yeah I knew about this too, when I was directed to the add which was also advertising some other shows too including Super Twins which people were saying was a "rip off" of Sailor Moon... I think that's a bit much, as it is not really a rip off plot wise but the costumes did look a little too much like the characters were long lost Sailor Soldiers.
namelissis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:56 am Reply with quote
Chikara Guchi wrote:
First of all, I question the neutrality of this article and its accuracy. I strongly disagree that GMA is the leading network in the Philippines, as I am an ABS-CBN supporter in the age-old debate about who’s the leading station (I don’t want to start a discussion…)
Second, looking at GMA’s quality of entertainment, I feel bad for Lupin III’s story line. As a theater director once said, “they will bastardize it as they do with everything.”

You are right, I'm a certified Kapamilya... GMA will just make a hell crap out with that... My gosh I hate how they do their research on anime's... If i'm not mistaken QTV is under GMA's management and my gosh, they ruin the name of Tsubasa... can you believe they made Syaoran's name Syaoran Kun, as in Kun is his last name... I wish ABS will make a good live anime series, they are much better in that aspect... Since GMA is a rip off, and almost always copy the idea of ABS
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If i'm not mistaken QTV is under GMA's management and my gosh, they ruin the name of Tsubasa... can you believe they made Syaoran's name Syaoran Kun, as in Kun is his last name...

Yup, it sound pretty stupid actually, I mean, we're a country that doesn't really use suffixes in name. I'm just wondering about those who haven't seen it and begins to think Lee Shaolang's (Rii Shaoran) name is Shaolang Kung (Shaoran-kun) :p suffixes should be in sub and not dub Very Happy unless you're speaking Japanese Smile

BTW, like Willie said in Wowowee... Hindi kumpleto ang (Ka)puso, kung wala ang (ka)pamilya Very Happy, ABS-CBN all the way Very Happy, but Anime... I don't care anymore, as long they don't butcher the show Very Happy but that's quite impossible because their only local channels :p
DKL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Wow... I didn't even know that there was some kinda great debate between the two channels back when I was still living out there; and I lived there for like 10 years.

Though, looking back... that's expected, I guess.

(to be honest though... I didn't really watch either channel... would just tune in for the anime, which both channels did have... my neighbors were the same)

Anyway, saw the trailer for this (the one on Youtube)...

I initially thought it was one show, only to later find out that it was actually 3 shows...

What this means is that the visual style (of the trailers) was so radically similar that... I couldn't tell the difference between all 3 productions; assuming that that is how the actual shows will come out... that can't be good.

But who knows?

I'm just assuming things...
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
A live action Lupin The third? Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
As for the cast , Janno Gibbs isn't fit to play as Zenegata . He's just too short, but he‘s a good actor, so I think he can pull it off. Still, you guys are taking this to negatively , just wait and see how it turns out, then you can all complain about it later on , after it's been done. Let them have fun with it.

Most kids in the Philippines would love to see that show come to life. The Tagalog dubbing for anime's isn't that great after all [compared to dubs here in U.S], yet people still watch it. It’s still very amusing to the majority of people.

As for the GMA and ABS debate. In my opinion GMA has always been better than ABS CBN. At least when I lived there that is, It's just ABS CBN copies from GMA network most of the time. [Ex. Sex bomb dancers] Eat bulaga had that first, next thing you know, ABS has that similar gimmick on their midday show.

That name butchering of Tsubasa's Syaoran, it doesn't really matter much if you think about it. As long as you enjoy the show. Just like when they showed Yu Yu hakusho, they basically changed if not most , ALL of the character's names, yet no one cared. It was still a great hit.

ABS CBN is not necessarily the leading station in the Philippines, that's your opinion. Unless you can show me their ratings, only then can this be considered a fact. [It's not "ALWAYS" THAT logo that comes to mind, don't generalize.] We all know that tragedy from the wowowee show. It was an accident of course, but you don't see GMA making that mistake do you.
namelissis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:20 pm Reply with quote
So I guess dgreater1, katchan15 and chikara guchi must be living in the Philippines, right? And I presume we're Filipino since we are aware on this channels!

Since this topic is not about the ABS-CBN vs GMA battle let's try getting back to the topic shall we..

To Katchan15:
Okay, originally the anime Lupin the 3rd was shown by GMA, so GMA obviously has a knowledge on the storyline of Lupin... it's not that I'm putting down GMA but their shows seems extravagant at first but then falls in the middle of the airing... don't worry I've watch some of their shows, cause it's rude if I say all this blah things if I haven't seen their shows... Okay, I watched Encantadia, I really liked it at first but then, okay, WTH is happening... What else, oh Darna too, the same old thing... Speaking of all this fantaserye stuff(short for fantasy series in Tagalog) it all started at ABS-CBN, do you remeber Marina, the first ever fantaserye?! Also, here's another idea that GMA copied, the TFC(the filino channel), since GMA know that TFC was a huge market they made one too, and hell I don't know what it is!!! So to better clear this issue, to all those who has a GMA International Channel, watch Lupin the 3rd and see for yourself, and give the verdict... But what I'm thankful at GMA is they are the first one who itroduced anime here, so don't worry, I'll give credit for that!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5