• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - March 24th - March 30th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Haseo turns into one bad mother

Laughing Now that is a funny way to describe him. Suddenly I'm picturing him with the theme song for Shaft in the background. Weird.

And while LordByronius laments the treatment of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, I find myself missing Zatch Bell (from the Cartoon Network).
Jubet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
-Sat Mar 24 10:30am - Episode 36 "Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the

Little bit missed off there I think.

Amusing read this week.
sokpupet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:25 am Reply with quote
If there's anybody to blame for [as] not pimping their anime, it's all the viewers that DON'T TUNE IN! Bunch of elitist bastards that refuse to watch 'defiled' anime.

"They don't say F--- or S--- and all the gallons of blood are gone! Everything that made this show mature is edited out!" I'm also looking at the lot of you who refuse to be tainted by something as hideous as the English language /end sarcasm. How about you be happy there's anime on TV at all!

I apologize, but it's all true. If however none of the above reasons are yours for not watching Action Saturdays, and you have legitimate excuses including but not limited to: I have a life. I have a wife/husband/family. I have a little thing called WORK in the morning! None of the shows currently airing interest me. You are hereby excused from the juvenile attacks from me as seen above.

Maybe you could at least leave your tv on at night? Y'know keep it on mute so [as] thinks they're getting more viewers? I don't want anime on cable television to go away! Sorry for turning this into an aborted Hey Answerman! rant, but I could not help myself.
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:07 am Reply with quote
I doubt Cartoon Network much cares about Internet fans. Sorry, Zac. I know they don't because I've been saying they should run Record of Lodoss War for years now, and not one peep of Deedlit. Drat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zeeroid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:36 am Reply with quote
heh missed the debut of Trigun on Friday March 30th at 8:30 pm on G4techTV Canada Razz
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Also, the all Afro Samurai episodes are being rerun that night on Spike TV. They said it on a press release a while back.
eviltimes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:01 pm Reply with quote
"None of the shows currently airing interest me." sok

or

I already own them (Samauri Shamploo).

When [as] puts decent anime on Saturday again, I'll be there. If you've seen their commercial, none of those shows are on Sat!!!

Sad
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:52 am Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
I doubt Cartoon Network much cares about Internet fans. Sorry, Zac. I know they don't because I've been saying they should run Record of Lodoss War for years now, and not one peep of Deedlit. Drat.

*laughs*

Ahhh Deedlit, how I miss thee. *wipes nostalgic tear away* Wink

...Actually, wasn't it recently on AZN?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:21 am Reply with quote
Does anyone have any idea when we might be seeing new episodes of Eureka Seven or Bleach on YTV again?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:46 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Does anyone have any idea when we might be seeing new episodes of Eureka Seven or Bleach on YTV again?

That's what a lot of us are trying to find out right now. -_-;;

YTV's decision to go into reruns for both of those series makes absolutely no sense, especially since it leaves GSD as the only show on the entire Bionix block still running with premieres. And while it's not as huge an issue for Bleach, which we know is going to go on forever, it's a bit worrying in the case of Eureka seveN since all indication that the show would continue (ie: next ep preview, the "To Be Continued" banner) was removed from the end of episode 26, which may lead some paranoid individuals (which may or may not include myself) to believe that YTV may not be airing the second half.

People have been trying to e-mail YTV about why reruns are happening and whether or not they've actually licensed the second half of E7, but so far we've gotten no substantial response. Pretty much the only way we'll ever get a non cut-and-paste response out of them is if they get a substantial amount of requests for this information. So I suggest you start e-mailing away at [email protected].
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:54 am Reply with quote
Deleted my rude post.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:09 am Reply with quote
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl wrote:
LordBryionus wrote:
Haseo turns into one bad mother

Laughing Now that is a funny way to describe him. Suddenly I'm picturing him with the theme song for Shaft in the background. Weird.

LMAFO!!!!!!
If u thought that was funny, there is a discussion thread at the [adult swim] boards for .hack//ROOTS, some funny stuff there!

+ still laughs over post +
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
sokpupet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Ask just about any fan of any of the shows and they know it's on adult swim. A lot of those fans are the kind I mentioned above. They think they're too cool to watch dubbed anime on TV because they believe it's edited to crap. Which is mostly fansubbers fault in that they'll toss in swear words anywhere they can.

When a show first starts out they are constantly running commercials for it. They may not follow through which sucks ass, but if after 30 episodes people aren't tuning in well it looks like you've got a dead horse. This happens for just about any tv show on any channel. Except they get cancelled.

Before a show starts they run bumps during the weekdays to let the viewers know that it's coming. Weeks before the show is even supposed to start. I actually got a little sick always seeing the same Bleach ad over and over again.

A majority of the dvd's for their series have a sticker saying 'As seen on [adult swim]' I have seen them on Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Eureka Seven, Paranoia Agent, Wolf's Rain and maybe Witch Hunter Robin. The people interested in these shows would see on the dvd that they (hopefully) buy.

Whenever I see print media for the shows running on adult swim, down in the corner it says that it is currently airing. In NewType, Shonen Jump and Anime Insider.

The other thing to remember is adult swim is a business, and anime is very old<new oriented. Adult swim does advertise their anime. Yes, they don't really do it enough but anime fans are very connected and know where to look for a fix. So please don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I know you weren't attacking me because you're probably just like me in that you watch whatever you can get.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quote
sokpupet wrote:
If there's anybody to blame for [as] not pimping their anime, it's all the viewers that DON'T TUNE IN! Bunch of elitist bastards that refuse to watch 'defiled' anime.

"They don't say F--- or S--- and all the gallons of blood are gone! Everything that made this show mature is edited out!" I'm also looking at the lot of you who refuse to be tainted by something as hideous as the English language /end sarcasm. How about you be happy there's anime on TV at all!

I apologize, but it's all true. If however none of the above reasons are yours for not watching Action Saturdays, and you have legitimate excuses including but not limited to: I have a life. I have a wife/husband/family. I have a little thing called WORK in the morning! None of the shows currently airing interest me. You are hereby excused from the juvenile attacks from me as seen above.

Maybe you could at least leave your tv on at night? Y'know keep it on mute so [as] thinks they're getting more viewers? I don't want anime on cable television to go away! Sorry for turning this into an aborted Hey Answerman! rant, but I could not help myself.

Or what about recording it? Our satalite can record programs to watch later. I don't watch Bleach on AS, but we record it and my brothers watch it the next day. I've been wondering, does anyone know if this contributes to the ratings?

Also, they did advertise Bleach a bit when around when it first started. Not much, but a bit. But they don't seem to advertise any of their Adult Swim shows. People are just supposed to know that something is on. Granted, I've barely watched Cartoon Network at all in the last several years as they've had very little that I was interested in seeing. I was watching Eureka Seven, but I lost interest in that. I've got the last 15 episodes recorded so maybe I'll watch it someday, but I'm really lacking any motivation to do so.

Even though its a different target age bracket, I would think they could at least do some advertising during their Toonami shows. While the shows are targeted at older age groups, I'm sure some people watching Naruto and other shows on Toonami would find something interesting on AS if they only advertised it. Maybe they do, and I just don't know it, but I'm under the impression they don't.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Anime on Adult Swim has very little, if anything, edited out of it. Not sure why people would complain about that stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2