• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Super Plastic - The Melancholy of More New Toys

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfshogun88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Im a huge fan of the Gundam Franchise and i collect the Gundam Action Figure Model kits. I just recently found a new place to buy them besides online and i was really excited.

When i was building my newest Model (the Astray Red Fram btw), i realized that with how much detail it contains for only being a 1/144 scale model of a gundam i was cursious as to what they choose to put into the PG models, which are 1/60 scale. How realistic are they? if anyone knows and can tell me if they are worth the time and money, please let me know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
After seeing the GK version, I no longer want to collect any Haruhi figurine in PVC.

Color me normal, but I prefer Haruhi in her normal clothes. Quality aside, I'm not interested in any of the "bunny suit" versions.

Now if someone made a GK of regular Haruhi, in her signature pose, and sold it, pre-assembled and pre-painted, for something I was willing to pay... that'd be cool.

PS: I almost bought more Haruhi merch today, but I decided to buy something a little more.... brutal.

Last edited by Tempest on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Now if someone made a GK of regular Haruhi, in her signature pose, and sold it, pre-assembled and pre-painted, for something I was willing to pay... that'd be cool.

Haruhi, Mikuru, and Tsuruya-san

Yuki

tempest wrote:
PS: I almost bought more Haruhi merch today, but I decided to buy something a little more.... brutal.

Link broken. Either you deleted it or it's located in a forum that most users do not have access to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Link broken. Either you deleted it or it's located in a forum that most users do not have access to.

Fixed
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
tempest wrote:

Haruhi, Mikuru, and Tsuruya-san

Yuki

Shocked Wow, just wow. Those figures are awesome. Simply marvelous pieces of work, if you ask me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Never thought I'd see Cobra Commander and Haruhi together, in any form. xD
Saiyo_Chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote
As someone who doesn't usually buy anime figures/statues, and whose entire figure collection consists of one Cardcaptor Sakura figure bought seven years ago, an Utena doll, and a few oversized, 15" Sailor Scouts, I have to say, I'd buy this. I'm not in a hurry to preorder, but I'm definitely going to consider buying this in the future. The only complaint I have is the mouth, which looks...I dunno....It's not so much the shape of the mouth, which I like, but the fact that it isn't really concave - her "tongue" looks big. But that's just me being picky, as it seems most anime statues are like that.

Still, I have to admit, that it doesn't measure up to the handmade garage kit of the Bunny Haruhi. Love the guitar! It's almost too detailed...If I could buy one, I'd be afraid of my little bro stealing it, y'know...
NGE1113

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quote
The Haruhi statue... I thought it'd be good, but the close-ups exceeded my expectations. Not bad at all for a PVC model.
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I've already pre-ordered that Revoltech Saber from Fate/Stay Night. She'll have the same articulation as the Revy from Black Lagoon in the Revoltech line, but won't look so weird because Saber doesn't show as much flesh. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

wolfshogun88 wrote:
When i was building my newest Model (the Astray Red Fram btw), i realized that with how much detail it contains for only being a 1/144 scale model of a gundam i was cursious as to what they choose to put into the PG models, which are 1/60 scale. How realistic are they? if anyone knows and can tell me if they are worth the time and money, please let me know.

I have about half dozen Perfect Grade Gundams, and at 1/60 scale, they have a tonne of detail & articulation that can not be done to a 1/144 scale kit. The last one I built was the PG Wing Zero Custom; it has nearly 700 pieces, including metal ball & socket joints for the pelvis, screws, bolts & LED's for the eyes & chest area, & it took me nearly a week to build. Here's a pic of the various scales;
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h211/EVA_fiend/Gundam-scale.gif

The PG kit has articulated fingers, & it's big enough to hold a SD Gundam in one hand. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2