• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unbreakable Machine-Doll (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Treeborn wrote:
Dang. What a twist. I honestly did no expect that. Does this mean we can.count Charlotte as part of Rai's harem??? That would be great

Well he flat out said he doesn't like girls like Charlotte who wear pads, so probably not.

But then it could be a one sided love from Charlotte? I can sense a jealous Yaya from miles away now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Treeborn wrote:
Dang. What a twist. I honestly did no expect that. Does this mean we can.count Charlotte as part of Rai's harem??? That would be great

Well he flat out said he doesn't like girls like Charlotte who wear pads, so probably not.

Just because he doesn't dig her, it doesn't mean she can't like him :p
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
It seems that having a passive "I shall server master" attitude is prevalent in all the marionettes, how they express such servitude differs wildly based on who created the individual doll.
Considering how Shoko acts... Yaya's expression of open affection is of little surprise.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Well I was kind on the right track that the spoiler[supposed cops were bad, but the girl actually was a puppet by the smiling dude]. I guess I was kind of hoping that an anime spoiler[would go against cliché in making Charlotte who looked like an obvious harem member, be a member of the harem].
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
And #4 showcases a surprisingly sad backstory for Charlotte, and we FINALLY see Cannibal Candy (spoiler[a.k.a. Eliza]) get an ass-kicking, and the battle was actually pretty good despite the mediocre CG.

Anyway, so far, the flaws are pretty obvious. First, they seem to really overuse the CG, to the point where several of Yaya's attacks have her completely rendered in CG. And God does it look obvious. And the other big problem, and probably the one that hurts this show the most: the pacing is shit. I mean, Jesus Christ, why do you need almost a third of the show dedicated to the first major battle!? It could've been told in just two episodes, but no, they add in filler and other lame methods to stretch it out. This is Dragon Ball Z levels of pacing, which wouldn't be too bad if there was more episodes, but this is a 12-episode series, so they really have no excuse.

Okay, enough bitching, now let's look at the good. Well, aside from the bad CG, the animation and music are decent, and the characters are likeable, if not entirely original, and I like the story, even if the idiots behind it keep unnecessarily stretching it out. So I guess it's not bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4
Damn, I was almost a bit worried that Yaya wouldn't make it during that spoiler[fight but in the end she pulls through! Nice.]

This arc felt a little rushed but I was satisfied with its conclusion. spoiler[Oh and Charlotte blushing? Ooooh. That Eliza girl or whatever her name is seems to be really aggressive for someone with such a stoic look though. But on a comedy side, that ending was priceless.] Typical Yaya Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Charlotte's backstory is pretty sad. Is it okay if I decide to want her to win now? Although spoiler[losing their entire families] seem to be what they both have in common.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:25 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 4

Charlotte's backstory is pretty sad. Is it okay if I decide to want her to win now? Although spoiler[losing their entire families] seem to be what they both have in common.

Except all of his family members are spoiler[dead.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Ouch so Raishin technically has to spoiler[beat 99 people just to win the tournament. But then again he is probably as strong or stronger than the 13 people in the rounds, so it shouldn't be a problem for him to breeze through the weaker opponents.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
What happened at the end there? I got a spoiler[feeling Raishinand Yaya might not be 100% during the first fight.]

Episode 5 was kinda dull tbh. I can barely stand spoiler[Yaya now for her absurd jealousy. Then, there's also Frey who tries to assassinate Raishin but of course fails miserably.]
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I kind of wish Yaya would stop acting jealous all the time as well......I mean it was cute at first but now.............eh.

It's kind of run it's course for me. And we aren't even halfway through the series yet. It's not even funny anymore it's just annoying
Sad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

I think that we have finally found out exactly the reason Raishin is against doing things with Yaya. And that is because spoiler[Nadeshiko, the person who Yaya has a striking resemblance of and possibly more, may have been Raishin's sister]. Going along a similar topic, we were introduced to Yaya's younger sister this time, lovely voiced by Yui Ogura, who continues to get more roles and that I tend to enjoy.

Also that other new girl earns points for being among the top tier of spoiler[awful assassins].
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I am torn. I really like the setting of this show, and ep. 4 was quite entertaining. But I just cannot stand Yaya, she annoys me at an unexpected level, and the character designs (the eyes especially) don't click with me at all and leave me completely blank, emotionally. Still, I want to continue watching because of the setting. And the dragon. I really hope Yaya becomes more tolerable for me sooner or later, though...
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6
Ouch Yaya...

or perhaps I should say ouch spoiler[Raishin judging by the ending there. Also, a moment of silence for Yomie I think is needed. It doesn't look like she died with any regrets though.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

I feel like they did some big revelation about Yaya, but it was hard to figure out exactly what they were saying. Yaya is indeed spoiler[made up of a lot of body parts, enough that they would not show the injury], and she apparently gets spoiler[life force from Raishin].

Also, what was the spoiler[doctor doing to that student], I see now that I have a low threshold for those sort of things as I feels equally unsettled as I do about the one from Kill la Kill. I am not in the least bit humoured by the spoiler[implication of a sleazy teacher taking advantage of a student].

Raishin seems to be effected quite a bit from loss.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6