• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Black Butler's Story Details Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Booooooooooooooo! *Hiss*

They butchered it so much. All in the name of making it more "mainstream" I assume. And I haven't even seen it yet. And that actor just cannot pull off Sebastian at least based on the screenshots. I don't know, maybe this'll turn into some masterpiece. But right now the complete disregard of the source material makes me want to skip this one. Are they at least going to treat this as a sequel to the TV series and manga? Based on the articles it doesn't sound like it... I think I'll be skipping this one unless I read some rave reviews about it.
neilcfreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote
what?

I got 3 sentences in.

Just. what?
daichi383

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:56 am Reply with quote
Thats the best excuse for not using the characters original races i've ever read. Nice on guys. lol Laughing
senbonzakura

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I am not entirely sure why they need to deviate it so much from the original. If they are trying to attract more audiences then the forced storyline is not going to help.
paperfanofdoom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:30 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Grell will still be Grell, or if he'll be a cyborg ninja named Hiroshi who is sent from the Moon under the guise of both a cat maid and the Kuroko no Basket terrorist (alongside Shiori's aunt Akai-sama) to infiltrate the Phantom estate and fight Sebastian.
jrockfreak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I cant wait to see it! I dont mind that its not exactly like the original. The Death Note movie was different from the manga and it was good. Give this movie a chance lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1