• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Solicits El Hazard, The Hakkenden, Strawberry Eggs and Strawberry Marshmallow Re-releas

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:24 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Geneon Solicits El Hazard, The Hakkenden, Strawberry Eggs and Strawberry Marshmellow Re-releases

Might want to fix that. Wink

Anyway, a Strawberry Marshmallow box set sounds nice. I'll definitely be pre-ordering that one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reikijenosaido

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:03 am Reply with quote
wow.....I still have my old copy of The Hakkenden. I thought geneon had lost the license to that one some time ago. I highly reccomend checking that one out when it releases.
geishageek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:20 am Reply with quote
Yay for a re-release of Strawberry Eggs. That was the first complete set of anime i bought on DVD. Brings back such happy memories. It is also when I found the joys of Crispin Freeman. May have to pick up El Hazard too this time around. Go Geneon for making my crappy day just a little bit brighter. Razz
jgreen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Reikijenosaido wrote:
wow.....I still have my old copy of The Hakkenden. I thought geneon had lost the license to that one some time ago. I highly reccomend checking that one out when it releases.

No, it's still in print. They have a collected edition that I bought at a TRSI sale about a year ago (although it's still sitting in my unwatched pile....*sigh* Sad )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jadelin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I just hope that the rereleased versions don't have unattractive markings like "Konami's Best" or "Greatest Hits". If so, then I make an active effort to hunt down the older versions with more attractive box art.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quote
A clerk from one of the anime stores back home, just last weekend, was lamenting the lack of a re-release for the El Hazard OVA's. Methinks he'll be happy to hear the news.

jadelin wrote:
I just hope that the rereleased versions don't have unattractive markings like "Konami's Best" or "Greatest Hits".

You mean the "Signature Series" label that Pioneer/Geneon added to the cover art? A while back, they were doing this to individual DVD's that they released, but not to collections (the exception being the Bailey box release of Hellsing). I believe that they've stopped doing this entirely, but am not entirely sure. Can anyone confirm this?
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Great news, now the only problem is, how to earn cash to buy these anime. Twisted Evil I'll definitely buy the strawberry marshmallow box set ,at least that's for sure.
LightYagami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quote
My main question is when is Geneon going to release an artbox for Shakugan No Shana? I still don't honestly understand why geneon has yet to do so, even though they have released an art box with Fate/Stay Night vol.1.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quote
LightYagami wrote:
My main question is when is Geneon going to release an artbox for Shakugan No Shana? I still don't honestly understand why geneon has yet to do so, even though they have released an art box with Fate/Stay Night vol.1.

Hate to break it to you, but Geneon won't be releasing an artbox for the series. All the websites that I use to buy DVD's have never listed a volume+box edition, and the last volume's been solicited for a while. You're not the only one here that's irritated by this move (or lack thereof) on Geneon's part.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I'd like them to sell Patlabor WXIII at a non-Bandai Visual price. Plus a box or thin-pack of Lupin's long overdue.
Riza|Hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
On 2007-07-03 and 2007-06-05 Geneon will release Strawberry Marshmallow - Complete Box Set and Strawberry Eggs (I My Me!) Bailey Box for $59.98 and $39.98 respectively

yuck! bailey boxes!?!?! who releases those anymore... they are nasty, cheap and tacky.... anybody have memories of that disgusting box for Adventures Of Mini Goddess..... yuck... just yuck... Geneon fails for that!
silentjay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I'd like them to sell Patlabor WXIII at a non-Bandai Visual price.

You can usually find the single disc for cheap. I paid about 15 bucks for mine.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I sold all of my El Hazard dvds for others when Media Play was still around. Trade in get money off something like that. I'd love to buy it again for much cheaper.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
silentjay: Yeah, but the single disc doesn't have Mini-Pato. Mad
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
silentjay: Yeah, but the single disc doesn't have Mini-Pato. Mad

I shouldn't be pimping out my work place (but then, I don't work there anymore), but, here:

http://www.paradigm-ent.com/dvd.html

Patlabor Movie 3: WXIII Wasted 13 Special Edition
Regular price: $59.95
Sale price: $24.95

Is that a good price?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3