• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monogatari Series Second Season (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15
Ah Nadeko, you never cease to amaze me. The latest episode of Araragi-kun and Nadeko scenes were intense as I had thought. The ED was intense as hell...wow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I was confused by the ending. Was the spoiler[trailer another delusion? Or is she going to be the final boss in the end of season since her arc is over.] Next week is going to be another recap episode.

I bet spoiler[delusion], just like everything else in this arc
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I was confused by the ending. Was the spoiler[trailer another delusion? Or is she going to be the final boss in the end of season since her arc is over.] Next week is going to be another recap episode.

If there is to be a final spoiler["boss" I'm pretty sure it will be the string-puller Ougi Oshino. ]

I did look up something that threatened to be very spoilerish but turned out to just be informative. I'll put it in spoiler tags, but it's not really a spoiler, it's something you'll be confronted with naturally in two weeks but everyone who read the story in the novels came to naturally already. It seems that in the books, Nadeko Medusa ends spoiler[exactly how it does here- There is no direct continuation after this.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eivion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

If there is to be a final spoiler["boss" I'm pretty sure it will be the string-puller Ougi Oshino. ]

I did look up something that threatened to be very spoilerish but turned out to just be informative. I'll put it in spoiler tags, but it's not really a spoiler, it's something you'll be confronted with naturally in two weeks but everyone who read the story in the novels came to naturally already. It seems that in the books, Nadeko Medusa ends spoiler[exactly how it does here- There is no direct continuation after this.]

That is somewhat disappointing. Hopefully spoiler[there will be a resolution eventually as this is the most interesting Nadeko has been to me even though she is kind of insane and evil.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16 was pretty much a spoiler[recap with Karen Bee, Shinobu, etc from Nisemonogatari.] Oh well, I'll look forward to next week aka the...

spoiler[Onimonogatari Arc]. The short preview of Shinobu in it is adorable!
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
So he is fine with groping a 10 year old girl, but he gets creeped out when Ononoki wants to touch his muscles. Anyway that lucky dog got to spoiler[kiss both Ononoki and Shinobu.] He is dead if Senjougahara ever finds out. So this looks like it is going to be a Shinobu arc, so hopefully the last arc will be Senjougahara since they took out the Kanbaru arc.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 17
Epic, absolutely epic, not just in the dialogues department but also because spoiler[Araragi-kun being the cool guy he is showing off his muscles (hell, even Ononoki compliments no him with a kiss as well).]

And Shinobu too although Araragi initiated that one there. VAMPIRE PUNCH!

Great start to this arc so far imo, looking forward to more.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote
I could accept this show joking with idea of main hero being sexually interested in children, but then they went further and confirmed that immature ten year old girls do excite him sexually.

So this whole project turned out to be a story of paedophile (him having affair with his mature angry girlfriend is irrelevant, as the point is hero's sexuality). This type of sexual attraction does exist and it should probably be explored, but not without reflection on how it could damage girls in real life.

And I know this this is fiction and fantasy that does not actually harm any real children, so no, I am not asking to ban it. I even understand that some perverts might get calmed down with their fantasies materializing this virtual way, rather than in reality.

Yet I find this project controversial.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:37 am Reply with quote
You missed the point where all of those children are older than him.
And since they look as attractive as they do, it's only natural for him to be excited.

There's nothing controversional about this, Araragi simply has a good taste and gives no fudge about it. Especially since they're, as I've already stated, older than him.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 am Reply with quote
Ghost girl is 10 y.o. (even though she spent years in the frozen ghost stated), vampire girl is, according to the project itself, is made looking that way by reflection of Araragi's idea of how she has to look -- little girl. However many virtual years those girls had added to the age they look, all of them are sexually immature and he is sexually attracted to them. Alas, it is paedophilia, no other way around.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:15 am Reply with quote
Sexually immature?
You wouldn't know that. spoiler[youngest mother knows has given birth at the age of 5 you know]
Mayoi is 23 by the way and Shinobu is ~500 years old and their minds are surely not that of children.

Which leaves them with superior attractive loli bodies.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
yeah, the two of you are never going to agree on this subject. probably best to just stop now
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Loli age is 12-13, not 10, when there is no even hint on sexual maturity yet.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:55 pm Reply with quote
No I think loli is determined by the body shape not the age. If you are short, flat and have a high pitched voice, then you are considered a loli. Otherwise the teacher from Index wouldn't be considered a loli because of age.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
Loli age is 12-13, not 10, when there is no even hint on sexual maturity yet.

In modern anime you can't take Lolita's definition of loli, frankly because that's not how it's used.
Girls like the 5 year olds in Yozakura Quartet are commonly referred to as loli.
Hell Sakura was one of the most iconic lolis in recent history, and she's 10.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 14