• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A VERY BAD BUG!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hagakure

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:27 pm Reply with quote
HELP ME!!

The site won't load. It gives me mysql errors. I use IE version 5. It started when the encyclopedia came up.

I'm using 66.96.236.94 to post this, but everything here is all screwy with the ANN logo everywhere.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:41 pm Reply with quote
hmm...I'm not having any problems and I use IE 6
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hagakure

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what happened. Now it is working again...

I had expirienced these same problems with the previous crash.

It had me worried. Glad its okay now. Sorry to bother you guys!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Hagakure wrote:

The site won't load. It gives me mysql errors. I use IE version 5. It started when the encyclopedia came up.

I'm using 66.96.236.94 to post this, but everything here is all screwy with the ANN logo everywhere.

A few people seem to be having problems accessing the site, we think they are somehow related to our server move, and they should be cleared up by Monday afternoon.

In this respect we picked a bad time to launch the Encyc, but if we waited we would not have been able to launch it till after AX, and we wanted it online before AX.
Cgoten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Hagakure wrote:

The same thing happened to me too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Cgoten wrote:

Hagakure wrote:

The same thing happened to me too.

This should have been solved yesterday. If you still have this problem, try to clear your browser's cache and try ANN again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hagakure

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Clear the cache. Good point, the browser might use the screwy version it has saved.
ghoti

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, if it goes for IE 6 and later versions, then the problem might be of different nature. From what I know th IE6.xx was rewritten on the occassion of releasing the .NET platform by M$. So the 'bugs' lie in the lack of compatibility with preceding releases. One good example: (a page done by my pals and me) www.ortalion.prv.pl, under IE6 it has bugs, misplaced floating infobar, and sometimes even crashes IE6. Under previous versions of IE everything is OK.
As what my sources informed my the IE6 was developed using the tech-no-logical achievements used in .NET, so I would place the problems on the side of the browser.

I might be wrong, nonethles...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1