• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
born2die

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:42 am Reply with quote
The_Batosai wrote:
Name:
Hobbies: Video games, crafting, collecting, board games, seeking something random

Fun facts about Batosai:
Eyes change color
Going to school to major in japanese language to become a translator.
I feel like the luckiest guy in the world

Favorite Quotes: There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Why do you feel like the luckiest guy in the world?
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote
born2die wrote:
Why do you feel like the luckiest guy in the world?

My guess is because of:

The_Batosai wrote:
Going to school to major in japanese language to become a translator.

Which is pretty cool, especially if it's something they enjoy doing and if they can get a job doing it they are pretty lucky. I would count myself lucky doing a job in a geological field of work but life hasn't panned out that way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GeminiDS85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Studying Japanese is stupid. Who the hell wants to learn the language of a country where you are treated like a celebrity and have beautiful girls throw themselves at you for being a foreigner?
Pacal II

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:21 am Reply with quote
GeminiDS85 wrote:
Studying Japanese is stupid. Who the hell wants to learn the language of a country where you are treated like a celebrity and have beautiful girls throw themselves at you for being a foreigner?
What!? Dammit, after I finish studying I'm moving there!
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:01 am Reply with quote
Pacal II wrote:
GeminiDS85 wrote:
What!? Dammit, after I finish studying I'm moving there!

Not going to get home sick?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pacal II

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote
Not going to get home sick?In all seriousness, the truth is that if I want to have an interesting job connected to what I'm studying right now, I'll probably have to move abroad anyway. So why not Japan Wink ? I'm not really that attached to the place I live in, more so to my friends. But I can always visit.
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Name: Teresa Faintsmile. Honest! Wink

Sex: Female

Blood Type: Red Wink

Marital Status: I have a boyfriend

Ethnicity: Gaelic (Gallowglass and Pavee), Norse through the Gallowglass, some English

Religion: Spiritual, fond of eastern religions, critical of Christian theology

Pets: None right now

Drink/Smoke: Neither

Likes: Wildlife, children, anything Indo-European or from the Caucasus or traditional Asian (Japanese, Thai, Mongol etc), swords, arthouse cinema, dinosaurs, speculative zoology (Dougal Dixon etc)

Dislikes: People who abuse kids or animals, grasses, bullies, hypocrites, self-righteous pricks, irresponsible people, cowards, weakness, irrationality, pretentiousness, sentimentality

Favorite anime: Claymore, Wolfs Rain, Code Geass, Death Note, Durarara, Fate Stay/Night, Elfen Lied, Love Hina, FLCL, more...

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Claymore, Otoyomegatari, Ane Doki, Love Hina, Negima, FLCL etc

Favorite Books: The Draka Trilogy, Blindsight

Favorite game: Ginga Force, Crimzon Clover, Arcana Heart, Muramasa, anything Touhou or CAVE

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Game of Thrones

Favorite Drink: Non-alcoholic only

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Orange juice, chocolate soy milk, lemon grass drink

Favorite Foods: Various Japanese and Italian flavours (no meat, eggs or dairy though)

Favorite Sites: My own forums of course!

Favorite Sport (to watch): None

Favorite Sport (to play): I used to practice Muay Thai

Favorite Music: anime OSTs, martial industrial/dark folk/neofolk (Nietzschean/military/pagan themes)

Job: Carer

Hobbies: Photography, camping, anthropology, personality disorders

Last edited by faintsmile1992 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:37 am; edited 3 times in total
GeminiDS85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
@ Pacal II

There are many universities in Japan that offer graduate programs in English. You would have to dig a little deeper into the specifics of the programs to find out if your concentration is applicable, but this might be one of your best options for entering Japan after you graduate.
Here are two schools that might be worth checking out:
http://www.oia.hokudai.ac.jp/
http://www.sophia.ac.jp/eng
A lot of these programs offer substantial financial aid packages for foreigners.
Pacal II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote
GeminiDS85 wrote:
@ Pacal II

There are many universities in Japan that offer graduate programs in English. You would have to dig a little deeper into the specifics of the programs to find out if your concentration is applicable, but this might be one of your best options for entering Japan after you graduate.
Here are two schools that might be worth checking out:
http://www.oia.hokudai.ac.jp/
http://www.sophia.ac.jp/eng
A lot of these programs offer substantial financial aid packages for foreigners.
Thanks, I'll definitally check those out. Japan is definitally a viable option, since many companies and institutions do research in nanotechnology (my course of studies) there. Of course it all depends how well I'll do in my current studies, but a couple of years down the road. Who knows? Wink
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Ooo more new people. Excellent Smithers. Not sure who my Smithers is here. Work on that later. Anywho, a big ANN wlecome to Akane the Catgirl and faintsmile1992. You have good taste Akane as Jesu is pretty awesome. I knew her here and elsewhere before she became famous. I can finally say I knew someone before they made it and became big. My life has meaning!!!!!! Embarassed Sorry. So +5 points to you. And you my dear faintsmile get +10 points. You get 5 for being gaelic like myself (represent!), and 5 more for practicing Muay Thai which means I won't be crossing you anytime soon lol. And +5 points to Hufflepuff because those poor bastards never get a shout out. As part of your welcome here you both are the proud recipients of your very own mystery bag of goodies. *hands them each an orange/brown paper bag* In your bags you will find such wonderful items as a handful of cobwebs, a hollowed out pomegranate shell, a strip of bark from a birch tree, and an empty game case for the classic Sega Genesis game Streets of Rage 2. Hopefully you'll enjoy your fine gifts and your stay here. And in case you didn't know Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:52 am Reply with quote
Yay! Presents!

...What? No candy? Sadness...
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:49 am Reply with quote
Akane the Catgirl wrote:
Yay! Presents!

...What? No candy? Sadness...

These gifts will last forever, unlike candy which can only be enjoyed for a short time Wink
born2die

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
GeminiDS85 wrote:

My friend said they get you drunk for free to attract woman Very Happy
GeminiDS85

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:46 am Reply with quote
If that’s all the Japanese boys do when they take you out drinking, consider yourself lucky.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:38 am Reply with quote
GeminiDS85 wrote:
If that’s all the Japanese boys do when they take you out drinking, consider yourself lucky.

This sounds exciting, please tell more Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 195 of 233