• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime in Japan [2003-11-13]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, *definitely* can't wait for Konomini; I've heard next to nothing about it, but Gainax has never failed to exceed my expectations, especially with their last couple of titles (Abenobashi and Puchi Puri Yucie). Wonder, too, whether Area 88 will be directly related in any way to the original late-'80's OVA, or just an update of some sort.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rektagunn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Burn-up Scramble is a continuation of the Burn-up W / Excess series....... Confused
sacchan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I just found out (from a bookmark in a shoujo novel that I bought yesterday) that an anime of "Maria-sama ga Miteru (Mary is watching)" will start in January 2004 (TV Tokyo, TV Aichi, TV Osaka).

"Maria-sama ga Miteru" will be based on a shoujo novel series of the same name. It's set in an all-girls catholic school, where the girls are taught to be ladies. There's a system at this school where a girl in the upper grade and a girl in the lower grade vow to be "sisters." The older girl will then become a model for the younger girl to follow.

There's a platonic "girl's love" theme throughout the series (at least in the novel). This series is quite popular among shoujo novel readers.

(I put this in because this series wasn't on the list...)
rage-demon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:43 am Reply with quote
I also didn't see the Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Final OVA listed either. I know that one is supposed to be out sometime late December.

And just incase anyone is starting to think that I am obsessed with this anime, the answer is no. I just really really like this anime (...to a near borderline obsessive point Anime catgrin + sweatdrop )
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! Wow I never thought that Area 88 would ever come back as a TV series. Is there a jp url with more information on when it will be out?

As for Guu, it is coming out in Dec but I thought this article was talking about TV series this winter?
rage-demon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:15 am Reply with quote
lyricaldanichan wrote:
Sweet! Wow I never thought that Area 88 would ever come back as a TV series. Is there a jp url with more information on when it will be out?

As for Guu, it is coming out in Dec but I thought this article was talking about TV series this winter?

The end of December is the beginning of winter. Razz

But actually, the article was just about upcoming anime since Aquarian Age Saga II –Don’t forget me was in there with a release date of November 21
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1