• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Production I.G Hosts Interview with Composer Yoko Kanno

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You know that my first impression of the comic was erotic, (lol) so I was really curious how that would relate to The Catcher in the Rye!

Probably the best quote this year......also there was another thing that shocked me and I had to check the Encyclopedia to confirm this, that GITS:SAC has been ongoing for over 5 years! It really doesn't even feel like it's been that long, since I picked up the first volume of this series at Hollywood video. I can't wait for that movie, it feels like it been out forever and I've been waiting a long time.
tlsmith1963

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quote
I love Kanno's music. It was nice to read another interview with her.
Cloe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
There are definitely not enough English-language interviews of Yoko Kanno, especially considering the size of her fanbase. She seems like such a funny and interesting person--very amiable.

I've heard that in previous interviews Kanno referred to herself using the masculine "ore." Can anyone capable of reading the Japanese interview confirm whether or not she used it this time?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Haha, I always love reading interviews with Yoko Kanno, since she's such an interesting person. I can't wait to see Solid State Society, as I've been absolutely in love with the soundtrack since I got it. Of course, I need to finish up 2nd GIG first...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
It's been a long time since I read it, but I don't remember the original GITS manga as being particularly erotic. Am I missing something? Was the English release censored or anything?
lady_youko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quote
For all her long years of work in this market, this is the first time I've seen a translation of an interview from her. I agree with Cloe, there are not enough translations of interviews with her.
That aside, this woman is my hero. I fell in love with her since the first time I hear Call Me Call Me in episode 24 (I might be wrong) of Cowboy Bebop. Her work is amazing to say that least. Kudos to ANN for securing this interview for us!
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quote
lady_youko wrote:
For all her long years of work in this market, this is the first time I've seen a translation of an interview from her. I agree with Cloe, there are not enough translations of interviews with her.
That aside, this woman is my hero. I fell in love with her since the first time I hear Call Me Call Me in episode 24 (I might be wrong) of Cowboy Bebop. Her work is amazing to say that least. Kudos to ANN for securing this interview for us!

To clarify, the article mentions this is a clappa! website interview translated for Production I.G's website. ANN is just reporting the news. Smile
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:28 am Reply with quote
lady_youko wrote:

English language and even translated interviews are indeed rare. You can find links to others at the Yoko Kanno Database, but not too many. Steve Conte's interview is especially cute. <3 And then there's always the Cowboy Bebop DVDs and Escaflowne movie box set for video interviews, but they are entirely too brief for obsessive fans like us. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
mike_s_6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
It's been a long time since I read it, but I don't remember the original GITS manga as being particularly erotic. Am I missing something? Was the English release censored or anything?

I haven't seen the manga, but I've heard people get shocked reading it. Must be censorship.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1