• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Outbreak Company (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Kanou was pretty LOL, but I get how something like that would anger an otaku.
I was surprised he'd get to go home at all.
His dream was very interesting and very ecchi.
Pop-up Miusel was a nice surprise, but kinda cool too.
It was fun watching her enthusiasm about everything ^^
Since he got back, his mind is totally in the gutter..
I really enjoyed watching this episode.
So far, this episode is my favorite ^^]
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this has been great so far. When the season first started, I thought that Galilei Donna would be the best show of the 1-cour series I'm watching (Kill la Kill is 2-cour, so it doesn't count for now). And yet this one has been consistently awesome, while Galilei Donna, while very good, has made a couple of missteps.

Anyway, today was no exception. Now, I'm opposed to shipping, but I've really enjoyed the relationship between Shinichi and Miusel the most out of all the character pairings, so having the duo be the focus for this episode was a treat. Seeing Miusel be fascinated by the modern Japanese society was adorable, and it was hilarious to see spoiler[sweet sexual temptation hit Shinichi wherever he went]. And it all leads up to spoiler[him coming incredibly close to groping her]. Thankfully, he's not Master Roshi. The whole "evil food" bit with the green onions (at least I think they were) flew past me, though.

On the Eldant side, Petrarca speeding through the stamping (New laws? They don't specify, though honestly, who gives a rat's ass?), and of course, spoiler[a war veteran trying to pass off as a young otaku]. I nearly pissed myself at that. Shinichi realizing Matoba was bullshitting him with the "Earth air kills Eldant residents" thing was also hilarious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
The whole "evil food" bit with the green onions (at least I think they were) flew past me, though.
She ate a whole lump of wasabi.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Someone on staff REALLY pushed for the Milky Holmes analogy, hell with that hat on Miusel looks just a color recordation off from Sheryl.

Enjoyed the episode, found it amusing that all the shoppers and the clerk were woman at the Lawson's parody.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

That spoiler[Minami-ke being mistaken for Minami-ke Okaeri being the biggest mistake] was funny, and if you did not figure it out Kei Oikawa directed that, and is also directing Outbreak Company. Laughing The spoiler[director being terrible] also comes up again in the preview.

I don't really know what I should say, the episode was superb, execution is so well done. So many little gems which are great. Like he knew that he should spoiler[wake up from the dream as the last one was obviously the guy, that a maid called Miusel a pro], etc.

The princess looked spoiler[discouraged that all her hard work to see Shinichi soon was for naught]. A good amount of serious after the funny of spoiler[the failure of a plan of trying to impersonate him].
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or did the maid have a guy's voice when she said "She's a freaking pro!"?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote
no, her voice just dropped really low when she said that
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 7
Great episode, probably my favorite one yet. It felt like a spoiler[date] in a way with Shinichi and Myucel out in the spoiler[real world].

I loved most of the references in this episode like spoiler[Attack on Titan, Milky Holmes, Aku no Hana, Minami-ke, etc. There were also many posters and stuff around Shinichi's room so I lost count of them all.]

The way spoiler[Myucel is fascinated by the real world is funny as she even thinks humans can cast magic. Haha funny episode. I feel sorry for the princess though as she was a slave to work and didn't exactly get her reward @ the end there ;.;]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I really loved the scene where spoiler[Myucel "discovered" one of the features of modern Japanese toilets.] A friend of mine experienced the same exact thing on his first trip there.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
I really loved the scene where spoiler[Myucel "discovered" one of the features of modern Japanese toilets.] A friend of mine experienced the same exact thing on his first trip there.

Yeah, I'd probably react the same way if I got spoiler[cold water spraying at my butthole].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
And yes, you probably figured out that thespoiler[ "but the director sucks!"] line was self-deprecating. spoiler[The director of this show also directed the highly disparaged Minami-ke: Okaeri sequel to Minami-ke (I'd give equal discredit to the writer though[).]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
And yes, you probably figured out that thespoiler[ "but the director sucks!"] line was self-deprecating. spoiler[The director of this show also directed the highly disparaged Minami-ke: Okaeri sequel to Minami-ke (I'd give equal discredit to the writer though[).]

I already mentioned that in the first sentence of my post.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote
ah, I guess I started at Stark's post. It can get a little confusing when more than one person starts off a post with the episode marker. I only do that if I'm the first person commenting on a new episode but I think others do it as a personal note.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
Beltane70 wrote:

Yeah, I'd probably react the same way if I got spoiler[cold water spraying at my butthole].

It's not cold, just a bit of a shock if you've never used it.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:

I know it's silly of me to read too deep into the sociology of this show, but...it leaves me wondering. If you introduce an outside culture into a deeply ingrained class / caste system, especially one as Monarchical as this, would it even be possible, in any amount of time, to put even a little wedge into the system?

Like, there's obviously a racial divide in this kingdom and the Japanese have come in and are the 'wedge'.

I'm rambling, but my overall question is would it be possible to force a change without serious repercussions? Would it just be better to let things lie and let said change come naturally (of course, we wouldn't have a show if Japan decided to do this).

That's an interesting question and the main "serious" theme of this show. I'm trying to think of real world examples of foreign popular culture changing society. The Beatles in Communist Russia comes to mind (not that The Beatles really changed society there, but its interesting how hard the government fought against them holding a concert, and how the people eventually won that fight. "Back in the USSR"!)

Popular culture can certainly influence people's opinions, but real, revolutionary change tends to come about because of economic and political circumstances, sometimes with the help of entertainment as propaganda.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 12