• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ GN 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if the manga is identical to the anime, but I agree the anime worked best with its nice drama and a lot of the comedy was just lackluster, although there were a lot of good chuckles, many of the jokes feel like they are forced into the scene.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I've only read the first volume of the manga and seen the first few episodes of the anime, but I do know that the anime and manga diverge from each other at some point. I believe the manga was still ongoing when the anime ended. How they differ, I have no idea as I don't like spoiling myself unless I have little interest in watching/reading something for myself.
adam_omega

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quote
The manga takes a very different route come Volume 3. So there are sure to be lots of manga/anime comparisons soon enough.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:15 am Reply with quote
I've ultimately decided to just read the manga anyway, so I'm not too concerned with the changes near the end. (Darn Media Blasters and their dubless release strategy. Evil or Very Mad )

adam_omega: I want to thank you and Seven Seas again for this great release! You guys really know what fans want and you don't skimp on the production quality like some do. (Just wish you'd get stuff out faster.)

Anyway, this volume was a bit more serious than the first volume. Especially with how Yasuna and Tomari spoiler[are now openly vying for Hazumu's affections] and spoiler[Ayuki's] position on love (am I the only one who finds spoiler[her] take on things just a little depressing?) Asuta's hilarious, but also emotional, internal monolouge about being attracted to Hazumu is cool too.

Heck, Kashimashi is just plain great manga. Easily one of my favorite titles.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quote
adam_omega wrote:
The manga takes a very different route come Volume 3. So there are sure to be lots of manga/anime comparisons soon enough.

Ah cool, so the manga and the anime do differ. Good. I wouldn't mind them being identical, I but I like it better when there are differences to compare. I look forward to reading volume 3. I just need to read volume 2 first. Anime smile

Richard J. wrote:
(Darn Media Blasters and their dubless release strategy. Evil or Very Mad )

I'm also disappointed that there isn't a dub, but I will still be buying the series. The anime was just so sweet in Japanese, perhaps it's better to be left untouched. Plus, in the first episode there are some unintentionally hilarious English-speaking characters. The humor of that scene would most likely be lost in a dub anyway.

Richard J. wrote:
Heck, Kashimashi is just plain great manga. Easily one of my favorite titles.

Same here. Kashimashi easily makes my top 5.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1