• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - April 14th - April 20th

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canuckian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quote
YTV is having new Pokemon USA episodes airing every Saturday @ 1:00 PM following with a Pokemon Movie.

BTW- I've seen Idaten Jump(Airing every Thursday @ 7:30 AM on YTV IIRC) and it isn't as bad as I've thought it would be. It's much better then the new Battle B Daman: Fire Spirits episodes airing every Tuesday @ 7:30 AM On YTV, which for some odd reason has a completely new voice cast(Not a single VA from Season 1 has returned IIRC). Soon I'd bet the liscened by Nelvana(Owned by the same company that owns YTV, Corus Entertainment), Bakugan Battle Brawlers will join this 7:30 AM-8:30 AM anime strip on YTV.

See, me telling you about YTV airing shows people have never heard about before doesn't have to be bad. Cause I'd bet someone would mention new Pokemon on YTV sooner or later.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Ballet Mechanique didn't make your Click Pick of the week? Brian, you've SEEN the episode right? Come on, you must admit that it's stunning in a "oh, so this is why I like anime so much" kind of way.

I must also emphasize that this Friday's Gundam SEED Destiny episode is not to be missed under any circumstances! Too bad I can't say the same of most of the rest of the series!
haruhifan1200

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Kino's Journey...man, I wish I had that channel.
I know, I have the box set of that series...but if they can get Kino, that just means that there should be even more great series in the future, right?
TheVok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quote
By the by, IFC Canada shows Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis about 12 minutes from now.
varmintx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quote
I really can't believe someone took the chance of putting Kino's Journey on television. Granted, it's at 5:30 in the morning, but at least it's on. You never know, since it's one of the greatest shows ever made, it might actually get an audience...but I highly doubt it.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I third that emotion! Ballet Mechanique was definitely one of the best episodes. I have it saved on my DVR so I can re-watch later this week.

I missed Memories first airing, so I've got the Thurs AM re-run programmed to record. The synopsys sounds very interesting.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:24 am Reply with quote
"Ballet Mechanique" is handsdown my favorite episode of Eureka 7 so far. (Only a few left. Wow, it's been a ride.) Getting to finally know exactly how Anemone thinks was great and wow, what freaking awesome sequence of events. Part of me wants to post all about the great things that happened, but I wouldn't feel right spoiler tagging it. Everyone needs to just go and watch the episode if you didn't already.

Go now. Do not pass GO, do not collection 200 nuyen, just go directly to Eureka 7 episode "Ballet Mechanique" and watch it.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:42 am Reply with quote
So Shin-chan's coming back, eh? I enjoyed the first few episodes when they aired a few months ago on Adult Swim, so maybe I'll try to catch them on Thursday.
roujin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote
So I pop back in to read this column after a while and what the hell do I find but good anime showing on the good old TV. ImaginAsianTV is in my city but I don't have the right cable plan. Perhaps I should upgrade... they have drama too. Sad
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, and another week where the Eureka synopsis is a week behind. At least they are re-running (Encore repeating? really?) Memories, just have to remember to make sure the pod is facing the right way so it can change channels to record this time.

Quote:
I would challenge readers to actually wake up (i.e. NOT TiVo) in order to watch this show - both episodes - for two weeks.

Be awake in the morning, have to sit through commercials, and watch Itaden Jump ... strike three, yer out.

Quote:
Which probably means a cheap boxset of the series exists.

Well, it did until ADV pulled the discs to stick in their not quite as cheap (or pretty) thinpak.

Quote:
Stay tuned after MÄR for The Prïncë of Tënnïs!

Gee, I would love to, but need to rest up for Itaden.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1