• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wanna be the Strongest in the World! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
well, about the only thing that comes close is Sakura spoiler[declaring that after finally beating the girl who made the disparaging remark about idols, she's come to love pro wresting and will continue to do so.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure I saw a figure-four lock in episode 7, a nice tribute to the nature boy Ric Flair. Woooooo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote
ep.8

spoiler[
sakura visit misaki for advice give tell her make it a show & compete to win with something to do so match time with crowd & misaki watch on sakura enter the ring while jackal all cow girl make grand enterance.

match on drop kick trying yet 3rd doing got jackal down but no enough for a count so jackal bring in the show block 4th dropkick slam hold head sakura down cue straight-jacket hold with knee on back to make combine with camal clutch version with straight-jacket, orginal, lied down version, & orignal clutch.

then cue jackal doing indian deathlock move even get do a dancing on it to get crowd go wild of course boston crab with jackal sitting on sakura's head yet all that jackal give loose hold a bit for sakura get rope.

yet sakura back-up go give behind attack on jackal's face then leg crab hold give jackal got rope go for sakura filp kick but not enough got 2.

then sakura go do misaki's finisher on jackal still 2 yet ta-da try version 2 of misaki move still get a 2 for it give all practice that sakura & misaki do for it.

now with jackal got interested more after block sakura flip kick & give jackal behind attack cue holding of the PILEDRIVER move to give for sakura yet manage hang got 2.

rapid cover attack by jackal then back to camal then bow & arrow hold with one whole leg to bend sakura almost cue tap yet jackal let her go then give a flip reverse powerbomb face slam on sakura get 2.

still give more cue reverse face slam drop backward version of outsider's edge yet 2 so jackal saying sakura you're one of us indeed also the chosen one to all of them take sakura to paradise heaven cue like holding her arms-up to a sit-out powerbomb finish for the 3.

match over jackal got mic ask crowd feel on the match cue roar of crowd then give sakura the mic yet also tell her stand on your own she did.

sakura with mic seeing that give happen yet having match with jackal got her more commit to be pro that she like another match with jackal & to Wanna be the Strongest in the World.

jackal impress with sakura would like another match with her afterward had talk with misaki how impress both misaki v.2 move also sakura as well give both see sakura as next era of female wrestling.

& whole match inspire a female school girl (be a focus on the next ep).]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Amazing to me that they will censor a nipple in the bathtub but let all that stuff through.

You can't help but facepalm when Jackal promises to "take her to paradise" when Sakarua's spoiler[labia is that swollen]. Get a room, girls.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I facepalmed many times during this episode as well.

Sakura logic:

DROPKICK!
oh she blocked it....
DROPKICK!
oh she blocked it again now what?...
MOTHER ****ING DROPKICK AGAIN!

I'm guessing Jackel must be American (not sure i haven't been paying attention) since she was given a lot of English lines but the way they were pronounced made this episode actually quite funny (engrish is always hilarious to me Anime smile).

Also the animation makes the transition between moves really awkward. Not sure why expect a show like this to have a decent budget to begin with though.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Throwing the fan service out of the equation, is this a good show worth watching. Comments seem it indicate it is getting better.

So is there a good story in here, with good characters you will actually care about?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
No. No. and No.

The characters are all paper board cut outs. There is barely a story to speak of and it's quite honestly stupid. Though when it comes to sports anime you shouldn't expect much of a story anyway besides the whole underdog vs experienced foes.

All you need to do is watch episode 1 and it'll pretty much sum up how the entire series is going to flow for you.

This anime isn't trying to show you any real in depth of female wrestling it's merely for those who like girls grappling each other making erotic noises. Simple as that.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Notice how the quality went WAAAAY up when they dropped the idol stuff completely, including the idol ending?

Better stay that way.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote
How has she not suffered any broken/dislocated bones, head trauma or any sort of injury? sure, she's flexible from being an idol and all the other training she does for wresting, but she's in severe pain in those moves for a lengthy amount of time and in some really weird angles. can you really just kick someone in the jaw?

the variety of moves was a nice change pace.

MarthKoopa wrote:
Notice how the quality went WAAAAY up when they dropped the idol stuff completely, including the idol ending?

Better stay that way.

no, not really. no idol ending didn't change anything for me. same shit, different week
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Jackal Toto - best pro-wrestling name evar.

The show is picking up a bit for me. Still not to the point that I could actually recommend it to anyone, but at least I'm not overcome with a desire to put my fist through the screen twenty times an episode. Baby steps.

I think I'm gonna like this new gung-ho character we'll be meeting next week.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote
ep.9

spoiler[meet moe she high school girl who wanna be pro wrestler go in berserk gym being amaze at place give rio going what you doing here til WHAT flash dowk kick cause moe happen to be karate fighter & oh her family are good friends with berserk's roster president.

give moe want learn & work-out want sakura give her training so give boston crab yet moe got the rope meanwhile on rival's roster group meet juri who did big slam driver & web-lock hold have meet with jackal.

where jackal ask if she is the blue panther yet juri said yes for reasons doing it she want sakura.

month later moe feeling so ready for it well give her 100 slam test for it yet going 90 here final 10 from sakura yep she pass it now going be pro give moe want a match with sakura but rio said not yet cause she got rubber match due 1-1 meeting they got.

so sakura & rio enter ring for 3rd match yet before bell rang hooded person appear attack sakura with flowers give rio defend sakura she got sleeper hold so strong got misaki saying juri & got rio out cold she got stretcher out of arena.

yet it was blue panther give reason that she want sakura cause she not worthy & not belong in the ring yet challenge sakura to match with if sakura's lost her pro wrestler days are over.

give misaki tell sakura don't take it yet sakura do it if get win blue panther unmask & must give sorry to those she attack yet it's on!!! ]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Moe-chan! Yeah, she's kinda fun. And the Blue Panther is SUCH a bitch! Prepare to be Sakura-ized, wench!
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote
You know i really don't understand this anime's logic sometimes. Getting put in a sleeper hold requires Rio to get pulled out in a stretcher But getting suplexed, body slammed and piledrived 100 times (which would no doubt cause severe head trauma and possible internal bleeding) is something you can easily walk off?
Who the hell even decided that it makes sense for someone to become pro just because you took 100 throws? What happened training, building your endurance, going to wrestling school or a local league first? You could basically be a masochist and become a pro wrestler if that's the case!!!

Also the animation is getting worse for some reason. This is some low budget ecchi fan pandering trash at it's finest!

And that ends my weekly rant for "Wanna be the Strongest in the World!"

Be sure to tune in next week Wink
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Moe-chan! Yeah, she's kinda fun. And the Blue Panther is SUCH a bitch! Prepare to be Sakura-ized, wench!

It is somehow gratifying to see Sakura no longer clinging timorously to the bottom rung. Rio seems to respect her for one thing. Also it is quote a relief seeing her put a Boston Crab on someone else for a change.

"Her mouth keeps writing checks that her ass can't cash," seems to be a saying that applies to Sakura, but it does appear that her ass can cash an awful lot. Still, does she have to accept every unequal challenge thrown her way?

I guess that makes her a natural for pro wrestling. However I guess it is a given that she has to win, or at least not lose, the match. Otherwise the story sort of ends there since she will be forced to quit.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Drat, the idol ED is back even though they aren't relevant anymore.

Spunky Green seems rather pointless. Introduce a character when the show is almost over? Why!? Focus on the ones that are already here!

Hopefully Blue Boobs' fight will have lots of good shots like that last big battle.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9