• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Walkure Romanze (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Celia must be one tough mofo to wear a suit of armor like that with next to NO clothing underneath while riding a horse and not be in extreme pain.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote
My Japanese isn't great, but the spoiler[sketch thing was a premature ejaculation pun], right?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote
That was highly amusing.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I had a chuckle over Takahiro's response of the floating uniform and responded with "well... it's not Mio's uniform", clearly he expected more misfortune for the girl lol.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I now consider those two an official yuri pair, you can't tell me otherwise. I really do wonder about their common sense since as soon as I saw their spoiler[clothes on the wheels] I wondered why they would do something so foolish since spoiler[those things are designed to move].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:52 am Reply with quote
it wasnt windy so it probably seemed like a good idea at the time
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:54 am Reply with quote
Takahiro's deadpan personality really makes this show great. Best of all, he's seldom attacked by the girls he makes direct contact with. Alhough I guess spoiler[Akane's an exception this week after he groped her, but it's not like he gets chased away screaming or something like that. Hell, she calms down once she realizes it's him.].

The best part was his casual run-in with Fiona while holding spoiler[Akane's bra].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote
kinda funny how the most improved character is the comic relief. this show is weird with it's fanservice. spend an entire episode with Celia and Akane spoiler[naked, trapped in a windmill], but doesn't go for the easy, spoiler[get caught by the entire female cast in the bath.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Well we had the topic of the very Japanese things focused on here. The reason for the place in this episode was.... because the very spoiler[rich owner apparently thinks Japan is the bees knees], of course making her a little ignorant of the customs works well with the Japanese audience for feeling superior. The preview was a little brief in saying that apparently the town has a lot of Japanese people (for whatever reason) and that the people show their appreciation by planting those trees that confuse us of the setting. While doing that the characters also told us off for trying to think too hard about it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Just imagine if Takahiro became a spy. the secrets he could learn
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Now imagine the looks on the girls' faces would turn out to be when the day they find out who "Winiford-kun" actually was..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote
They apparently thought it was an empty suit. All he has to do is be a bit vague as to when he dropped it off.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:07 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Even compared to the rest of the series, this was a pretty awful episode. The excuse to get all of the girls into a beauty contest was pretty lame.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
A triple attack? Seriously?

If each horse is travelling at 20KPH then their closing speed is 40KPH, which is 11.11m/s. Lances are only what, 4m long? So the lances take up 8m of the gap between the horses. Which means that the entire contact time between the two knights is less than one second, assuming that knights are able to thrust sideways but not behind themselves. And in that short time spoiler[Akane] managed to thrust a heavy lance three times at a moving target whilst simultaneously dodging? Give me a break, that's ridiculous.

To be fair the entire show is ridiculous. But prochronisms and fanservice aside, this takes the cake in my eyes.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
SAMURAI SPIRIT!!! yeah, that was ridiculous, but I though it was cool. what's killing me is how far they will go to delay whom he's going to choose.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8