• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Lists 'Golden 2 Persona 4,' 'Persona 4, Vol. 2'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:43 am Reply with quote
Arena's plots should be dealt in a Arena sequel, but I don't want to see an rpg sequel about the three or four cast. They had thier main story. It's over. More stories about them are fine in side games.

I'm waiting for P5 and I hope it's an actual new cast and setting. It's been a long time. It would be disapointing to me if the countdown is more 4 related games and not P5.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
yuetheguardian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
WE DO. We do when we don't know who was the real mastermind behind Arena events and his/her/their objective. But as mentioned, its yet to be seen if this leads to a full rpg sequel or to Arena 2. Personally I want to see both teams in a full rpg working together just as it happened in Arena.

Techichly it should be known who it is considering there is only one character in the persona universe who can shapeshift and he was in one of the games no one cares about IE the first 2 games, and if that character truly is back then the fan is truly going to be hit. So what i would like to see persona 4 golden 2 be about is the two crews of persona 3 and 4 VS the returned foe, a villain so epic it will take 2 teams of persona users maybe with some new members to defeat. Also why is everyone complaining and moaning, Persona 2 has 2 games to finish its story.[/quote]
victor viper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:52 am Reply with quote
I would most definitely approve of a PS3 port of Golden (of course with even more extra content).
ssandulak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quote
I'm of like minds with the people who want a brand new Persona 5. I love 3 and 4 (4 is one of my favourite rpgs of all time) but after a bunch of playthroughs on the ps2, then on the vita...I'm ready to move on. We're going to be moving into Square-Enix FF13 territory if they keep this up. Though pretty much any single character in persona 4 is better than the cast of FF13, I can bearly stand another port. Please Atlus, hear the pleas of your fans! Persona 5!!!
Leebo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quote
I'm not going to play Arena, so them making a second P4 RPG in the style of the original P4 that is contingent on playing Arena to follow the plot... is not something I'm interested in.

I'm okay with more P4, but the idea that it would continue from Arena is not appealing.

And yeah, I'm hoping P5 is still in development and isn't related to this.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:
Quote:
Wow.
Please no.
I like Persona 4. Sure I do. But I like Persona 3 a LOT better, and think that it should not be so damn ignored! The characters and story are just better. -_-

Ah, but P3 had Ken in it, and Ken was garbage.

That's a funny way to spell Fuuka.

And Ken can never be garbage as long as you can romance him as Hamuko. Should've been able to do that as Minato for that matter...

Eh, I always thought Ken was worse. Fuuka was fantastically dull, but I never actively hated her. Ken was useless in battle, as anything he could do, other characters, like Akihiko, could do better. After you-know-who's death, his role in the story felt forced, too. He also indirectly caused you-know-who's death, so there's that.

I also never played the PSP version, so I don't know if he's any better in the FeMC path. I doubt it, though.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I would totally dig if they made a P3G for the vita, so I can own both P3 and P4 on it, but persona 3.5 and vol 2 P4 seems very weird to me. I would rather them make P5 with a new setting and story
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm not cool with the ending of P3. So, like Elizabeth, I'd like for Something to be done about it. On more mundane matters: I'd like for P4 to get onto PSN so I can buy it as I did P3 FES.

Oh, and I don't blame Ken for what happened. I blamed a certain gun-wielding punk for that. God, I was hoping that Akihiko would go to town on that guy's face.
Bruce91

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Screw this. What the hell Atlus? Yes, P4 was good, but we don't need more of it. Where's an actual P5 with a new cast, setting, and atmosphere? I liked 4, but Jesus do I not want to visit it anymore.

Maybe they could do both. Like Squeenix milking FF7 while releasing other FFs.

How is releasing the main persona game (p4) + arena milking it? Even if you count the anime and golden for vita, its light years away from milking it.

Also you are talking about Atlus, do you realize you long it takes for main SMT game to be released? 10 years! DO you realized how much it took from P1/P2 to P3/P4 (6 years), just the same as how much its taking Atlus to release P5, they hardly milk their games, again, P3/P4 are UNFINISHED with the story presented to us in Arena, its expected to get more of them in some form.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
Screw this. What the hell Atlus? Yes, P4 was good, but we don't need more of it.

WE DO. We do when we don't know who was the real mastermind behind Arena events and his/her/their objective. But as mentioned, its yet to be seen if this leads to a full rpg sequel or to Arena 2. Personally I want to see both teams in a full rpg working together just as it happened in Arena.

They are milking it.
Anime
Anime film
P4 golden
Persona 4 arena
Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold(sequel to arena)
a novel featuring naoto
naoto novel in manga form
Persona 4 arena manga
a Yosuke prequel manga

all in 2 or so years and still going.
shi666san

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I like Persona 2 the best (IS & EP). Nobody else? Ok Anime cry
Either way, I'm excited for the announcement, no matter what.
Donpablo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 am Reply with quote
I'd take her updated listing with a grain of salt gang. She's got a few things listed incorrectly on her credits page. Plus you got all those Teddy troll trailers. I'm smelling a big red herring here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2