• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GONZO's Romeo × Juliet Streaming Online for Free

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm assuming this is RAW. Also did it not score well it's first week out? Is that why there giving people the chance to see the first and second episode. I hope that it's doing well in Japan I must say that I am throughly enjoying it, I hope Geneon also gets this show, seeing as how they did a good job with Count of Monte Cristo.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I'm assuming this is RAW.

That's right; it's in the original Japanese with no English translations, since it's mainly aimed at Japanese broadband viewers.

Quote:
Also did it not score well it's first week out? Is that why there giving people the chance to see the first and second episode. I hope that it's doing well in Japan I must say that I am throughly enjoying it, I hope Geneon also gets this show, seeing as how they did a good job with Count of Monte Cristo.

GONZO actually planned the free streaming as early as March. The main point of interest in this news piece is the confirmation that overseas viewers are not blocked from watching the stream. Many of Japan's free streaming anime services do block foreign access by IP address or verification of credit card billing addresses.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
GONZO actually planned the free streaming as early as March. The main point of interest in this news piece is the confirmation that overseas viewers are not blocked from watching the stream. Many of Japan's free streaming anime services do block foreign access by IP address or verification of credit card billing addresses.

Yeah that is very cool, I know when Toonami Jetstreamz and [AS] streaming online programs started many people were upset that they couldn't see this or that show because they weren't located in the US.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:52 am Reply with quote
Even if you can't understand Japanese, I reccomend you watch this (if you are opposed to fansubs, otherwise.....).

You can get a summary of events over at http://randomc.animeblogger.net . The blogger there, Omni, does good summary posts that encompass the entire episode.

Plus the episode itself is great.
LoOpiNg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:51 am Reply with quote
wow letting people stream for free?
has this happened before?
and of course it is raw... why would they bother to spend the ressources to sub it?
kokuryu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quote
Yeah I complained to Bandai about them blocking viewing of their episodes to foreign viewers with all of the newer stuff. I used to hang out there alot to see the episde previews and whatnot, but they started blocking the IPs.

So this is nice having Romeo X Juliet for public consumption.

The show is excellent. After seeing several episodes of it, I am hooked now. I think it's a nice take on the fairy tale.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:45 am Reply with quote
Note: If you have problems with WiMP getting the licenses, just close the viewing window and select the stream you want to view again. It will work the second time around.

They seem to be getting a ton of hits on it though - I'm getting some serious lag issues at just 500K.

AND it's in widescreen format! Very nice!
aluria

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Well that's quite cool! I've already seen the first two episodes and I just love it! Really reccomend it to everyone, its a good take on Romeo and Juliet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nerv1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:40 pm Reply with quote
LoOpiNg wrote:
why would they bother to spend the resources to sub it?

That's what fansubs are for.(I watched episode 1 and 2 via fansubs)
LoOpiNg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote
yes exactly i watched both on fansubs as well. I was referring to the stream and GONZO that they wouldn't bother to sub it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1