• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unreleased FUNimation Licenses Update Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Isn't that how Lucky Star was announced as licensed? A trailer on Haruhi Suzumiya? I like that. It's a nifty surprise for those who preorder.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote
I could be wrong (hey, it's been known to happen) but I think Funi's license rescue of Eureka Seven (along with some other Bandai titles) was already announced a few months back.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I could be wrong (hey, it's been known to happen) but I think Funi's license rescue of Eureka Seven (along with some other Bandai titles) was already announced a few months back.
I can't recall anything stating that Funi had gotten the rights to Eureka Seven, and can't find anything going back in ANN's news that states it as well.

But I'm assuming that it may have been picked up around the same time as the other Bandai titles Funi rescued, but couldn't announce it at the time for one reason or another.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/funimation-adds-code-geass-tales-of-the-abyss-witch-hunter-robin-more
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that was probably the announcement I was thinking of, as well. More proof my memory is highly unreliable (as if more proof was needed).
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote
The website in that last picture brings you to the page for Eureka Seven AO. Perhaps that's all that meant, and not the previous Eureka Seven series. But, all things considered, it would make sense for Funimation to get the first series.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote
If they do have the first series, I wish they would give it a nice LE release. It deserves it.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Blood- wrote:
I can't recall anything stating that Funi had gotten the rights to Eureka Seven, and can't find anything going back in ANN's news that states it as well.

But I'm assuming that it may have been picked up around the same time as the other Bandai titles Funi rescued, but couldn't announce it at the time for one reason or another.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/funimation-adds-code-geass-tales-of-the-abyss-witch-hunter-robin-more

Those would be titles from SUNRISE. Eureka Seven is from Bandai Visual.

Eureka Seven info initially came from Previews on October 18th (some of the stuff have been taken down now). The home video releases was likely originally planned for January 2014 but for some reason it didn't happen. The time frame makes sense especially with the trailer popping up with a December 2013 release.

Below is what was found from Previews. Consider everything below as preliminary.
Quote:
EUREKA SEVEN THE MOVIE BD + DVD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $34.98 = $
- http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Eureka+Seven+The+Movie+Go_1306321 | UPC: 704400013959
EUREKA SEVEN THE MOVIE DVD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $29.98 = $
- http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Eureka+Seven+The+Movie+Go_1306322 | UPC: 704400013966
Previews wrote:
Publisher: FUNIMATION PRODUCTIONS INC
From FUNimation! For almost half a century, mankind has been at war with a mysterious entity known as the Eizo. It is the year 2054 and human-kind is on the brink of destruction. A select few are evacuated to colonization spaceships and the government is about to fire their doomsday device, the "Hammer of God". Caught in the middle of this war are two teenagers: Renton and Eureka; two childhood friends who were separated when Eureka was kidnapped by government forces eight years prior. Now a soldier, Renton pilots the Nirvash, aboard the Gekko, led by Holland Novak, but the crew of the Gekko are actually rebels with their own mission. Renton and Eureka are now reunited and fate will test the young lovers as they fight the Eizo, government forces, and even Holland. Their love will be the key to mankind's future and fulfilling their dreams. Combo Pack includes bopth Blu-Ray and DVD formats. Also available in standard DVD format.

EUREKA SEVEN COMP SER BD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $59.98 = $
- http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Eureka+Seven+Complete+Ser_1306320 | UPC: 704400013935
EUREKA SEVEN COMP SER DVD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $49.98 = $
- http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Eureka+Seven+Complete+Ser_1306319 | UPC: 704400013942
Previews wrote:
Publisher: FUNIMATION PRODUCTIONS INC
From FUNimation! For Renton, every day's the same. Nothing happens, nothing changes. He goes to school, he goes home. The only thing that keeps him happy is lifting on his ref board. Then one day, a giant mecha called an "LFO" comes crashing down on him - literally - and inside is the most beautiful girl he's ever seen! Of course, the girl is on the run, and the mecha is stolen, and she's brought the force of the military down on both of them in their pursuit the stolen mecha! Renton will have to summon up all his courage to face his childhood hero; get the girl he's hopelessly smitten with to like him and, ultimately, live up to the legacy of his father... who saved the world. Well, at least things aren't boring anymore! Available in Blu-Ray and DVD formats.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I just watched said trailer (after 17 episodes of One Piece in 5 hours...) and two things:

1st: I didn't know this show was 4:3. Since it came out in 2005 I just assumed it was 16:9. Not a big deal, but I didn't know.

B: That trailer looked awful. I had to double check to make sure my glasses were on because it was blurry as hell. If that trailer is any indicative of the upcoming release, I may hunt down Bandai copies. Seriously, it was terrible.

Cool trailer, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:53 am Reply with quote
^ You think you might be able to upload it somewhere? I'd like to see it for myself.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:26 am Reply with quote
You know, since I don't know how to upload videos, I was gonna take some screenshots to show how bad it looked, and something hit me: I think it's just a badly edited trailer. Because when I rewatched it, I noticed that it's not just the video parts that look fuzzy, even the blurbs edited into jumpcuts look awfully blurry. Look for yourself:

See? Fuzzy.

However, here's the first blurb:

Fuzzy again. So I think it's just a poorly rendered(right word?) trailer, not poor video masters.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quote
http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=3012
Quote:
12 Days of Anime – Day 2 – Home Video Announcements

Posted by Michelle on 12/14/2013 at 9:00am

It’s day 2 of our “12 Days of Anime” countdown. Many of you have seen the simulcasts for The Devil is a Part-Timer, Hetalia: The Beautiful World, and Senran Kagura; but, you’ve been left wondering if/when the home video release will come out. Well, wonder no more! Here’s some news:

The Devil is a Part-Timer

Arguably one of the most popular simulcasts of the spring 2013 season, The Devil is a Part-Timer will release on Blu-ray and DVD in summer 2014!

synopsis:
Foiled by a hero when he’s inches away from conquering the world, the devil finds himself in modern-day Tokyo. With no real-world skills to speak of, the devil is forced to make ends meet flipping burgers at a fast food joint! To stall any further plans of world domination, the hero tracks the devil’s trail and takes on the lowly tasks of a telemarketer.

Click here to watch the subtitled episodes on our site.

Hetalia: The Beautiful World

The boys are back and will be hitting shelves on DVD in summer 2014! If you’re not familiar with the show, here’s a quick synopsis for you.

synopsis:
The Allied guys and Axis boys are back in Hetalia: The Beautiful World! It’s Season 5. As in high-five! And when we high-five, a tiny kitten appears with a wee banjo! And he’s playing a song about a cupcake and it’s freaking adorable! But then Prussia shows up and yells at the kitten. But the kitten doesn’t get sad, because, dude… Claaaassic Prussia.

Looks like it’s gonna be a rainbow-riffic summer! If you want to catch up on the subtitled version, you can click here.

Senran Kagura

These ninja ladies are bouncing onto shelves on Blu-ray and DVD in summer 2014!

synopsis:
Curvy Asuka and her girlfriends are typical high school students – except that they’re secretly learning the ways of the ninja! Get an education in action-packed naughtiness and sexy slapstick fun, as Asuka’s gorgeous gang takes on the hardest-hitting – and hottest – fighters in town!

Click here to watch the subtitled episodes on our site.

So, that’s Day 2 of our countdown. What did you think? Do you want more? Well come back tomorrow to see what we’ve got!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
Hey, WTK, I just looked at your OP for the first time in a while and I notice that C3 (C cubed) is not listed any where in it. Does that mean that for sure Funi is not doing a physical release of it?

It also seems like the non-rescue license part of Funi's cupboard is somewhat bare unless you just aren't listing certain things in the OP.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:27 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Hey, WTK, I just looked at your OP for the first time in a while and I notice that C3 (C cubed) is not listed any where in it. Does that mean that for sure Funi is not doing a physical release of it?

It also seems like the non-rescue license part of Funi's cupboard is somewhat bare unless you just aren't listing certain things in the OP.

It got accidentally left off. The post overal needs to be updated anyways. I will try to do that sometime this weekend.

In regards to C3. I think the ship has sailed on that. I don't expect FUNimation to release it on home video.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that's my fear, too.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
King, I'm not 100% positive but judging from the '05 air date Eureka was probably an SD work. BDs might not look that great for it. There are some out in Japan right? Maybe we can check the screenshots.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 20