• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unbreakable Machine-Doll (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote
so why is he fighting spoiler[Loki and not Frey]?
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quote
^
I was wondering that too. After the show went through the trouble of explaining that the participants enter the battle according to their ranking, the evil dude just jumps right in straight away.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Well I just caught up with this series and thread.

I must say I'm getting a bit tired of seeing Raishin being beat to a pulp, sometimes carried off to the hospital, then immediately coming back to the fight as if he was never injured and in fact fighting with more force than before. That routine never worked for me in other series (Bleach) and I don't much care for it here.

As for the Yaya gets jealous schtick: they could get rid of it but they have carried it so far that if they stopped now it would look like something was wrong. The one thing that could get Raishin to be attentive to Yaya's desires would be for her to stop harassing him and grow distant but of course she wouldn't be able to know that. What they really should do his have Raishin be bright enough (perhaps with Charl's help) to manage and teach Yaya better behavior patterns. Of course that would never happen. Not in any anime.

With regard to the festival I'll be dambed if I could figure it out. I thought it was some sort of single-elimination event and if so Raishin should have been out of it once Loki cut him down. But apparently not since Loki didn't take Raishin's glove. I'm not clear why he did that but apparently it had something to do with protecting his sister.

Overall this series is watchable but not great. I don't place that high a value to battle scenes in general so the quality of animation doesn't bother me as much as it might someone else here.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Loki purposely dropped in rankings so he'd fight Raishin first. I think the way this battle royale works is that you have to definitively put the automaton out of order. Though I guess taking your opponent's glove works too.

I didn't think they'd start into the next arc in this episode but they did. Guess they managed to squeeze in 3 novels.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

I did not hate the part where Freya let some of her thoughts slip and it sent Yaya running after Raishin carrying the other doll like a sword.

Now what is with the spoiler[Charlottes acting weird]?Will Raishin spoiler[pound someone]?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:10 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I did not hate the part where Freya let some of her thoughts slip and it sent Yaya running after Raishin carrying the other doll like a sword.

It does seem to be an established story pattern that many of Raishin's enemies become friends. So that extends to Yaya and Loki's automaton I guess.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I think we all can agree that Raishin and Loki should shut up and just get a room. Frey's confession was funny. Also this show does love cliffhangers. How did Char go from a spoiler[suicidal meek girl to a terrorist in a matter of seconds. Unless that was someone else.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I think we all can agree that Raishin and Loki should shut up and just get a room. Frey's confession was funny.

Sadly Yaya would also be in that room.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I think we all can agree that Raishin and Loki should shut up and just get a room.

yes, that little exchange is currently my favorite part of the show. I hope we get more
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote
I'd really like to see where the droplets of plot they drizzle on us each week is going, but even with only 2 more episodes, I'm not sure I'm going to make it if they don't give Henrietta a tragic, premature death soon. oh please please please

Does anyone know if 12 is right? I don't see how they can wrap this in 2 more episodes, and if it's actually planned for 24, I might as well quit now.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:04 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Does anyone know if 12 is right? I don't see how they can wrap this in 2 more episodes, and if it's actually planned for 24, I might as well quit now.

Yes it should be 12 episodes. Why can't they finish in 2 episodes? Raishin is basically 1 fight away from stopping the new bad guy. Unless you are talking about the older brother and the tournament, which would probably be covered in a season 2 if there ever is one.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:36 am Reply with quote
Well, yeah, the basic mystery of what he's doing there in the first place, plus who those guys in the trees are, who they report to, how the tournament turns out, and all the other plot points they've brought up without yet resolving. I couldn't care less about this particular fight. Or any particular fight, for that matter. I mean, small pieces of those puzzles are within those particular fights, but the fights themselves? meh.

I'll probably stick it out to see where they leave it, but after that I think I'll just go read a synopsis somewhere down the line.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10 was okay I guess, some of the Yaya moments made the mood a bit awkward. As for Henriette, I think she should really appreciate Charlotte for the length that she goes through to save her now.

Looking forward to next episode with that ending as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Is that butler guy an automaton?
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

I'm somewhat indifferent about this episode. On one hand, I liked the set up for the finale but on the other felt a bit rushed. I'm not too big of a fan of either Charlotte or Henriette in this series either.

Frey on the other hand was silly to watch. Shouko needs more screen time also imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6