• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Identity of HappinessCharge Precure!'s 2 Heroines Leaked by Amazon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote
ZodiacBeast wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
ZodiacBeast wrote:

Sorry I had an opinion.

I don't care much for the "Prekatsu" designs, but I'm sure that the rest of the series will be better.

Or maybe we could just wait for more information before leaping to ridiculous conclusions.

What do you mean "ridiculous conclusions"?

That the mere presence of vests indicates that they are idols.
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:24 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
ZodiacBeast wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
ZodiacBeast wrote:

Sorry I had an opinion.

I don't care much for the "Prekatsu" designs, but I'm sure that the rest of the series will be better.

Or maybe we could just wait for more information before leaping to ridiculous conclusions.

That the mere presence of vests indicates that they are idols.

I didn't state that they were idols, I said that they looked like idols. Perhaps that's an indication to how much typical idol costumes try to emulate magical girl outfits?
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
Grown men getting defensive over this lol. "This design is ugly!" ;p sometimes I think you folks on here will just argue about anything just for the sake of arguing.
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:44 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Grown men getting defensive over this lol. "This design is ugly!" ;p sometimes I think you folks on here will just argue about anything just for the sake of arguing.

There's nothing wrong with discussing something that we're interested in. Most people don't argue for the sake of arguing.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Those names are so cliche.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I love these new designs! Cure Princess has now become my 2nd favorite Blue Cure design (Cure Marine of course taking the top spot)

Cure Lovely's nice too. I wish she had maybe a cute little hat to match Princess' crown but that's what fanart is for Anime hyper

I wonder what the overall theme will be~

I didn't like DokiDoki's designs much at all because each cure had a different looking uniform, but these look much more complimentary.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Once again, have you even watched Precure?
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:
I really hope this isn't a rehash of Heartcatch Precure!....

I really hope is IS. Heartcatch was by far the best season. For one... dead people STAYED DEAD.
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Sacto0562 wrote:
I really hope this isn't a rehash of Heartcatch Precure!....

I really hope is IS. Heartcatch was by far the best season. For one... dead people STAYED DEAD.

Rehash means using the exact same ideas over again.

Dead people staying dead can occur independent of that.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
They sure do look like Pretty Cure designs to me. Well, that's another batch of doujins to wait for, Precure's always such a hot topic.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quote
ZodiacBeast wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
ZodiacBeast wrote:

Sorry I had an opinion.

By "ridiculous conclusions" he means "any opinion that doesn't line up 100% with my own".

TsukasaElkKite wrote:

It's a kids' show, what did you expect?

Quote:

This is an anime forum, and less specifically, a nerd forum. Nerds tend to spend pages of virtual ink arguing about EVERYTHING.
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I always doubt Precure designs the first time I see them but then end up loving them.

Can't wait to see their civilian personas.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

There alter ego names are contextually from a foreign language, it would be much more cliché if they were named after colors like Shiro and Kuro. (oh god Cure Kuro)

As for the costumes, they don't bother me as they seem to be annoying some people, though certainly I can see the Idol look that people are pointing out, then again ever closer since Fresh season Precure has had a 3d CG dance and music number, so why not just make the costumes' be made after an Idol when you make them dance like Idol's anyway?

Something that I do notice is that there hair, other than being crazy long, isn't overly stylized as the previous few seasons.

And hell yeah I would buy a 3ds cover of Precure for my XL 3DS (assuming the pricing isn't ridiculous)
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
"They look like idols..."

And what Cure doesn't?
Idols are HUGELY popular with little girls in Japan. When little girls see PreCure, the same fashion sense gathers their interest. This isn't a coincidence or a flaw or unoriginality, people. This is active, intentional marketing. It's basically PreCure tradition. And for those who know the history of Magical Girls, it should come as no surprise. Especially when you consider that part of the evolution of the evil-fighting Magical Girl genre came directly from the Magical Girl genre where little girls used transformation items to turn themselves into whatever they desired, which was frequently an idol. Along the way, they gained their own recognition and following, semi-separating themselves from their previous iterations, but they still kept the popular fashion sense. Albeit somewhat updated to appeal to more modern audiences.

In other words, the whole Magical Girl genre we know best in the West today basically came from the popularity of transforming, crime-fighting idols. Literally. =P
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I think it's because most knowledge of mahou shoujo extends to Meduka or Sailor Moon. Creamy Mami was about transforming into an idol, and Pastel Yumi has Magical Idol right in the show's title.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4