• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN 5.0 Beta

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Beta does have PM notifications. There's a pop-up as well as an info box that displays under the site menu.

We'll make sure that the same space is also used to notify you about your subscription. That might not happen right away though.

Chris
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Man is all that bright white overpowering on the eyes. It might be overlooked, but the presence of the light blue color throughout the original layout really makes it easier to look at.

Also, I'm not sure what ANN is going for with that new homepage? It's like I'm looking at tumblr and not the internet's "most trusted anime news source". The new layout really does a disservice to the quality and professionalism that this site has become known for. First timers who see that new homepage are going to think this is a "fluff" site like kotaku, and that is just an absolute shame. To someone who is familiar with the site, the new homepage is merely an annoyance, but possibly one that would discourage me from coming as often. I really don't want to have to scroll through all of those pictures to determine which stories are of interest to me. A list of concise headlines is much better suited to that task, and is already artfully employed in the existing format.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:03 am Reply with quote
Well, ANN 5.0 is quite good for the appearance, but I still prefer the old ANN than this one because it's much more easier to read news and any others. And, of course, ANN 5.0 page loads slower than the old one because of the good appearance (hahaha). Since I'm not a person that usually check the forum, I prefer the old ANN. The old ANN is the best: much more easier, efficient and faster than the ANN 5.0 BETA. That's all.[/url]
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Hi Niblesse Oblige, Michael;

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you don't like the new site, but did you try the different layouts ? There are 4 different layouts available for the front page (the 4 icons above the sidebar). One of them might be more to your liking (one is very similar to ANN 4).

-t
fuzzytipsy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
The Beta currently doesn't work at all for me. It was working fine until yesterday when it stopped loading. I am getting this instead:
http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/img/52962acc8c8c56-10843571

edit: Working now (5:42 pm EST)
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
So I guess the testing is over and 5.0 is now the alpha? Hey DAN42? Any chance of a Hatsune Miku and the other Crypton vocaloids skin please? I'll love you forever. Laughing
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Not to be pedantic, but technically it goes like this:
alpha -> beta (private -> public) -> production

I won't be making any skins, but since any user can create one, hopefully we'll see a bunch of user skins like the site used to have before 2007.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I mentioned this in the talkback thread, but choosing to minimize the sidebar on the forums doesn't actually minimize it, it just moves it to the bottom of the forums. This does put it out of sight at least, but it seems a somewhat weird solution. Is that intentional?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Beta's over, so I'm locking this thread.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8