• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Non Non Biyori (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

I know I'm probably alone in this, but I don't really like Hotaru's feelings for Komari. It started off Takanashi-like, where Hotaru just found her adorable, but within the same episode it was shown to suddenly be a full blown crush. Where was the escalation and events that cause it? Jumping from "She's adorable" to "I want her babies!" in a few minutes is too drastic.

Nah, I definitely sympathize with where you seem to be coming from; I dislike how easy it is to put on (or how difficult it is to remove) yuri goggles when looking at her feelings, and just how much pandering there seems to be in it. I mean, geeze, Hotaru's only in 5th grade. Though, maybe we're taking the relationship more seriously and giving it more credit than it's worth. As many slight variances and developments there may have been so far-- with the biggest one being prior to this episode, as I recall, her obsessive creation of the Komari dolls-- I don't think there's been much more to Hotaru's feelings other than what a couple others stated on page 2 of this thread just after the 2nd episode.

I actually don't really mind Hotaru's 'crush' on Komari, but I found the doll thing creepy. I realize that the situation is supposed to be for laughs and she's only in the 5th grade, but I still found it creepy.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Aww man, I really wanted to see Renge's first drawing of Komari
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Lol, spoiler[Natsumi in a box made me laugh quite a bit this episode as well as that video] at the end.

Who does she want to spoiler[marry]?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god, Renge was so cute:

Freaking adorable.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Haha, I love that last bit. What's worse, wanting to be a flower or wanting to marry your brother?
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I laughed out loud at least 5 times in this episode.
Not many other recent anime can lay claim to that, if it means anything.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
LMAO! That ending! That was just great! I was leaning towards buying the series when it gets released here, but now I'm DEFNINTELY going to purchase it. Though, I'm sure the dub will probably change "I want to marry you, big brother!" to "I want to be just like you when I grow up!" :p
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:47 am Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
LMAO! That ending! That was just great! I was leaning towards buying the series when it gets released here, but now I'm DEFNINTELY going to purchase it. Though, I'm sure the dub will probably change "I want to marry you, big brother!" to "I want to be just like you when I grow up!" :p

... If this was 1999, maybe.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:07 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

... If this was 1999, maybe.

Just 1999? Is that the one year stuff like that happened?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:10 am Reply with quote
LOL one of the better episodes. In the beginning of the series, I was hoping we would hear the brother talk. But now I am glad he is kept as a mute, it makes his scenes even better.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Would I be the only one that figured out that Renge spoiler[was a giraffe at first glance]. I laughed so much when she revealed the meaning of the black cardboard with a hole in it.

There was a bunch of nostalgia at the end. Those toys are not their generation's. I can recall playing those old cartridge games, and I think my family still uses a DVD player which can play VHS.

Natsume definitely won the spoiler[embarrassing childhood moment], the failure of spoiler[the festival was her fault]. And it looks like Renge's hairstyle was handed down by her sister.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote
that episode went by way too fast
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:21 pm Reply with quote
This show never fails to be adorable. Now we know why Kaede can't seem to say no to Renge. Motherly instincts too strong-
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
^That ending is so adorable this episode.
And I want to declare Renge a holiday where everyone will say "good meowing", taking a break on the farm, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

How can you not love this. Renge and Kaede were just so sweet. I think goes a step in showing why she could not say no to her and maybe look back at that earlier episode a little differently. spoiler[Baby Renge] was a nice watch. "4. For some reason, spoiler[fur seal calls make her stop crying]." That is so Renge.

Nyanpasu!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 15