• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Infinite Stratos 2 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Im not sure that's a good idea considering his massages apparently cause orgasms. she might want to go futher then the girls would kill him and then no more show.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
ASDFEGFAFGAGAG Are you kidding me? Another tournament ruined by bad guys?!!! Why can't we have a legit tournament instead of previous filler episodes? Also the teachers in this school are so #@%#ing useless. Isn't this suppose to be the best IS school in the world? The homeroom assistant was a former representative, so I am sure there are other former representatives in this school. I can understand why Chifuyu and the assistant don't fight because they are giving out orders, but why are the other teachers only good for evacuating other students.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 9

Yeah, you would think they would have a better way to defend themselves than relying on 8 students.

And now Kanzashi is also running in the ED. I don't suppose she won't be reduce to those harem hijinks that just makes all of the girls come across as bland?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
There was also those 2 other girls in the tournament. They must have been pretty strong since only that pair got a bye to the 2nd round. Of course they were not asked to defend despite being close.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Well they certainly finished this arc up sooner than I thought. Guess they're gonna go anime original for the last 3 episodes? Well, from the looks of the preview next ep might be a Cecilia focused episode. I hope that's the case.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:09 am Reply with quote
So Cecilia got her episode, but what about Lin? With 2 episodes left, I doubt she is getting one. Everyone else got at least half an episode devoted to them this season. Lin didn't even get a chance to do her thing for Ichika's birthday. Poor childhood friend #2 got the short end of the stick for this season.

Anyway Ichika is sure wasting the perfect harem situation. I can't think of any other anime off the top of my head, where the main guy is allowed to measure girls by the teachers and the girls themselves. Of course he is a pansy during that scene. Imagine a scene like that with someone like Akatsuki Ousawa from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. But he had no problems showing Charlotte how to make onigiri. Anyone else think of Patrick Swayze from Ghost during that scene lol?

It was nice to see spoiler[Tabane again. She completely wiped the floor with Phantom Task and now she wants to build an IS for Madoka.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:38 am Reply with quote
Worst episode imo so far from the season. I had to skim some parts but spoiler[Tabane was pretty badass the way she dealt with Phantom Task near the end there.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
It is nice Cecilia got an episode, but I'm sure they could have included her backstory in there somewhere! She's the only girl that didn't get one in the anime.

I'm continually baffled by this production. So this episode essentially covered the newest novel, but only the measurement scene and the one at the end are actually in the book. So the episodes to come will be completely anime original, but I suppose at this point they might as well.

I know the first season did this a few times, but was it really necessary to have the camera focus on the background THREE bloody times? The first time is fine as a way of censoring (to be replaced in the Blu Ray version) and the 2nd time was for the misleading innuendo bit (which fell flat regardless because we knew they were going to cook), but the 3rd time at the end had no reason for it. Makes me think perhaps they didn't have the money or time to actually animate it so they did a cop out.

*Sigh* I was quite enthusiastic about this when it was first announced but they really dropped the ball. It's no fault of the source material, it's just a lackluster adaptation. I don't mind loose adaptations so long as the new content is interesting, but here they needlessly take good stuff out of the novels and replace it with meaningless fluff.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Worst episode imo so far from the season.

I almost shut it off during the tape measuring scene. Really am I supposed to be entertained by Ichika acting like a stupid pussy all the time? How many times can he get pranked and react so helplessly?

The cooking sequence was actually not as bad but still mostly a waste of time. The suggestive dialog thing while panning suggestive room furniture is really really old.

Things like what Tabane did should really be what this anime is all about but it looks like we aren't going to get much of that if this season's track record is any indication. So disappointing.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 10

I was actually somewhat entertained by parts of the episode. Being given a spoiler[see-through blindfold seemed like him being told to suck it up and enjoy it]. The first panning of the place during suggestive scene felt a little funny in trying to say maybe it was worse than we thought. But the amount of times it panned just got damn annoying in that it was done during a scene we knew spoiler[was cooking], and during a cool action scene, I think saying that they maybe could not even animate the parts.

The spoiler[terrible cooking] actually was one of the first times I have felt genuinely humoured this season, which is terrible. I had a little laugh that the girls were all spoiler[wearing aprons] in the ED, except for spoiler[Laura who was wearing her pyjamas]. I was just wondering when Houki's sister would make a return, rather than so much spinning of wheels, feeling like time is being wasted.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quote
damn Tabane is so OP.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
damn Tabane is so OP.

She said Chifuyu is actually physically stronger than her. Makes you wonder why Chifuyu didn't just take a random IS and kick Phantom Task ass when they invaded the school twice.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:03 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
damn Tabane is so OP.

She said Chifuyu is actually physically stronger than her. Makes you wonder why Chifuyu didn't just take a random IS and kick Phantom Task ass when they invaded the school twice.

But Chifuyu wants train those students. You don't get the fight the final boss at the beginning.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
damn Tabane is so OP.

Maybe they are worried that if she showed her power all of the students would feel discouraged by the huge difference in strength and will drop out? That or the need of drama.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

But Chifuyu wants train those students. You don't get the fight the final boss at the beginning.

I don't know it seems reckless to put students in dangerous situations. Heck the strongest student almost died in the battle against the unarmed IS.

DuskyPredator wrote:

Maybe they are worried that if she showed her power all of the students would feel discouraged by the huge difference in strength and will drop out? That or the need of drama.

I am pretty sure they know Chifuyu is in her own league. But yeah need for drama seems right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8