• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Infinite Stratos 2 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:28 am Reply with quote
I think Chifuyu is purposely limiting her powers. Sure, she could probably handle most threats herself but maybe she's afraid of going too wild or drawing the wrong sort of attention.

In events that the anime skipped over spoiler[she did hold off an IS by herself with no IS on her own. Though she couldn't actually defeat it, she had to get Maya to finish it off with her IS.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
all those stills, did the budget get eaten up Strike the Blood?

WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Imagine a scene like that with someone like Akatsuki Ousawa from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.

he'd grope every single girl, but at the same time, straighten out their spines and offer advice on underwear selection but also help them fit into their current bra would include more groping, and thus conflict the viewers on how they should view him
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:54 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

Wrong show Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:11 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
getchman wrote:

Wrong show Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

Yeah it appears 8-Bit are doing Walkure Romanze (big surprise) and Tokyo Ravens. Both do have surprisingly high amount of animation, Walkure using quite a bit of cg models, Tokyo Ravens could also be a drain.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:15 am Reply with quote
oh right, Silver Link has StB. my bad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

*sees baggage* (in my head) Can't the spoiler[president let them go anywhere without messing with him in some way]?

And so they were caught in an attack. If only someone in their group was trained as a soldier, and could have been prepared for an attack be aware of the likely target as to not to let them out of sight. But all they have are multiple classes of girls trained to pilot IS, one the world's best IS pilots who is the sister of the guy who has been attacked by the enemy before. Oh, and an overly competent IS pilot who apparently sussed out what was happening, but did not bother to warn anyone.

Laura liking cute things was nice. Can't one of those girls actually let that dunce know how they feel, he really must have some weird opinions of them when they suddenly get angry at him.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, this has been an awful adaptation so far imo. There's only one episode left and the plot moves slow like a turtle with the latest episode's cliched gags filling all over the place again. I'll try to be optimistic about the finale but this season has not been pleasant imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
The season's main issue is that they threw out all the good stuff from the novels and replaced it with sub-par original stuff.

This episode (and I'm assuming the next) is all original. Glad to finally see a scene of Squall encountering the protagonists. She did it a bunch of times in the novels and she is pretty amusing. Madoka's new IS doesn't look much different from her old one.

Well, I'm happy that Cecilia is going to be active in the final battles.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:23 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Can't one of those girls actually let that dunce know how they feel, he really must have some weird opinions of them when they suddenly get angry at him.

Before the halfway mark there were THREE instances of Ichika with some variant of "what is everybody so mad about?" Fortunately there was no squirrel on hand for me to take it out on.

It wouldn't be so bad if the stupidity stopped there. But no -- the girls chase Ichika, find him, then stand still watching as he picks up Kazaka for some reason and starts running, and he is so out of control he can't avoid crashing into a motionless rickshaw. I hate this phrase but give me a break. And of course the stupidity is catching -- he HAS to drop his camera over a cliff there is just no other option.

Big Sister is as awesomely ineffectual as always in a crisis.

On the plus side, this anime has some nice drawings to it and not all of it is in the background.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Well, the finale had some decent action, at least. Everything else was pretty bleh.

You know, I'm the kind of guy that will be lenient on most things, but this season let me down so badly. They had plenty of great novel material to work with, but they cut it out and put in lame original stuff in its place for no real reason. If they wanted more silly antic moments, Ichika being forced to join the student council as he was in the novels provided plenty of opportunities. The girls got hit hard too, because in the books they all join different clubs, showing that their lives aren't all about Ichika. As mentioned previously Cecilia in particular had a good character arc in the books that they tossed out.

At this point I don't really want a season 3 if 8bit puts the same amount of effort they did into season 2. Well, a season 3 would be years off since the novels are slow coming.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

You know, I'm the kind of guy that will be lenient on most things, but this season let me down so badly.

For real, I am very generous when I rate anime but I can't do it for this one. It was terrible compared to the first season. Too many repetitions of random fanservice and of Ichika being a dense wuss. I also really hated how the issue of Madoka as a potential family member was barely tackled by Ichika. All he had was one small confrontation with Chifuyu and that was it. You would expect this to be important and be taken seriously, but it was brushed under the carpet.

This episode was also rushed. The scenes jumped around too much. spoiler[How did Tatenashi know Ichika was back? They didn't even show him recovering from the daydream. Why didn't someone just blow the roof off the train and let everyone escape with the 4 IS they had? Why would Tabane help terrorists? Does she really believe in Ichika and Co would get out alive?] I liked how Yamada sensei said there was no casualties. Yeah lets forget spoiler[ about Madoka killing 12 or so woman in IS suits. Unless they somehow survived those explosions.] I am giving this season a Not really good, which would make it a top 10 worst anime on my list.

Here is a spoiler full link on MAL that explains the difference between the anime and the novels. Didn't the first season sell really well? Did they think the 2nd season would bomb or something because they skipped a lot of the good stuff.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I liked how Yamada sensei said there was no casualties. Yeah lets forget spoiler[ about Madoka killing 12 or so woman in IS suits. Unless they somehow survived those explosions.]

Remember that all IS have the Absolute Defense System that will always protect its pilot.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I liked how Yamada sensei said there was no casualties. Yeah lets forget spoiler[ about Madoka killing 12 or so woman in IS suits. Unless they somehow survived those explosions.]

Remember that all IS have the Absolute Defense System that will always protect its pilot.

Oh right I forgot about that. Then why was Madoka all hellbent on killing if a pilot can't die?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quote
I'm sure even the ADS has its limits. It's directly tied to the IS's energy reserve for one. So she can kill people, she just needs to be a bit more thorough about it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

I don't really even feel like reviewing the episode, in the end it was just filled with so many problems. Like stating that there were no casualties, but that sounds stupid with all those IS that were in the air when Madoka blew them up. But stating that there was some safety thing that protected them sounds cheap.

This season was pointless, it just felt like a continuation of the first season rather than actually having its own worth. I would have practically have preferred another season of Busou Shinki rather than reuse after reuse of ecchi scenes. Just look at how they finished this season, by him spoiler[being stuck in the baths that were swapped], it is not funny, it actually looks like terrible spoiler[practice by the bath staff to actually swap them around without checking].

Overall this season felt pointless, there seemed to be a major plot, but much like the first season it felt like it came out of nowhere as they just did not focus on the things that actually mattered. Overall I rate the series as Decent, although I would say that it was risen up a bit as I enjoy some of the cg mecha in this series, and I kind of enjoyed a couple of the girls; mostly Charlotte and the two new girls.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8