• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kill la Kill (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
But a spoiler[jet rocket thing that looks like a Vespiquen]. Doesn't that leave you wondering where it came from? It is a bit of a leap from what we have seen.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
But a spoiler[jet rocket thing that looks like a Vespiquen]. Doesn't that leave you wondering where it came from? It is a bit of a leap from what we have seen.

I think that might be the point. Matoi's face looked hella messed up when we she first transformed and her body structure looked crazy too. I think that it's safe to say that constantly going into fight after fight is going to have some serious effects on her body and she might possibly get absorbed into the uniform from using up all her energy.

That's just speculation of course but since the teacher called the mohawk guy I'm assuming they might intervene at some point once it gets out of hand.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Gamagoori X Mako would be a good pairing?

Not sure why but i just love their little interactions in this episode

Mako shadow-boxing Gamagoori made my day.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

I think that might be the point. Matoi's face looked hella messed up when we she first transformed and her body structure looked crazy too.

I'm pretty sure that's just Imaishi being Imaishi. That's how characters tend to look when he animates. I can't be 100% certain because I can't read the credits, but I think it's a good guess that he just did some quick key work for that scene (directors tend to do that). You'll notice in the next frames that she looks normal. I was actually really hoping he was going to do the keys for the whole air fight (he still might!), but it was just a transition scene at the end of the episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
One little detail I notcied that I thought was badass was that Sensei had the giant flying text from spoiler[ryuko's flying form], reflected in his sunglasses when he looked up.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
At this moment, I'm still waffling over whether I should start following this series, but there are quite a few things about it that have grabbed my attention, namely all the Western cultural references floating around. Apparently, somebody at Trigger's a fan of Adult Swim's original programming. There's a possible cameo by Charles Foster Ofdensen from Metalocalypse in that same sequence that featured several members of the Pulp Fiction cast, as well as Raoul Duke and even Brian Wilson of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Also, Jack Naito bears a close resemblance to Jacknife from Superjail!. (On that note, apparently Christy Karacas is a Kill la Kill fan.)

This general list of references has probably been shared already, but I'll err on the side of caution and repost it anyway.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Oh my, that new girl sure is something. I hope some background info will be revealed about her soon but her abilities are pretty OP so far. spoiler[It also seems like Satsuki knows her. The fight in the first half of the episode was pretty entertaining. Dat Beethoven OST.]

I'm somewhat disappointed at the fact that the spoiler[final of the Elite 4 was cut short but oh well, there's a new fight next time. I think Ryuko is seriously going to go all out after learning that fact at the end there assuming it is true. I think it might be though with the proof of the other half of the scissors.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Like.... literally everything about this episode.... just so good

-That "my OST is better then your OST" fight.
-That Monkey getting spoiler[Worfed]
-New girl breaking the 4th wall by leaning on the giant red text and playing with Satsuki's hair via the cutaways
-Tsumugu being boss
-Dat big reveal
-Dat rage face
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I already love Nui! Anime smile
Seems like the master of trolls has arrived to spice things up a bit. Beat Sanageyama without getting a scratch on her nicely painted fingernails xD.
She actually seems to resemble Mako a little (at least personality wise). Ryuko x Mako and Nui x Satsuki. Expect their relationship works in the complete opposite way. Mako helps calm down Ryuko with her silly antics and one liners while Nui only stressed out Satsuki by always causing trouble when she's not needed. Speaking of pairs i'm still on the Mako x Gamagoori train if anyone wants to join! Anime smile

Given how trollish she is i find it highly unlikely she actually killed Ryuko's father but seeing Ryuko in full on rage mode will interesting either way =P.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this may well be the best episode yet. The conclusion of last week's fight already kept me on the edge of my seat through sheer over-the-top action, but it just kept going, with new girl Nui Harime.

Now, I wasn't too surprised that spoiler[Sanageyama got screwed over], but hey, spoiler[he'd already had his turn a while back, being the first of the Elite Four to fight Ryuko]. Also, how the hell do you top spoiler[Jakuzure's badass performance]?

Also, Nui being evil didn't surprise me, thanks to last week's preview. But the whole thing with spoiler[Satsuki's mother] did. Also, I wasn't expecting the mystery of spoiler[who killed Mr. Matoi] to be unveiled for at least five more episodes, but yep, spoiler[Nui killed him] (I'll be honest, I didn't see that development coming, either).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't usually pay attention to the OST of anime, but the music during the end was amazing. I really can't wait for the 2nd half. The first half of KLK has been much better than the first half of Gurren Lagann, and the director said KLK would follow Gurren with a better 2nd half.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
Also, I wasn't expecting the mystery of spoiler[who killed Mr. Matoi] to be unveiled for at least five more episodes, but yep, spoiler[Nui killed him]

That could be a lie used to manipulate Ryuko.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
MadMan400096 wrote:
Also, I wasn't expecting the mystery of spoiler[who killed Mr. Matoi] to be unveiled for at least five more episodes, but yep, spoiler[Nui killed him]

That could be a lie used to manipulate Ryuko.

The spoiler[color of the scissors don't match and Nui doesn't have the same body type as the person who ran away in the flashback.]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I agree, I don't think it was her, either. But Ryuko does (at least for now), and I think her reaction will actually degrade her fighting ability. She'll probably step up a lot in raw power, but (hot) rage tends to stop people from thinking and makes them easier to manipulate. Even if the girl is lying, I'd be happy to see her getting served next episode. I wonder if Sensei is gonna use that item he got next episode?

Also, was that a whole wardrobe full of kamui we saw? I think so...

Finally: notice the girl's (presumably) missing eye? And notice which eye Senketsu has and which he is missing. Coincidence? I think not.

A great episode, and it was nice seeing Ryuko think of a way to defeat her opponent. I don't think she's going to be out-thinking anyone next episode, though.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote
JESUS SHIT!!! That was the most epic episode in Kill la Kill history!!! The music was so fantastically timed, and the dialogue and emotions were just incredible! So damn eager for next week!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 26 of 60