• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Valvrave the Liberator (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eivion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
WHG - nope, don't buy it for a nanosecond. The students see some video footage of Saki provided by their bitter enemies the Dorssians along with the contents of a Phantom ship that they've never seen before and they are just going to instantly turn against the very pilots who have saved their bacon time after time? Yeah, bullshit.

It was more about the students being scared shitless and using what they saw as an excuse to to turn on the pilots with that last bit of hope they could escape alive by giving them up. Its perfectly believable. What they saw freaked them out in general, and what they saw was being used as an excuse to by the two strongest powers on earth to annihilate them. It was more than reasonable that some would turn on them. Fear and will to live tend to trump trust, especially in a situation that was moving so fast.

Also the footage was live with parts of it coming from a neutral source.

I do agree about it being a stretch with Shoko. They have shown her to be way too strong a person to make it believable that she turn on Haruto so easily.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I don't really think it's reasonable at all even still. I mean the guy JUST killed pretty much the majority of your friends and classmates. Thinking that he would spare them in exchange for Haruto is beyond stupid. I already knew what was coming the moment the exchange happened.

Fear can lead to rash decisions but whether said decisions are believable or not is what can make a situation more understandable. I don't see that at work here. I can understand a couple students not trusting the pilots but the fact that basically the entire school turned on them is just complete BS. It's not like they've been saved multiple times by these guys or anything. Considering the amount of times they've been saved already by them even a revelation this big shouldn't cause you to jump ship so suddenly. But it would help if the Haruto wasn't a blubbering moron and would just properly explain situations better......

Either way this was probably one of the worst episodes yet for me. I normally watch Valvrave for entertainment since i can't say i've ever been bored with it but i'm starting to get fed up with all these silly situations that shouldn't have even happened in the first place.
Eivion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quote
The entire school didn't turn on them. It was a select group who gave them up in the heat of the moment while whatever other survivors were left had already escaped.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:24 am Reply with quote
Correction:

Everyone who wasn't killed or part of the main group turned on them. But it was obviously apparent before they were all getting shot that they no longer trusted them and would have just as easily given them up like the small group did if they had the chance..........

I mean they were so willing to accept this stuff shown to them by their enemies as if there is NO WAY IT COULD POSSIBLY be fabricated or a misunderstanding...........nope let's just believe every single word the bad guys say and not question any of it. But whatever we don't need no logic around here for drama! Rolling Eyes
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:32 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Now, if they wanted to make it more credible, if one of the well known students had witnessed Haruto in evil space vampire mode suck somebody's blood a while back and had just never said anything, but in the context of the new information brings it forward - okay, that's a bit better.

That would absolutely have helped in order to create some more credibility and make the drama feel more real. And could have been done rather easily as well.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:04 am Reply with quote
Season 2 Episode 10

And so Shoko learned the truth that the spoiler[only reason Haruto became in-human, was because of her], and in figuring out why spoiler[Haruto was so against others using Valvraves, she realized how terrible they were for treating him like garbage]. I bet she feels just terrible right now. I am not exactly sympathising.

On other news, spoiler[Saki is the one who is saving L-Elf and Haruto now], looks like she is the more popular character now. And we finally have have the set up the motivation of the future empire, looks like things are just about to start, and this season probably ending.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:27 am Reply with quote
So, it was time for the conversation with spoiler[the dead and yourself in your own mind] to get back on track. We already know they will spoiler[succeed] in the end, and that spoiler[Haruto] is unlikely to make it since he started spoiler[loosing runes] so visibly in the past episode. The only question remaining is how and at what price they are going to spoiler[build their own country] now. I wonder if spoiler[X-eins] will side with the revolution or with Cain. I don't see spoiler[Q-vier] remaining with Dorssia all alone, so there might be a possibility of spoiler[all of the numbers to join with L-elf]?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote
I can feel both of L-Elf and Haruto's pain in the latest episode for what they've lost ;.;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Let's also not lose sight of what the most important scene in the episode was: spoiler[that the promise between L-elf and Haruto is the impetus for the future empire.] Given what we know is coming eventually, getting to see that was neat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:30 am Reply with quote
Holy hell those CG spacesuits looked terrible!

That aside, spoiler[Interesting episode. Everyone seemed to learn things that they didn't know about. I think that it is to a large extent Haruto and the others who knew about the kamistuki's fault that things turned out the way they did. If only they didn't keep dumb secrets. Shouko learned why Haruto used the Valvrave. A-drei learned that L-elf didn't betray him, Haruto learned he killed Shouko's dad (which she knows about and reasonably isn't mad at Haruto about), and L-elf learned that Liselotte was a magius.]

My thoughts on the source of much of the problems and strife in this show:

"To quote Oedipus, Lear, and the others: 'If only I'd have known about that sooner.'"
-Corwin of Amber
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
It's a very Gundam point of view, and a bit eyeroll-inducing the way it dismisses the idea that there could be real conflict between people. It doesn't bug me as much in Valvrave, though, because there's no thematic seriousness in Valvrave.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:44 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Season 2 Episode 10

And so Shoko learned the truth that the spoiler[only reason Haruto became in-human, was because of her], and in figuring out why spoiler[Haruto was so against others using Valvraves, she realized how terrible they were for treating him like garbage]. I bet she feels just terrible right now. I am not exactly sympathising.

On other news, spoiler[Saki is the one who is saving L-Elf and Haruto now], looks like she is the more popular character now. And we finally have have the set up the motivation of the future empire, looks like things are just about to start, and this season probably ending.

saki is popular the most popular character. She is getting her own manga.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote
Valvrave is a series that is best in rapid viewing, this weekly stuff is killing me! I don't think there's any way at all that this can be wrapped up in two episodes. I imagine a third season is in the works!
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:25 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 11:

Oh snap, spoiler[ now the world also knows the truth, the real truth. On another note, RIP Yamada.] I guess no one is safe in this show huh? I lost the body count in this episode since L Elf was doing what he does best at.

Akira was pretty awesome too with her hacking skills.

Last edited by Stark700 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:31 am Reply with quote
Actually it's season 2, episode 11.

And man, was the end of that episode exciting, even despite spoiler[Yamada kicking the bucket - but really, who honestly thought that he would survive all of this.]

Looking forward to a great final episode next week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 32