• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Coppelion (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

I will leave some of those negative thoughts behind, as I thought Aoi was pretty cool. It really looks like she has some sort of spoiler[Esper like abilities, probably so powerful that if fully unleashed without restraint could possibly go the way From The New World]. If they were aware of what they were making Aoi able to have, then I can fully see why she spoiler[would be made totally non aggressive to the point she has come across as useless]. I wonder if the scientists could not manage to activate her abilities very easily.

And I found it hilarious that the white coat guy ended up in the driver's seat, it was like some terrible video game. The button was not a self-distruct button perse, I can see that a button on the top to open the hatch for maintenance is a possibility. I do wonder if the group made the spider.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Gotta hand it to the wacky trio... they are very persistent.
spoiler[Wtf?! Aoi is actually being useful?!]
I am beyond shocked!
Guess all spoiler[she needed was a power charge.
Shame it didn't last longer though..
Judging what I just saw, Aoi could possibly be the most powerful of those three.]

Finally, some truth behind the scenes is revealed.
Not much fighting in this episode, but it was still brutal.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 11
The button was not a self-distruct button perse, I can see that a button on the top to open the hatch for maintenance is a possibility.

Hmm, we'll need a way to open the hatch from the outside for maintenance. Wherever shall we put it? I know, let's stick it waaaaaaay up here so our mechanics have to risk their lives to access it. Plus, we can have fun betting on whether they'll survive or not! Very Happy

Yes, Aoi was useful for once, after pausing during their life and death battle to first explain in detail her feelings about life, the universe, and everything.

And I'll need to see a body before I go laying any flowers.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Just noticed that the OP shows where spoiler[Haruto falls, presumably dead]. Ibara did not take spoiler[Haruto's demise] well, it took Aoi to get her back on her feet and ready to save everyone. She even managed to save the bad guys, and was called an angel.

The thing with the Ozu sisters is harsh, Ibara had no choice but to put spoiler[one under crushing boulders, pushed her into feeling huge amount of pain but not quite dead yet]. The other's use of spoiler[powers have apparently numbed her entire ability to feel pain, making her feel more like an artificial doll] than you would think. I am kind of hoping that Aoi will be the one to spoiler[finish of the giant spider somehow, give her something else to do].

Next episode is the finale.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Misaka Mikoto Kanon is about to let the electricity run loose! On another note, poor Shion...

Last edited by Stark700 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

spoiler[Crying on both sides.
Ibara griefs over Haruto's death.
Shion hates that they were born with powers.
And an angry Kanon chases after the survivors.]

Next week is the finale.
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm starting to wonder if this show is an experiment to find out how much cheesy drama you can fit in one single episode. Will they be able to top it in the final ep.? That's probably a rethorical question...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure I've ever seen a spoiler[mass heel-face turn] before. And is pregnant lady carrying a Tub-o-Babies™ in there, or what?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
So crybaby Aoi could be useful after all.
The all mighty Ozu sister never seem to give up.
It's a shame they don't play well with other.
I guess every anime has to have villains..
Seems like this time all hell broke loose.
Things got pretty complicated and intense too.
J-Dark Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Really enjoying this series. I like how it was built up why the solders would so easily turn towards the option of living, and I'm excited to see that big political mess that's going to come from nearly all of them being alive.

The Ozu sisters might be the most pitiable characters I've seen in the last few years, especially with how their philosophy doesn't match up with how they treat each other. They make great villains for this series, since they're the ones that gave up on having any future, while the good guys are fighting impossible odds just to have a chance at a future. I loved how Ibara just completely shredded through their entire point of view back in their first full episode as well.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
J-Dark Side wrote:
I like how it was built up why the solders would so easily turn towards the option of living

When did that happen? The build-up, I mean. They were faceless (almost literally behind their masks) mooks who got little screen time, and were shooting at the girls just seconds before doing an about face. If there was build up, I guess I missed it.

Btw, what happened to the wolfdog? I have a vague sense they might have told us (was he killed protecting them?), but it feels like he just disappeared like Hozuki's goldfish.
J-Dark Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
J-Dark Side wrote:
I like how it was built up why the solders would so easily turn towards the option of living

When did that happen? The build-up, I mean.

Their leader explaining their motivation, which comes down to destroying the world due to them being betrayed so badly that it destroyed their sense of sanity, and you can pretty much gather from there that mob mentality set in.

Also, there's been moments where its shown that while they say they're ghosts and will kill their own if necessary, they also don't want to die, like running from the clouds of radioactivity and the leader giving up during Haruto's torture when he finds out Haruto was about to kill him.

Basically, they were physically and mentally destroyed by the radioactive waste disaster and barely survived with the knowledge that they were betrayed. However, a part of them was still human, with the will to survive. They just never accepted that because they were so horrifically mutated, so they fought against their instincts and decided to go for complete destruction out of madness. It's possible a few thought they could possibly mutate some of the world like them, but it's never directly stated, so that's more interpretation on my end.

They're a bunch of tragic people who became walking contradictions because they were no longer thinking logically. The coppelion were probably the first friendly contact they had in a long time, as all other survivors were too terrified to trust them. When Ibara offered them safety, they took it because the hope that was completely crushed was rekindled by her constant attempts to help others and even themselves.

They aren't logically thinking villains, is what I'm getting at. The Ozu sisters fit more into logical reasoning mixed with emotion. They're arguably the more sane, despite the crazy faces they wear.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote
J-Dark Side wrote:
When Ibara offered them safety, they took it because the hope that was completely crushed was rekindled by her constant attempts to help others and even themselves.

Hmmm, I'm hearing a lot of "this is why they were bad," but not so much "this is why they turned on a dime and became good." If they had been moved at all by her constant attempts (or even those they were witness to) to help others, they would have stopped shooting at her long before their last encounter with her.

To be honest, I don't even get baby-daddy's heel-face turn so late in the game. Why didn't he join her group in the shelter when they first fell in love and were making babies? "I'm not wooorthy!" doesn't seem like much of an excuse.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:29 am Reply with quote
J-Dark Side wrote:
Really enjoying this series. I like how it was built up why the solders would so easily turn towards the option of living, and I'm excited to see that big political mess that's going to come from nearly all of them being alive.

The Ozu sisters might be the most pitiable characters I've seen in the last few years, especially with how their philosophy doesn't match up with how they treat each other. They make great villains for this series, since they're the ones that gave up on having any future, while the good guys are fighting impossible odds just to have a chance at a future. I loved how Ibara just completely shredded through their entire point of view back in their first full episode as well.

To bad the reason they even exist doesn't make any sense. If the Ozu Sisters were acting like this before they even left the school they should have never been deployed (the fact that they bullied Aoi most of their time together in school proves this). Whoever created them pretty much must have been "Nah it's fine" which makes these quote "scientist" loose even more credibility.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
That was a nice finale.
spoiler[Ibara manages to convince Kanon to stop her suicidal attack and live on.
Gennai passes away but not before seeing the city's sunset.
Taeko delivers Ibuki's twin babies which are named Riku and Sora by Ibara.
The survivors are rescued and the Colonel/Vice principal reveals to them something about the Coppelions which makes the survivors sad.
And the Coppelions continue their mission to rescue more survivors.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12