• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madhouse Studio Makes Hanayamata Schoolgirl Dancing TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:29 pm Reply with quote
FlamingLight wrote:
Speaking of series next year with Yuri elements, let's not forget Sailor Moon.

What Sailor Moon anime? Surely there's nothing airing in January, or anytime soon.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
FlamingLight wrote:
Speaking of series next year with Yuri elements, let's not forget Sailor Moon.

Notwithstanding whether the series has any yuri elements, let's just hope the whole thing isn't just a mirage. I'm getting worried here. Confused ...

@FlamingLight(below)

...There hasn't been promos, previews, character designs, air dates, or what-have-you of the whole damn thing, not as much as a single piece of concept art for the new version.
And January's a few days away...

Last edited by Blanchimont on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
FlamingLight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
It was already confirmed for next January though, Anime hyper
I really doubt lack of recent info means it's going on hiatus, they probably just want it to feel as fresh as possible.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
FlamingLight wrote:
I really doubt lack of recent info means it's going on hiatus, they probably just want it to feel as fresh as possible.

Literally no chance its airing in January.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote
FlamingLight wrote:

So it's supposed to air in two weeks and we haven't seen a single photo, or even know any of the production staff?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Moon was killed by Happiness Charge Precure
FlamingLight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I don't recall all series in a season having that sort of stuff reported on, unless there was something I missed somewhere. I might just be ignorant, so forgive me.
grooven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I might check it out because my friend in japan had daughter's who did Yosakoi dancing. I even asked for a CD of the music from their routine. I think it is a very overlooked area of dance that is really beautiful. I just hope the yuri elements don't overshadow a good story.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
I might check it out because my friend in japan had daughter's who did Yosakoi dancing. I even asked for a CD of the music from their routine. I think it is a very overlooked area of dance that is really beautiful. I just hope the yuri elements don't overshadow a good story.

"I sure hope the heterosexual romance doesn't overshadow a good story"

>things no one ever says

I mean christ, do you guys not get now homophobic that kind of thing sounds?

"Well, this show looks good, but I'm a little worried the fact that they are lesbians will get in the way"

Thats basically what you are saying.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:38 pm Reply with quote
FlamingLight wrote:
I don't recall all series in a season having that sort of stuff reported on, unless there was something I missed somewhere. I might just be ignorant, so forgive me.

At this point in time, most series have had their full staff and airing dates announced (ANN doesn't post the news for every single one, just the series they think are more popular). Yet for Sailor Moon, we know nothing... not even what type of format it'll be (Remake, Sailor Moon Kai, side story, etc). Theres really no way at this point it'll air in Winter due to lack of info.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

"I sure hope the heterosexual romance doesn't overshadow a good story"

>things no one ever says

I mean christ, do you guys not get now homophobic that kind of thing sounds?

"Well, this show looks good, but I'm a little worried the fact that they are lesbians will get in the way"

Thats basically what you are saying.

Because Fence, as hard as this is to accept for you, some people don't like yuri.

I love how you would never call out your fellow yurifans for saying the exact same thing about a hypothetical upcoming yaoi series. Because they do. Constantly (cf. Free! and the shitstorm its announcement caused).
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Because Fence, as hard as this is to accept for you, some people don't like yuri.

I love how you would never call out your fellow yurifans for saying the exact same thing about a hypothetical upcoming yaoi series. Because they do. Constantly (cf. Free! and the shitstorm its announcement caused).

But I liked Free? A lot?

Also most of the Free shitstorm wasn't from yuri fans. Because most yuri fans don't have an issue with yaoi. Because that would be really dumb.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Need I bring up the MANY anime fans who adore lesbians but despise gay men?

The ones who would ship every girl in a series together but would slander us BL fans to pieces and mock us endlessly? Who worked for years to ensure that yaoi/BL were stigmatized and considered abhorrent in the fandom at large.

And don't say "they aren't yuri fans". They like lesbians, they're yuri fans, you can't pull a No True Scotsman like that.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Need I bring up the MANY anime fans who adore lesbians but despise gay men?

Well, you're an anime fan who adores gay men and despises lesbians, so you are hardly in a position to talk.

Also you are making a fairly large category error here in general

Quote:
The ones who would ship every girl in a series together but would slander us BL fans to pieces and mock us endlessly? Who worked for years to ensure that yaoi/BL were stigmatized and considered abhorrent in the fandom at large.

Dude, its not the yuri fans who are doing this. And you are not helping either.

Quote:
And don't say "they aren't yuri fans". They like lesbians, they're yuri fans, you can't pull a No True Scotsman like that.

You realize you can think "girl-on-girl is hot" and not be a yuri fan, right? And in fact most yuri fans hate those people even more than people who just aren't interested in general, right? Have you even looked at /u/, ever?
FlamingLight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
FlamingLight wrote:

At this point in time, most series have had their full staff and airing dates announced (ANN doesn't post the news for every single one, just the series they think are more popular). Yet for Sailor Moon, we know nothing... not even what type of format it'll be (Remake, Sailor Moon Kai, side story, etc). Theres really no way at this point it'll air in Winter due to lack of info.

Thanks for the clarification. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4