• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions Lite II Short's 1st Episode Stars Nibutani, Kumin

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
jet_ wrote:

Just guys, huh.

Yup, just guys. As long as blatant sexualization goes, it's just guys.
That kiss was comedic and as good as not shown. If it were between guys, the lips would have been glossy and they'd have left a saliva trail, to come up with a metaphor about the difference in details between guys and girls in KyoAni works.

At this point I have only two possible explanations for you. Either you are simply this dense of a broken record, or you are actually in the closet and in intense denial about it.

'Cause you sure LOOOOOVE to talk about guys being sexualized.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

At this point I have only two possible explanations for you. Either you are simply this dense of a broken record, or you are actually in the closet and in intense denial about it.

By that logic, you are being in denial about something because you sure love to watch guys being sexualized.

On the other hand, Kyoani never showed real girl sexualization in years. And you can't even disprove this fact.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

By that logic, you are being in denial about something because you sure love to watch guys being sexualized.

On the other hand, Kyoani never showed real girl sexualization in years. And you can't even disprove this fact.

Uhh...there's nothing wrong with him doing that? Since he's attracted to guys and all.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Well then, that must be the reason we can't reach an agreement, he's probably happy that he gets what he wants to, and doesn't care about not getting anything of what he wouldn't like either ways.
Of course he's sticking up to KyoAni.
musouka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
So why is a lack of fanservice aimed at otaku a bad thing again? I thought the whole point of the market, as explained to me by self-professed otaku time and time again, was that the people who pay are the ones that get the fanservice.

Free's sexualization of men sold much, much better than your average boob show. So that means that fujoshi are just a more profitable market, right? Can't blame KyoAni for just trying to make some money. Maybe you'll get some tits and change the market if you can make the second season of Chuu2 hit above 20K. Try hard!
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
musouka wrote:
So why is a lack of fanservice aimed at otaku a bad thing again?

Funnily enough, Fujoshi are otaku except under the strictest definition, so...fujoservice is just otaku fanservice still.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote
Fujoservice of men with bare chests just isn't the equivalent of what they can do to women. I guess they could match panty crotch shots with ones of junk constrained in a tight pair of briefs, but it's still just really not the same.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure the two could ever be "equal".

I remember reading that women are mostly attracted to the overall form of the body, while men are attracted to very specific points (such as the breasts. In light of this, the differences between male-oriented fanservice and female-oriented fanservice become rather telling (Such as how women appear to care little for dicks in general compared to men being obsessed with breasts).

(Orientation does not appear to matter--I am only one person but as a man I have noticed that I am attracted to specific points of the male body unlike my female peers who seem to be attracted to the overall form of the male body)

This could of course be all complete bullshit (and obviously doesn't apply to EVERYONE), but food for thought.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2