• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Finally a harem lead with brains, well the evidence seemed pretty obvious when you looked at it, theory of spoiler[Miyabi being his sister is in fact correct. She was actually my first guess, although I incorrectly called her "Komoe" in my first post, probably because I did not bother to get my names right, and she called Komoe's name.] Anime smile + sweatdrop

spoiler[Miyabi made some dumb decisions to trust Yuzurina, or whatever her name was, although she at least started to realise it was a bad idea, and was plenty upset. Did we get an age confirmation of Yuzurina, if she was gone for 10 years... 20 maybe?] I am kind of imagining her in my head right now as a villain with trenchcoat, top hat, and monocle (basically the garb from the second Hyouka ending), seems really funny to me. I am not too surprised at her having her crush on him despite being siblings, siblings have seperated at birth have been known to feel attraction when meeting and not knowing, something about similar traits.

But our lead did not make a decision. (that is not much of a spoiler is it?) Guess they up against giving it a proper ending, or putting it in a way that will keep all the shippers happy. I call for Mei, just because, but I did like Mr. X, I will keep her for myself. Wink Also want to give some points for the good opening, i think I would place it just above Binbougami ga's, but I liked both of Binbougami's songs, while the ED for this one did not get my attention.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
damn, i was entirely correct with my guess from two weeks ago. nice wrap up to the series except for the lack of any romantic resolution, which is rather annoying. i doubt the OVA will do anything other than a metric ton of ship tease.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
i doubt the OVA will do anything other than a metric ton of ship tease.

And no actual boinking to be sure. Actually more than the romance thing it would have been more interesting to see how the ownership-of-the-conglomerate plot plays out. Also wanted to see Shougo's mom and the illegitimate sister interact.

Requisite logic hole: Since when was getting married in high school a hard requirement for assuming a business post? It isn't as if Shougo was asked to go into a pre-arranged marriage to cement a inter-dynasty alliance. He could have married any of them as long as it wasn't his actual sister. I would think a too-young marriage is more an indicator of instability, not the opposite.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Since when was getting married in high school a hard requirement for assuming a business post?
Since daddy made it one.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:05 am Reply with quote
OVA

"spoiler[Would you like to eat? Or have a bath? Or perhaps... a scrub brush?]"
"spoiler[*breaks out of delusion* Why a scrub brush, senpai?!]"
Laughing Haven't seen a guy spoiler[question the girl about their own delusion] in anime before.

Well the OVA was so-so, perhaps Decent. At least it kind of move on with after the sister revelation thing. I liked how they were spoiler[allowing Mr X as a possible candidate despite still thinking she is a guy], well at least they were uncomfortable, even if our lead did not look like it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote
eh, it was ok. would have liked it better ifspoiler[ Miyabi] wasn't so clingy and jealous. the spoiler[scrub brush] thing was funny and I thought to Motsu from Negima when it was revealed
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote
So I only watched the first few episodes of this show when it was airing and like a lot of stuff I fell behind on it. After some hesitation (due to price and not knowing how it turned out) I bought the Blu Ray set. Ended up being pretty happy with my purchase as I think it turned out well.

I'd say it's one of the better harem series I've seen recently. The core mystery allowed the show to be a bit more plot focused and I think it did well laying out hints and foreshadowing. It's good the MC wasn't a total moron and that the girls were pretty upfront about their feelings (I'm getting tired of these "WHY DOESN'T HE FIGURE IT OUT?!" kind of girls). He didn't even get hit all that much.

Naturally the eye candy was good too. Uncensored is the way to go for sure Very Happy
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

I'd say it's one of the better harem series I've seen recently.

You should watch Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari. I watched it last week and it is probably the best harem I have seen so far. It also has your favorite mechas, so you should love it.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:59 am Reply with quote
I've never seen any of the other Tenchi Muyo shows, though.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:02 am Reply with quote
you don't have to to watch War on Geminar
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
Yeah I never watched the other Tenchi Muyo shows. Isekai is a spinoff so you don't need to watch the previous stuff. I only watched it because my friend kept pestering me to watch it. Glad I finally listened to him lol.
Bango

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:24 am Reply with quote
Yeah, you don't need to see any Tenchi to see any other Tenchi. The TV series, OVAs, GXP, Tenchi 2.0 and Pretty Sammy stuff are all their own things. While I wouldn't consider 2.0 a great harem series it is a great show with really cool mechs, locations and character designs.

As for this one, I was pretty annoyed when the mystery started to systematically involve all the girls one after the other. I know that's the point (heck, it's kind of the show's title) but it didn't take long before I assumed anyone except spoiler[obvious marketing choice Miyabi] was, thus making his true sister spoiler[Miyabi or nobody].

Still a decent enough show though. I'd always prefer a harem show with a plot rather than one without.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:44 am Reply with quote
I actually didn't think they'd discover the who sister was since the show is based on the first few volumes of a light novel series. While gecko endings are hardly uncommon, they don't get used all that much for these kind of anime (assumedly because they want a season 2).

Honestly I thought spoiler[Konoe and Miyabi] were off the table as potential sisters after episode 4. So when focus suddenly swung back to spoiler[Miyabi] I thought they were giving her a push as the main love interest. I considered that a bad move since from the beginning spoiler[Konoe] was consistenly shown to be in the lead (what with all the times he almost kissed her).

After a few more clues it clicked together for me and looking back certain scenes stood out more (such as spoiler[Miyabi avoiding the DNA test. It happened in such a typical tsundere fashion that I thought nothing of it initially]). I do appreciate the show for being the best sort of mystery (to me): clues are presented to the audience to allow them to figure things out for themselves, rather than having some masterful detective have all the answers already or having some hidden evidence that comes out of nowhere.

Piecing together the bad guys' scheme was also satisfying. It's nice when such things are fairly competent.

The audio commentaries were pretty fun to listen to. Konoe's 'cream puffs' are pretty popular Laughing It's also amusing that Shogo's VA is damn near 40 while the girls range from 17 to 24. He got to be an actual big brother in the booth, lucky guy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8