• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Skip Beat! Shōjo Manga Confirmed for TV Anime in Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lijachan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quote
OHMAIGAWD!

-hyperventilates- lawl xD

Ahhh! My most FAVORITE shoujo manga of all time! x'3
Going to be turned to an anime this FALL!
I can't believe it!

It makes me shed tears about this..
But this is just UVER good news! I can't help myself..x'3

They better make the animation better than Vampire Knight's coz it disappointed me when I watched the anime, the only thing that holds me to continue watching it is because I wanna know what's gonna happen in the story.

I can't wait already! x'3 I have now another anime to watch for the fall! (Ah...still so far away...October...but I'll wait for Skip Beat! x'3)

spoiler[ありがとう白泉社! ^^
本当に嬉しいです。]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news, I can't wait. I've been wondering when they would announce an anime, given that the manga (one of my three current favorites) has frequently been high on the Top 10 Best Sellers lists in Japan.

DavidShallcross wrote:
TJM wrote:
Good god are they supposed to be japanese? The characters are almost as ridiculous as the plot.I swear shoujo manga....

Hair-bleaching is common among the younger set of Japanese these days. At least I don't see any blue eyes.

It's also important to note that both of the guys are very famous actors and Kyoko intentionally drastically changes her appearance.

And most anime and manga characters don't look very Japanese to begin with. I don't see how this series is any different.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:30 am Reply with quote
Wow, I had no idea that this manga was so popular (in Japan or amoung people here). It's definitely been pushed up on my list of series to buy now.
miccos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I am absolutely thrilled by this news!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this to be animated sometime now <3 Now if only they'd animate Tokyo Crazy Paradise. That'd be doubly awesome.
kitsunelady

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
That's awesome! I love Skip Beat!! Anime hyper I hope they do it justice!
Reira16

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:39 am Reply with quote
I know its a little to late to ask this but I've been hoping that there will be a second season for the anime Skip Beat but it's been 5 years already and there is still nothing.
So I am gonna ask please when will there be a second season for Skip Beat ?
Please make a second season of Skip Beat its the best anime ever and Im sure that the other Skip Beat fans also think like that !
TO ALL THE FANS OF THE ANIME SKIP BEAT OUT THERE PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS MESSAGE ACROSS IN THE HOPE THAT THEY WILL MAKE A SECOND SEASON FOR THE ANIME !!!!!!!!°
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!
SO THA WE CAN CONTINUE TO WATCH SKIP BEAT AND TO ENJOY IT !!!!!!!!!!!
:cry: :wink: :P :o
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Tip to using this site: Check Skip Beat's page and then scroll down to "News". Don't see a news article announcing a season 2? There is your answer.

But to save you the trouble of looking for this specific title, the answer is no. Also, Japanese sales all depend on whether a second season gets made. Us English speaking fans can't do anything unless we all import the Japanese DVDs to up sales (which almost all of us won't do due to lack of English subtitles and the troubles of bypassing the Region 2 code).

So in other words, you are SOL unless Hal Film Maker decides to make more. Begging on ANN won't get you anywhere since nobody here, AKA the people who run the site, makes Anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:09 am Reply with quote
Reira, please observe our policy on necroposting.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2