• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Box Office: April 28-29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote
I had no idea the Shin-chan movies were so good! Adult Empire was excellent and touching and the new movie reminds me somewhat of a Lassie story, if she had a bomb on her butt that could destroy the world and had to be put down, but anyway, I reccomend everyone check the movies out and watch the preview for the latest movie, the last part will make you choke up a little.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:46 am Reply with quote
Well to be honest a funeral for a fictional character doesn't really draw me to see a film.....I guess it's true Japan can't get enough of the detective nor of Shin chan. Poor Fist of the North Star......I can't believe more people don't want to see heads being exploded.
Jetto

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:32 am Reply with quote
Hmm...I wonder if Spidey has enough power in japan to topple Detective Conan?

edit: Scratch that. If Rocky Balboa is 7th, Spiderman 3 is going to own this week.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Jetto wrote:

edit: Scratch that. If Rocky Balboa is 7th, Spiderman 3 is going to own this week.

Is Spiderman slated for a world wide release this Friday? I thought that there was a slight delay normally.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Jetto wrote:

Is Spiderman slated for a world wide release this Friday? I thought that there was a slight delay normally.

Spider-Man 3 opened worldwide today, three days before the American opening on May 4. Japan is being advertised as the first country to open it thanks to its closeness to the international date line, but some countries are actually closer.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
Spider-Man 3 opened worldwide today, three days before the American opening on May 4. Japan is being advertised as the first country to open it thanks to its closeness to the international date line, but some countries are actually closer.

Ahh seriously? Well in that case looks like I am going to have to fly to Japan to see Spider-man 3 before all my friends do. I figured that the world wide release would be a week or so after the American debut but all the better. I wonder how much money this movie will take in, I have a feeling it's going to break it's old record for the best opening weekend.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Is Azumi still in theatres in Japan? I saw a trailer for it online and it looks like an interesting movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1