• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Winter 2014-The List

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Rock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:45 am Reply with quote
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D nice[/code][/quote]
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:12 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
jet_ wrote:
Leave it to ANN to not mention words like yuri, lesbians and in love with in a spotlight about a yuri anime.

though what i am more concerned is that will it even have it for the AS broadcast?

Uhh...Sakura Trick will never in a million years air on Adult Swim

Actually i meant by some of the content that will probably be edited on Space Dandy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, I watched Nobunaga the Fool. It wasn't awful but it isn't something I'd see myself following every week.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
unfortunately some of the plotline for that series is kinda predictable. it might not be successful if it comes to the US.

Also the space dandy dub on AS is definitely too similar to ghost stories. but the humor kinda falls flat. wont be surprised that parts of it are edited.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
One slight change should be made to the Inari Kon Kon spotlight, though it probably comes from the distributor or something, so it may not be able to be changed. It says:

Quote:
Sumizome Akemi
VA:Iori Nomizu

A girl in Inari's class. She's beautiful, smart, and strong willed. Inari yearns for her.

Inari does not yearn FOR Sumizome, she yearns to BE LIKE Suzizome. Saying Inari "yearns for her" makes it sound like it is a yuri title... spoiler[Well, there will be some of that, but not with Inari doing the yearning... ]
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
When a show gives you the measurements of HS girls combined with fighting you know what you're in for. Damn those are some "THICK" girls.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

Also the space dandy dub on AS is definitely too similar to ghost stories. but the humor kinda falls flat. wont be surprised that parts of it are edited.
I agree that the humor falls flat, but I don't see how Funi's dub of this is similar to ADV's dub of Ghost Stories. Ghost Stories had more naturally flowing dialogue and was, well, funnier.

I think that Space Dandy is supposed to be a comedy but I haven't laughed yet, either at it or with it. The miscasting of J. Michael Tatum almost had me though: there's just something odd about an overgrown gorilla who dresses kinda like a pimp and commands a starship speaking like a rather effete British dandy.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:06 am Reply with quote
when it comes to over the top toilet humor jokes. that is how similiar space dandy is to the english dub version of ghost stories.

also from the looks of thing maken ki is gonna be smilar to sekirei .another over the top,ecchi/fanservice/harem series with multiple love triangles. which i like and every other fanservice junkie.

though i have a nasty feeling that minayma girl is gonna be your typical men hating lesbian when it comes to these type of genre series. Alongs as she's not over the top like Shirai (Toaru no Majustu Index, Toaru no Kaguku Railgun) then the series should be ok.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
also from the looks of thing maken ki is gonna be smilar to sekirei .another over the top,ecchi/fanservice/harem series with multiple love triangles. which i like and every other fanservice junkie.
Don't you mean "under the top?" Sorry, I couldn't help myself otherwise I have nothing against you.

Don't you feel weird when one of your family members has the same name as a cartoon character? spoiler[One from Maken-ki in particular.]

Only Silver Spoon's second season is catching my interest and I am enjoying it as I did its previous season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8