• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Game's Subtitled Arcade Opening Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
Nice! Is that a Metallica song?
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
lol, what? But seriously, it's apparently the vocalist from a JP metal band called Outrage.

And hopefully there will be console exclusive charas (Baiken) later in the year.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm what to play on PS4 or PS3 anyway it's looking hot
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I thought I was hearing Guilty Gear getting back to its musical roots in the trailer but then the lyrics (?!!!) started and the musical quality dropped away from GG standards. I'll grant that it was better than the awful pop song that was used for BlazBlue but the soundtrack is one of the most important parts of Guilty Gear.

I'm not sure how I feel about the wonky "plot" or the new art. Some of the best characters in the franchise weren't in this trailer Sad

Hopefully the PS4 version is a sign that a quick port to the PC will happen. I'm concerned that the PS3 version will hold the game back, that it'll be a low-res 720 game instead of a 1920*1080-or-higher, Full HD game, since there were precious few Full HD games on PS3.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what type of Arcade hardware its running on?
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
WUT, NO DIZZY?
DTJB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Some of the best characters in the franchise weren't in this trailer Sad

But Faust and May were right there.

GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
I wonder what type of Arcade hardware its running on?

The arcade hardware is the Sega RingEdge 2 while the graphics are made with the Unreal Engine 3.

Been getting interested in this game for a while. Intro and theme left something to be desired but this series has a track record of having awesome music. Didn't see any indication anywhere that Ishiwatari composed any of it, I'm still hopeful regardless.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:23 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
WUT, NO DIZZY?

According to OVERTURE, she's "frozen" so she can't do anything. Don't quote me on that since I never played OVERTURE.

DTJB wrote:
Been getting interested in this game for a while. Intro and theme left something to be desired but this series has a track record of having awesome music. Didn't see any indication anywhere that Ishiwatari composed any of it, I'm still hopeful regardless.

He did do the opening song. And it would be a travesty if he didn't compose the music for this game.
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
I thought I was hearing Guilty Gear getting back to its musical roots in the trailer but then the lyrics (?!!!) started and the musical quality dropped away from GG standards. I'll grant that it was better than the awful pop song that was used for BlazBlue but the soundtrack is one of the most important parts of Guilty Gear.

I'm not sure how I feel about the wonky "plot" or the new art. Some of the best characters in the franchise weren't in this trailer Sad

Hopefully the PS4 version is a sign that a quick port to the PC will happen. I'm concerned that the PS3 version will hold the game back, that it'll be a low-res 720 game instead of a 1920*1080-or-higher, Full HD game, since there were precious few Full HD games on PS3.

The PS3 version will probably be very similar to the original arcade version which is 720p. I imagine the PS4 version will up the resolution and AA since it's quite a bit more powerful than ring edge 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1