• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Network Adult Swim to Expand to 8 P.M.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
But then when will I watch Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Steven Universe?
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
And anime will not move back to 11:00 pm. lol
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
Guess it doesn't really affect anime much.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Guess it doesn't really affect anime much.

Then again, they were able to finagle an expansion of Toonami for the purposes of Space Dandy. Way too far off in the future to discuss any more future expansion, though.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
didint it always stat at 8pm?
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:05 am Reply with quote
I keep saying this: move Toonami to all week. I think it would be a better use of the schedule then a re-airing of a "Family Guy" rerun we saw three hours ago.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:09 am Reply with quote
vangelionite88 wrote:
didint it always stat at 8pm?

This is for Eastern and Pacific time, which effectively means 7pm Central, 6pm Mountain.

Animeking1108 wrote:
I keep saying this: move Toonami to all week. I think it would be a better use of the schedule then a re-airing of a "Family Guy" rerun we saw three hours ago.

How is loosing viewers better use of the schedule? Nearly all airings at all hours of Family Guy in any given week gets better ratings than the best rated anime.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:29 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:

But Family Guy reliably gets ratings that even the highest-performing Toonami shows don't get. Also, even if they did, Williams Street has no plans to expand Toonami past Saturday evenings, as they keep mentioning during the monthly Tumblr Q&As.
partysmores

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:50 am Reply with quote
Christ, why not just make it the Adult Swim channel?
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:56 am Reply with quote
I am confused here in California Adult Swim starts at 11:30pm with Space Dandy but it says Adult Swim is expanding an hour earlier to 8:00pm-6:00am but that makes no sense. It would make some sense if this Eastern time but then does it mean Eastern time gets 3 whole extra hours of Adult Swim every week?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:09 am Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
Then again, they were able to finagle an expansion of Toonami for the purposes of Space Dandy. Way too far off in the future to discuss any more future expansion, though.

Because they needed to capitalize on the new show by that Cowboy Bebop guy, and their schedule was already full of things they couldn't. His name is unimportant, just his relationship to Cowboy Bebop is what matters.
partysmores

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:21 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
I am confused here in California Adult Swim starts at 11:30pm with Space Dandy but it says Adult Swim is expanding an hour earlier to 8:00pm-6:00am but that makes no sense. It would make some sense if this Eastern time but then does it mean Eastern time gets 3 whole extra hours of Adult Swim every week?

Are you sure you're reading the schedule right? 9pm to 11:30pm should also be Adult Swim shows.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote
All this shows CN it self is failing more and more remember CN tryed to go real and get rid of the cartoons well that all failed then they went back now AS is geting more air time at some point i can see them pulling an MTV and just making it all about AS. Prob just put the cartoons on Boomerang:P
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:35 am Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
All this shows CN it self is failing more and more remember CN tryed to go real and get rid of the cartoons well that all failed then they went back now AS is geting more air time at some point i can see them pulling an MTV and just making it all about AS. Prob just put the cartoons on Boomerang:P

That would be impractical as the average adult isnt watching at noon or even 4:00 PM. Keep in mind that 8:00 PM is when Nick at Nite airs as well.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:09 am Reply with quote
My two bits is that every little bit helps. Though, as a recent convert to streaming, I think getting more of our niche stuff on Netflix would help more, especially if it's English dubbed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3