• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Movie Tickets, Theater List Now Open to Public

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I happen to see Spider Man 3 early this morning (the movie was total crap BTW) and there was a giant poster for Naruto in the West Covina theater, and lo and behold it's on the list. I am not sure if I am going to check Naruto seeing as how I've only finished the first two uncut boxes and don't really want ruin how much I am (surprisingly) enjoying this series.
kensukeyura

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote
It's actually playing in my city!! I don't think I'm gonna go, though, because I've only seen the first two box sets and I'm a whore for continuity...

Last edited by kensukeyura on Fri May 04, 2007 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:02 pm Reply with quote
wow, there's like 3 theaters near me showing it. i'm not interested in seeing it, but that is surprising.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:01 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
wow, there's like 3 theaters near me showing it. i'm not interested in seeing it, but that is surprising.

What?! Why not, Naruto is only like the coolest ever, and fillers are bad........On a more serious note if I do see this I am not going to be spoil with characters that I don't know about.....that is if I've only seen the first two uncut boxes.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote
People concerned about this movie spoiling anything shouldn't be. It's basically just a long, stand-alone episode. So long as you know who Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi are you're fine.

It's like any other Shonen Jump movie, where they introduce new characters for the film, focus on them, and wrap up their storyline by the end of the film so the plot doesn't have any impact on the series' continuity. It's completely stand-alone.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
People concerned about this movie spoiling anything shouldn't be. It's basically just a long, stand-alone episode. So long as you know who Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi are you're fine.

It's like any other Shonen Jump movie, where they introduce new characters for the film, focus on them, and wrap up their storyline by the end of the film so the plot doesn't have any impact on the series' continuity. It's completely stand-alone.

Ahh I figured you'd have to know a general amount about Naruto I just wasn't sure if this movie included characters from the third uncut box. I've seen my fair share of DBZ movies so my suspicions were correct Brolly is in this film....Wink

Danke Zac.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
As I was watching the previews at Spiderman today, I saw Viz Media's logo appear & I was so shocked. I'd forgotten all about the movie playing. Wow. The commercial looked ok, but it is an anime movie which means basically filler. It was funny, the whole serious narrator, then Naruto breaking in saying "Wait, this isn't my movie!" & the rest of the ad running.
And low & behold, that theater is the first one to come up with my zip code. And 4 others in driving distance. 3 I frequent. One Viz always uses during Comic-con(Horton Plaza)
detective392

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Already bought my tickets last friday at the theater cant wait for it though wish they would put the trailer online alredy.
tomi-chan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quote
yes! they have one near me.im going to see it,even if im not to fond of naruto right now.
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:18 am Reply with quote
My theater is a bit further away (and I will be absolute FLOORED if I see any trailers in any theater) but I'm going to make a night out of it. Round up all my friends who are narutards, and their friends, see if we can get some cosplayers (have yet to make my own Naruto costume though..darn) and drive to go see it! *waits impatiently for tickets to go on sale*

Despite having a fansubbed copy I still haven't seen the movie yet, and theaters sounds like the place to do it to me. Just hope my friends who have mostly borrowed my uncut dvds and watched it subbed won't complain about the dub too much...

I know they are releasing the short with the first OAV dvd..wonder if they'll show it in the theater though...
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:09 am Reply with quote
Closest to me is 63 miles. So I will probably not go, but there are three theather less than 100 from me, which is surprising.

Deltakiral:

Was Spiderman really that bad? Or do you not like the first two either? I thought the first two were pretty good entertainment. I wouldn't think they would mess up the third with some sort of new formula Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quote
All my theartre's are about 30 miles away, To get there I'm going to have to bribe my parents or friends parents to bring us. I hope they say yes. And is it only in theartres that one night? And why are the tickets so cheap, mine are only $20 is anyone elses more expensive?
vocab

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Ill pass. This movie is mediocre at best just like the series but with better animation.

Oh and I totally forgot. If they play the Annual Konoha sports festival before the movie, be ready to witness the worst bit of storytelling that actually represents Naruto.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
vocab wrote:
Oh and I totally forgot. If they play the Annual Konoha sports festival before the movie, be ready to witness the worst bit of Naruto storytelling you will ever see.

I don't think they will considering it's set to come out on DVDfairly soon.

Dargonxtc wrote:
Was Spiderman really that bad? Or do you not like the first two either? I thought the first two were pretty good entertainment. I wouldn't think they would mess up the third with some sort of new formula

I am not a comic book fan, I never got into reading comics but I really did enjoy Spider Man and the sequel. The problem with Spiderman 3 is how the movie is really all over the place. It's a beautiful movie but there are scenes that are shot just like a myspace photo. Then there are a few scenes that are meant to softer and extremely sad....yet the entire audience was laughing. But main problem is balance, the film tries to make you laugh, cry and be wowed (by the action) but it just doesn't come off right. All I will say is that Bruce Campbell really steals the movie with his short cameo. The film is worth a rent (considering going to the movies cost more then $10) just so your friends can get together and laugh at it.....P.S. before you see the movie I would suggest watching this episode of South Park....it will make Spiderman all that more funny to watch. Great action scene yes, terrible plot and I've never seen so much Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad crying in a movie, and worse off most of the time you just don't care about who is crying or over what.

Last edited by Deltakiral on Sat May 05, 2007 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Asako

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Meh... I've seen the previews and there were too many spiderman stories shoved into one film, IMO... Maybe I'll see it soon though. I'm just skeptical. But I really hope I'm wrong....

As for the Naruto, nothing is showing in Hawaii Sad *sniff* but that's no surprise... bleehhh...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2