• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Dragon Ball Z Kai Anime Series to Premiere on April 6

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:26 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
I ask FUNimation to put in Bruce Faulconer's music, it would really spice up the series that way.

It's getting all new music in Japan so there's no need to complain over the Kikuchi score being used (and badly placed) again.
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:44 am Reply with quote
The only thing I'm concerned about is Toriko being cancelled, being put on hiatus or is it being moved to a new time slot? I realize that it's catching up to the manga but I wouldn't want it outright cancelled. :'(

Last edited by sakuragtin on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:46 am Reply with quote
Tsukento wrote:
the-antihero wrote:
I ask FUNimation to put in Bruce Faulconer's music, it would really spice up the series that way.

For the love of god, no.

Why, oh, why is it that people ask for this kind of thing to happen, yet complain when it would happen for any other series?

Typical purist response.

I don't give a toss how you feel. I still say the American ost IS far superior to both Z and Z Kai's BORING Japanese scores.

Oh yeah, I went there.

Last edited by the-antihero on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:08 am; edited 2 times in total
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:49 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Well I think we know what will be replacing Space Dandy on Toonami now. The dubbers have been hard at work on this for a while after all

Well I think we know what will be replacing DBZ Kai on Toonzai now. The editors have been hard at work on blue Popo for a while after all.

You mean Vortexx, not Toonzai.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:50 am Reply with quote
Tsukento wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Well I think we know what will be replacing Space Dandy on Toonami now. The dubbers have been hard at work on this for a while after all

Except they've said plenty of times that they don't have the rights to air anything DB related because Nicktoons does.

Nicktoons DID. Only Vortexx airs it now.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:56 am Reply with quote
sakuragtin wrote:
The only thing I'm concerned about is Toriko being cancelled, being put on hiatus or is it being moved to a new time slot? I realize that it's catching up to the manga but I wouldn't want it outright cancelled. :'(

My guess is that it will be put on hiatus so that the manga can get ahead. Toriko has done alright for the past few years so I highly doubt that it will be cancelled.
seandream91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:23 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Tsukento wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

For the love of god, no.

Why, oh, why is it that people ask for this kind of thing to happen, yet complain when it would happen for any other series?

Typical purist response.

I don't give a toss how you feel. I still say the American ost IS far superior to both Z and Z Kai's BORING Japanese scores.

Oh yeah, I went there.
hahahaha yeah synthesized rock FTW generic over the top unfitting and average production is great oh no it was mediocre at best. Most people that make crappy music like that are ridiculed falconer he's somehow great
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:40 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Tsukento wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

For the love of god, no.

Typical purist response.

Oh yeah, I went there.

It was OK back in the day if people first got into anime through DBZ, but if you listen back to it now, it's almost as if you are watching some horrible Saturday morning kids cartoon.
Obviously some people like it for nostalgia, but that's about it really.
Everyone has different tastes though I guess.
seandream91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:04 am Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
the-antihero wrote:
Tsukento wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

For the love of god, no.

Typical purist response.

Oh yeah, I went there.

It was OK back in the day if people first got into anime through DBZ, but if you listen back to it now, it's almost as if you are watching some horrible Saturday morning kids cartoon.
Obviously some people like it for nostalgia, but that's about it really.
Everyone has different tastes though I guess.
pretty much dude and the most can be so overbearing can take away from the actual show hopefully we'll get a new most tho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
Nobody's going to talk about Dende's armor & what looks like Gotenks in the Supreme Kai's outfit?
M90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
[quote]
Typical purist response.

Oh yeah, I went there.[/quote]

You're right. There's nothing like a guy pressing random keys on synthesizer, creating mostly generic, unfitting, run-of-the-mill tracks. Let's go back to the 90s' way of heavily editing while we're at it!
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:43 am Reply with quote
#809007 wrote:
Nobody's going to talk about Dende's armor & what looks like Gotenks in the Supreme Kai's outfit?

Haha, I assume you're talking about what you can barely see from the opposite page there? That's not for Kai, that's for 'Dragon Ball Heroes', a long-running (and apparently quite successful) arcade card/fighting game for the franchise in Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kutsu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:54 am Reply with quote
-DBZ Kai gets ratings twice as high as Toriko without having to create anything new.
-'Dragon Ball Z - Battle of Gods' made $29,947,013 at the box office and was the 12th highest grossing movie of the year based on Box Office Mojo data. Toriko didn't even make the top 100.
-Its merchandise sales are subpar : in the fiscal year 2012, it made 1,994,200,000 yen against 7,670,000,000 for the Dragon Ball franchise.
-Its manga volume sales are decent enough but still kind of underwhelming. Many mangas in Shonen Jump still sell more.

Frankly, from a business perspective, it makes perfect sense to replace Toriko with Dragon Ball Kai. I'm surprised it even took them this long.
Rai The Noblesse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
@ music

do you mean the intro/outro music shouldn't be the same? or the "OST" (and background music) in the series??? cause DBZ has some of the most epice OST for a (battle) animé ever..

@ series...

let's hope, the franchise can kick start again, and Toei will consider continuing DBZ after this new Kai season or at some other point in the future..., might as well milk the cow with a contiunation (it can't get worse than GT was, since GT was done in a rush...)

...or even pay A.T. so much money, that he wouldn't mind continuing anymore.. , he must have gotten over his "hate" for the series..(or they could get some other talent to continue it...)

well I'm glad, Toriko was replaced and DBZ get's a complet remasteration..
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote
I prefer Bruce Falconer's music too in particular when I watched Cell's Games and Android Saga arc when I was a kid. Well anyways, I might check this out..

My childhood memories.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4