• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beelzebub Manga to End Shonen Jump Run on Monday

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:20 am Reply with quote
I loved the story of Beelzebub, I'm gonna miss reading this every week.

I bet this manga would have been popular if it was in the US. Surprisingly, a lot of people knew about the anime/manga here and enjoyed it more then Japan seemed to have. At least the author is going to make another manga, I hope he does well because his imagination is good enough.

Personally, I enjoyed the comedic moments of Beelzebub, more then the action moments. When the comedy happened, it was always golden. When the fighting happened, it was always just a bunch of punches, or ended very early. It seemed near the America Arc they were going back into the comedy aspect of Beelzebub which I was enjoying, but ultimately went back into action. Overall, my favorite arc of the whole manga. Was the Mobichi Arc. If you haven't read Beelzebub before, or stopped reading it. Just read this arc, because its the best action/comedy arc in the whole manga.

Now what am I supposed to read with my One Piece? It was the only other weekly manga except for One Piece that I read. I swear if Symphony or Illegal Rare gets canned early, I'm gonna be really mad. If they're taking over, they better be good. Regardless if it was gonna get canned whether the 4 new manga came in or not.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote
Damn, I'm going to miss this now...

Sigh. Another shounen manga to end..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hastati

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:32 am Reply with quote
I agree that the fights were the least interesting part of this story. I just want the spinoff to be a slice of life rom com about raising demon babies and confusing Kunieda.
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:34 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Damn, I'm going to miss this now...

Sigh. Another shounen manga to end..

Yep, that happen every ~2.5 months in Weekly Shonen Jump.

Only difference is that this is a popular series.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:22 am Reply with quote
*Now* can Viz bring it over?
Anudevil13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 am Reply with quote
Will miss it
was one of my favs Sad Sad Sad Anime cry Anime cry
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:37 am Reply with quote
The last chapters were kinda boring but overall it was really fun manga.I think I will replace it with that new Ryohgo Narita manga,hopefully that one is good.
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:27 am Reply with quote
This could mean a proper adaptation of beelzebub soon.
Considering all of the manga ending and long running titans in america and japan we have a lot of contenders for the next big shounen to air.
Hospodar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
StormVanguard wrote:

Lol. Beelzebub was cancelled. "proper" adaptions with which you probably mean reboots like Brotherhood or HxH only get million sellers. Not cancelled series that had problems selling over 200k copies.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
Hospodar wrote:
StormVanguard wrote:

Lol. Beelzebub was cancelled. "proper" adaptions with which you probably mean reboots like Brotherhood or HxH only get million sellers. Not cancelled series that had problems selling over 200k copies.

200k are still good sales figures -.- They're just not as good as it used to get.
Shankusu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
This last arc was pretty meh and the last couple of chapters were boring but I always enjoyed the comedy in this series. It was fun while it lasted.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:

Now what am I supposed to read with my One Piece? It was the only other weekly manga except for One Piece that I read. I swear if Symphony or Illegal Rare gets canned early, I'm gonna be really mad. If they're taking over, they better be good. Regardless if it was gonna get canned whether the 4 new manga came in or not.

Read Shokugeki no Soma which runs in the same magazine.
It's freaking great!
Sasukeuzi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Oh man saw this coming ._.
You could tell it was going to end since the author really rushed the Fuji fight.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
The rise of Beelzebub: Darkness?

I can't say I get how this happened but I'm glad that I'll get to see more from Ryuhei sooner than later and hopefully it's good stuff.

Even though Beelzebub was one of the main series I read weekly, I personally felt that after the Jabberwock arc things kinda fell off for me. There was still some good stuff after that point like the mobichi arc of course, but it kinda lost that controlled chaos feel that I felt the manga had within the first 130 or so chapters. Once the Christmas tournament arc happened though I kinda didn't enjoy the series as much from that point there was some nice lunacy in the action but it was always short and from Oga, no one else really got a chance to shine. I was looking forward to the America arc but when I saw how fast we got to Beel's mom I had a feeling things were getting wrapped up due to cancellation. I'll still remember this series fondly overall, but I'm saddened to see it end fizzled out rather than a blaze of glory.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:
StrawHat313 wrote:

Read Shokugeki no Soma which runs in the same magazine.
It's freaking great!

I forgot that I read Shoukugei No Soma. I'm a ton of chapters behind, but I guess I'll catch up since there's nothing else to read weekly. Most of the manga I read comes out monthly.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2