• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Da Capo II, Nanatsuiro Drops, Maid Guy to Be Animated

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:19 am Reply with quote
~Games to anime~ Some good ones have come out recently. Never heard of these though. And enough bad ones have come out as well to give a big *shrug*. Oh well, hopefully these will continue a better trend.

As far as the risque manga adaptation. Is it going to be made into a H-flick or just a mature show? Or is it another Yaoi fangasm?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

As far as the risque manga adaptation. Is it going to be made into a H-flick or just a mature show? Or is it another Yaoi fangasm?

I heard it'll be a shounen comedy series aimed for young guys. Here's one of the manga covers:

I think you can make the assumption that tough-looking guy in the background is one of the bodyguards that's dressed up as a maid. Shocked Laughing
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I think you can make the assumption that tough-looking guy in the background is one of the bodyguards that's dressed up as a maid. Shocked Laughing

Exactly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
...shounen comedy series aimed for young guys...
dormcat wrote:

Yikes, okay then. Shocked

Thanks for the link and pic.

I guess when I saw the word "risque" in the news piece I automatically thought of something a little more raunchy. Thats what I get, I apprise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Risque means "bordering on indelicate or improper." Whether Masked Maid Guy is bordering on indelicate, or over-the-top-and-into-the-bushes indelicate, depends on one's opinion of cross-dressing. Wink
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I thought DC II was already done.... Did I mistake it for something else? Or did I mistake the second season for DC II?
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I think the game is called Da Capo II. The last anime was called Da Capo SS (Second Season)
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
I thought DC II was already done.... Did I mistake it for something else? Or did I mistake the second season for DC II?

You are probably thinking about the second season of the original anime. There have been two anime series based off of the original Da Capo eroge: D.C. (Da Capo) and D.C.S.S. (Da Capo Second Season). The new series that was announced will be based on the D.C. II game, which takes place 50 years after the original D.C. and features the grandchildren of the characters from the original game and anime series.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:

The Da Capo franchise now has three anime series aired or in the works:
D.C.: Da Capo
D.C.S.S.: Da Capo Second Season
D.C. II: Da Capo II

The first two are based on the first game, D.C.: Da Capo, and are already out. The last one is based on the game sequel, D.C. II: Da Capo II, and is being planned.

It could be more confusing. It could be Super Street Fighter II' Turbo with Lime Twist.
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Eww...more Da Capo? I though having two series was bad enough...

No offense to its fans of course Anime smallmouth
Seca

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Exactly.

I wasn't going to bother even thinking about checking out any of these series until those pictures. Will definitely be giving it a shot now to see how they deal with a buff guy in a maid dress concept, hopefully it is in the most cracky way possible. Laughing
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
CloverKuroba wrote:
Eww...more Da Capo? I though having two series was bad enough...

No offense to its fans of course Anime smallmouth

No offense taken on my end. I'm aware they're a terrible couple of shows. Laughing

I did think I was done watching Da Capo. I didn't particuarly enjoy either anime a whole lot, but there's no way in hell I'll be able to resist watching more if it exists.
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Nanatsuiro Drops is cute but really I was a little disappointed when I originally heard about them making it into an anime (wasn't this talked about at the end of 2006? I'm a little confused). I personally like Peace@Pieces better when it comes to the Unisonshift games with artwork by Noiji Ito (is it Noiji or Noizi? I see it both ways all over). Wow her stuff sure is popular this past year or so...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:33 am Reply with quote
Now that's a weird title if I ever saw one. Well, I'm game to see what the story is like. Again it's a comedy so who knows what you're going to expect.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
...shounen comedy series aimed for young guys...

Quote:
dormcat wrote:

Exactly.

Aw... I was so hoping it would be a BL. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1