• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Sets Ramen Fighter Miki Date

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurotsuki

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I fail to see why when they original manga is called "noodle fighter (miki) " , they find the way to change "noodle" by.."ramen" .
that's just...beyond my understanding .
roxybudgy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I guess it's because the restaurant is called a Ramen shop or something.

I recently purchased the manga and really enjoyed it, so I'll be looking forwards to seeing the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Ah, yes. Finally a release date for Miki. I've seen some of this and I love it. I highly recommend it. The insane facial expressions are freaking hilarious. If for anything, check this series out for the expressions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Espeon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:26 am Reply with quote
Wanna know something stupid about Media blasters.. There so lazy they cant even put english dubs on there series, Why dont they just close up shop and leave.. Go ruin anime in a different country.. This is really starting to tick me off.. I mean i Love my anime and I like some of the releases that Media blasters have done, But now they've done it..
Both Kasimasi Girl Meets Girl and Girls high will be done in Subs only why even bother getting the series if you not gonna even try to put dub tracks on them, To many anime company's are going the route to try and flog off there anime titles with just subs and expect people to swallow it..
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:31 am Reply with quote
Espeon wrote:
Wanna know something stupid about Media blasters.. There so lazy they can't even put english dubs on there series, Why don't they just close up shop and leave.. Go ruin anime in a different country.. This is really starting to tick me off.. I mean i Love my anime and I like some of the releases that Media blasters have done, But now they've done it..
Both Kasimasi Girl Meets Girl and Girls high will be done in Subs only why even bother getting the series if you not gonna even try to put dub tracks on them, To many anime company's are going the route to try and flog off there anime titles with just subs and expect people to swallow it..
No, it's more like they can't afford to do dub tracks, or at least they can't afford to do anything better than that awful Green Green dub Anime cry It's not like they've never done sub-only releases (see also Sentimental Journey, Seraphim Call, Loveless, Sukisho) And how is not dubbing anime "ruining" it? I guess they can't win, they're ruining it by dubbing it (as is the popular opinion about dubs in general amongst people who never watch dubs), and now they're ruining it by not dubbing it.

And by getting these sub-only releases, you're going all those good things like supporting anime, being legitimate, helping M-B make some money to be able to do dubs on future releases, and probably getting an improved translation over the fansubs, if that's what you're comparing sub-only releases to. Kashimashi's one thing, but I know for a fact that some pure guesswork went into the fansubs for Girls' High (in a few isolated spots, anyway). I plan on getting both releases. I never saw Ramen Fighter Miki, and while there's no overt indication of it getting a dub or not, the pricepoint is the same as the sub-only releases.
Espeon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quote
Yeah sometime companies will in some way ruin the show with dubs, But atleast it's got a Japanaese track with subtitles for the other people.. I like my shows with English no matter how bad they are.. Though I dont feel that Green Green was all that bad, only the Guys voices were a little miss placed.

Though I thank goodness ADV got Ah My Goddess now knowing that MEdia Blasters is going broke. Poor stratergy I think.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I'd don't know if I'd say they were going broke, because if they were, they'd be like Central Park Media and not licensing or releasing anything. I've heard that they lost money on the first AMG series because the license was so expensive--they mainly licensed it in order to have a "headline" title and maintain good relations with retailers. They seem to be doing all right with Voltron, but their general strategy these days is to go for cheap licenses with cheap releases to make money that way. With those MSRPs, all it'll take is a TRSI M-B sale to get Kashimashi or High School Girls for less than $35 apiece.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1