• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
So Apollo's Song is just not happening. RACS removed it from their site and I had to cancel my order. I hope DMP re-releases this title down the road! Crying or Very sad
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:44 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
@lem: those Dear Brother e-konte are amazing. You get those with your pledge right? If I knew more about the title (and had less things to collect) I would be all over it!

Depends on your pledge amount, $60 and up seems to nab it. I'm still on the fence about them, what's so awesome about them exactly?

E-konte is like one of my favorite bonuses. If you really really like a show, there is no experience greater than flipping through a storyboard book of an episode while watching it. You gotta really appreciate the show though. I have a couple books of boards for anohana (first and last episode) and it is an emotional ride to read along to them.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Came into an Amazon voucher so ordered:
Baby and Me 11-12
Antique Bakery 1-3
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
@st_owly
Great choices :3

As for me, comic shop, while still not getting in new things, dammit, did have this bargain section and I somehow found the D.Gray-Man artbook for $3, so why the hell not? I enjoyed the first three volumes but clearly need to get on reading more. Also got the second My Little Pony: Pony Tales vol at half off.
lem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
...those Dear Brother e-konte are amazing. You get those with your pledge right?

Don't think I pledged enough for that. From what they've posted doesn't look like they'd be in book form? just various sheets? I'll be more than happy to just have the discs.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:34 am Reply with quote
Just picked up:

Almost Crying
Beyond My Touch
Great Place High School (Original)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:23 am Reply with quote
Bought Baby and Me 10 as I thought I already had it when I ordered 11-12 yesterday. Also picked up a couple of live action movies which were going for £3 each; Ping-Pong: based on the same manga which is getting an imminent anime. It'll be interesting to compare the two, and one called Still Walking.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I got a bunch of emails about my Ebay order of volume 1 of the Gunsmith Cats omnibus, the one TRSI didn't have. I was worried I might not get it as the price ($10 new + free shipping) was really low; it turns out the seller noticed a slight amount of damage (a small crease on one corner of the cover) so they have refunded $2 to me and shipped my copy with assurance that I can return it for full credit if the damage is unacceptable. If the book is as described (new with just slight damage) I will just keep it as getting it new from somewhere else would cost a lot more (some people are even asking a lot for used copies).
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:31 am Reply with quote
manga is always best read after it has been man-handled. Cool

I got yotsuba 11 manga recently since I had to go to barnes and nobles.
I opened up my nico and put it on my desk.
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
So after thinking on it, I decided to hit up TRSI's Viz sale:

-Bleach #58-59
-Kaze Hikaru #21
-Claymore #23
-Saturn Apartments #1-7
-Oresama Teacher #15-16

I also decided to get Armitage III (Anime Classics). I was going to get Place to Place since when I checked yesterday it was $29.99. However, it's now listed at $37.49. Oh well, maybe next time.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
My Little Monster 1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm probably going to make someone very happy because I found a duplicate copy of the They Were Eleven anime on DVD! It might be ex-rental, but the disc is in pretty good shape, so pm me with interest!

Also got Gall Force 1 & 2 because they were cheap and I want 80s cheesiness, and Art of Fighting came in today because I am a masochist. And Wandering Son 5 also arrived today to offset all the badness I got.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:16 am Reply with quote
I just ordered this from TRSI:

Toradora! DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Premium Edition

I already have the Standard Edition sets but I'm double-dipping for BD and premium packaging (don't care about the English dub).
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:31 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I'm probably going to make someone very happy because I found a duplicate copy of the They Were Eleven anime on DVD! It might be ex-rental, but the disc is in pretty good shape, so pm me with interest!

Is that really such a rare title now? I remember just a year or two ago you could find it dirt cheap, like for $5, at most booths selling anime at conventions. I mean, I bought it then because some panelist highly recommended it (come to think of it, it might have been the AWO guys at one of their panels) I just didn't think a title that was basically being sold for bargain bin prices would suddenly become rare.
lem

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:32 am Reply with quote
Even though I'm not the super duper hard core dub fan, not by any stretch, I'm happy for those that have been waiting for this one. The more the merrier!

I also just double dipped (already enjoyed the prem. dvd sets from 2010,) and pre-ordered the Toradora! DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Premium Edition ($95.99 with free shipping)

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1121 of 1399