• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Alightly [OT] Biel as Li?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Jessica Biel, who was recently voted the sexiest woman alive, is going to be the star of a new version of Street Fighter, as Chun Li, a kickass young lady who really knows how to fight. Hopefully, this will help you forget about the kind of lame Van Damme film from the mid-90's, and be something worth watching.

TheFeed doesn't know much more about this production, but we can already tell you that watching Ms. Biel running, jumping, and fighting in hot tights will be way more exciting than seeing Jean-Claude Van Damme do anything at all. We'll keep you updated if we get pictures...uh, more information.

Yes....Jessica Biel has been slated for Chun Li. I laughed when I heard this and didn't want to believe it but it's happening and I'm a little disappointed in that. I was hoping Lucy Liu would get in that. Anime smile

I want to know what you guys think about that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Uh huh...**very raised eyebrow**

I've seen bits and pieces of previous anime but somehow I just can't picture Jessica Biel as a little bitty Asian girl. The blond chick with the braids, maybe, but not Chun Li.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Yes....Jessica Biel has been slated for Chun Li. I laughed when I heard this and didn't want to believe it but it's happening and I'm a little disappointed in that. I was hoping Lucy Liu would get in that. Anime smile

I read this on Kotaku yesterday, it makes sense to try and cast someone that would bring in the fans, especially if there going to focus more Chun Li back story. And yes she would make a hot chun Li and no she wouldn't really fit seeing as how she's isn't Chinese/Japanese.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Quote:
Jessica Biel, who was recently voted the sexiest woman alive, is going to be the star of a new version of Street Fighter, as Chun Li, a kickass young lady who really knows how to fight. Hopefully, this will help you forget about the kind of lame Van Damme film from the mid-90's, and be something worth watching.

TheFeed doesn't know much more about this production, but we can already tell you that watching Ms. Biel running, jumping, and fighting in hot tights will be way more exciting than seeing Jean-Claude Van Damme do anything at all. We'll keep you updated if we get pictures...uh, more information.

What the bloody hell?! That dumb bimbo can't act period, let alone kick someone's ass. My 3yr old nephew is more Asian then her. Christ, next thing they'll say is that Uwe Boll is directing it. Rolling Eyes

Why not get an Asian girl to play an Asian girl? What a concept I know. She would also not make a decent Cammy. While Kylie Minogue may not have the acting skills required at least she was a real blond. How about Biel simply not be cast at all and can live out her days on the surreal life. This news makes me die inside just a little more.

The only good thing about the original movie was Raul Julia. I cried when I realized his last film before dying was that Street Fighter movie. Such a sad way to go.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quote
P.S. if anyone wants sourcing for this hereya go.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I always thought Kylie Minogue was a good Cammy, I really like her, hehe..... Whoever played Zangief was PERFECT! and Van Damme did a bad Guile, but he seemed to have the amount of passion for hating Bison that he needed, a bad Vega was in there and a decent Sagat. I was sad that Ken and Ryu were minor in it though. Not even a real Hadoken...Jackie Chan does a good Chun Li.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
omar235

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:34 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Uh huh...**very raised eyebrow**

I've seen bits and pieces of previous anime but somehow I just can't picture Jessica Biel as a little bitty Asian girl. The blond chick with the braids, maybe, but not Chun Li.

Heh yeah maybe the blonde chick...really I wanted Ziyi Zhang as Chun Li but that's just me...I would take Lucy Lu to.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quote
The [OT] tag is not a free license to discuss whatever you want. The casting of a movie based on a game that just so happened to be made in the same country as anime does not mean it belongs here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1