• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
OT - Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer Trailer

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quote
http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/Fantastic-Four-Silver-Surfer/1809699127/trailers/6/341

Oh Boy! This looks like it might be fun! I really enjoyed the first movie. Hopefully the second will be just as good.

BTW - I thought the Silver Surfer was a good guy? Or am I thinking of the guy that was with Spiderman in that '70s/'80s cartoon version?
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote
No, he's a hero, but he's continually used by Galactus.

That looked pretty cool, Alba looks nice with that hair. Hot shot gets a little power switch too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quote
The SS is one of those I'm a bad guy because I'm being used by an even more powerful bad guy until one day I escape his clutches and am now magically good or simply saw the light (such as Emma Frost). Happens fairly often when characters get stagnant. Also works in reverse for good guys turned bad guys (just like Tony Starks). The movie does look good, though I was never a huge Fantastic Four fan. The original Ghost Rider was my thing from Marvel and I have mixed feelings after the recent movie. It would be nice if they ever made a GR anime series.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure the recent Skull Man would be angry if a Ghost Rider anime came out.

I never really liked Fantastic Four but I loved Dr. Doom, great villain, bad motives. I am a Silver Surfer fan however and I always thought that he was one of the few marvel heroes strong enough to take on the all mighty Superman without Kryptonite. The fact that he's in it is the only reason I want to see it.

I thought the GR movie was funny, and it tried to be funny, but everything else was just bad IMO, waste of money....and I saw an advanced screening for free. (which was illegal, because the director and producer ordered all advanced screenings be cancelled and pulled it off almost all theaters, the one in Tulsa didn't listen.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Again, this is anime related how?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1