• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass to Premiere Series Finale in July Events

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I don't think its a sequel, but a second season. Sunrise is pretty famous for making 50 episode series and the way its setup for episodes 24 to 25 look nothing like a series finale, but they do look like a season finale.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quote
The official announcement of the continuation makes a specific point of not calling it a second season. In fact, it warns that it is still up in the air if the sequel will be "a TV broadcast, an OVA release, or a theatrical movie." The creators do promise that once the release format is decided, it would be made public.
skygtr

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quote
End of July for the screenings, but when will it air on TV? Crying or Very sad
LightYagami

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I hope that this DOESN'T mean that we will have to wait until eps 24 and 25 come out as DVD releases. Beacuse like the majority who enjoy code geass, I want to see them now Crying or Very sad
scortia

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote
*dies waiting* This long for two eps... then who knows how long a wait for season 2. Anime cry
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote
scortia wrote:
*dies waiting* This long for two eps... then who knows how long a wait for season 2. Anime cry

Season Two has already been confirmed for Fall 2007, so it won't be too long.

And about episodes 25 and 26, I think I can sum up everyone's feelings... "I WANT IT NOW!"
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
scortia wrote:

Season Two has already been confirmed for Fall 2007, so it won't be too long.

And about episodes 25 and 26, I think I can sum up everyone's feelings... "I WANT IT NOW!"

The continuation to Code Geass has not been confirmed for Fall 2007 or television yet, despite mistranslated reports in late 2006. The creators were reportedly considering a plan of a half-year broadcast run, a half-year break, and another half-year broadcast run in the beginning, but that plan was not set in stone.

The official blog in March specifically cautions that the creators don't even know if Code Geass will return as television series, an OVA release, or a theatrical film.
Heretic

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:36 am Reply with quote
I can't imagine them finishing up neatly in 2 episodes, then having something so short as an OVA or movie to continue and wrap up any loose ends. I know OVAs can be long, but normally they are no more than 6 episodes. Maybe I thought the scope of the story would extend far beyond what it is now, and that just may not be the case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1