• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Spring 2014-The List

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
The image next to the "A black-haired boy with black eyes." Is a BLUE haired boy with GREEN eyes.

and

The image of the "A beautiful black-haired girl with black eyes." is GREEN haired and BLUE eyed...

Question
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:15 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:
this, Sakura Trick got around 2.4k with it's first volume (I'll be adding that to the list then...)
*Sigh*.... I knew this would happen. At least I showed my support, but unless this series moves a lot of CDs and manga, I have a sinking feeling we won't be seeing too much more of its like anytime soon.

Mad

I have more to say, but I'm waiting for ANN to post that usual BD/DVD rankings so we can have a proper thread about it (which by the way, weren't they supposed to post that few days ago?).
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Polycell wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:
this, Sakura Trick got around 2.4k with it's first volume (I'll be adding that to the list then...)
*Sigh*.... I knew this would happen. At least I showed my support, but unless this series moves a lot of CDs and manga, I have a sinking feeling we won't be seeing too much more of its like anytime soon.

Mad

I have more to say, but I'm waiting for ANN to post that usual BD/DVD rankings so we can have a proper thread about it (which by the way, weren't they supposed to post that few days ago?).

Yes, the same thing happend 2 weeks ago.

I have no idea why they are being so slow with it, oh well, other sites do post it, so its not really a problem.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote
CMIIW, but by reading Knights of Sidonia's characters profile, is it implied that sometime in the future, humanity (or at least, Sidonia's crews) will finally be able to photosynthesize? Shocked

And what exactly does this mean? Confused
Quote:
More than a few of them want to photosynthesize with Samari, but she doesn't doesn't let it bother her.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
CMIIW, but by reading Knights of Sidonia's characters profile, is it implied that sometime in the future, humanity (or at least, Sidonia's crews) will finally be able to photosynthesize?

Due to certain events in Sidonia's past, they've deliberately altered the crew's genetic code to enable photosynthesis.

Also, Blame! anime when? (No that one doesn't count.)
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Knights of Sidonia looks interesting, but I read part of the manga and it seemed utterly incomprehensible.

On the other hand, talking bear.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
CMIIW, but by reading Knights of Sidonia's characters profile, is it implied that sometime in the future, humanity (or at least, Sidonia's crews) will finally be able to photosynthesize? Shocked

Which makes no sense whatsoever. Humans would need several square meters of skin exposed to intense sunlight at all time just to cover the energy requirements of an inactive lifestyle.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
The mention of "Gauna" reminds me of Nihei's other work Abara. I wonder if there's supposed to be a connection with Knights of Sidonia or if he was just recycling some old ideas?
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh I remember now, I started reading knight of sidonia and stopped exactly because of the photosynthesizing aspect. In essence, it's just there for fan service, to photosynthesize they all gather in a room, get naked and stand around, it's really dumb and it's only there for fan service.

Aside from that I think the CG work for the mech but not at all for the actual character. Might give it a go of the review come out very good, but otherwise… then again there's yet to be much that grabbed my attention.
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I find the Knights of Sidonia manga interesting, so I'm going to give the anime a shot. I don't know if I'll be able to handle that questionable CG, though. Maybe it'll look better in the show...? (Not likely.)
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
I find the Knights of Sidonia manga interesting, so I'm going to give the anime a shot. I don't know if I'll be able to handle that questionable CG, though. Maybe it'll look better in the show...? (Not likely.)

Can't look any worse than RWBY did; ugh, was RWBY painful to look at.
I really enjoy the knights of sidonia manga so I too will be checking this out. Is it going to be exclusive to netflix? Will we actually be able to watch it as it airs?
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Knights of Sidonia actually looks really interesting... but, unfortunately, it suffers from the fact that it's being fully animated with CG.
This is just a personal thing but I can't stand fully animated CG anime. It's painful to watch, really.

If it was just the mechs being CG, I'd be fine with it, but due to that it's FULLY CG, I will skip this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EastN3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I liked the simplistic character designs in Knights of Sidonia, but then.......there was the bear. An anthropomorphic bear in a mecha? WTF?

Also, fully animated CG, not something I'm a fan of. I can tolerate it, but toleration and enjoyment are totally different things.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
EastN3 wrote:
I liked the simplistic character designs in Knights of Sidonia, but then.......there was the bear. An anthropomorphic bear in a mecha? WTF?

Also, fully animated CG, not something I'm a fan of. I can tolerate it, but toleration and enjoyment are totally different things.

I acteally checked out the preview for that show after reading your post.

An anthropomorphic bear voiced by Satomi Arai? By the gods, that sounds amazing.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
Knights of Sidonia looks interesting, but I read part of the manga and it seemed utterly incomprehensible.

On the other hand, talking bear.

Most of Nihei's work is like that. He's a really good visual storyteller, and isn't keen on using dialog to explain everything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 14