• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Katsuhiro Otomo's Short Peace Slated for Wide Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Probably a silly question, but is there talk of a home video release for this? And what of the game from Goichi Suda that was supposed to accompany it?

It'd be pretty funny, and insanely awesome, if there was the option to play the game in the theater.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Probably a silly question, but is there talk of a home video release for this? And what of the game from Goichi Suda that was supposed to accompany it?

It'd be pretty funny, and insanely awesome, if there was the option to play the game in the theater.

I believe Sentai will be handling the home video release. Namco Bandai will release Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day as a PSN-exclusive in North America.
Crystal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Really? Wheaton? Not downtown Chicago?

I'll see if I can make this, it MIGHT get added to Chicago if Anohana (which I saw) did.

There was a fair number of people at the Tiger & Bunny screening I went to almost two weeks ago.
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Canada? Sad
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
45 theaters is not wide release.

But it's good that they're doing this. Kinda like Robot Carnival and Memories. It's like the indie scene of cinema; shows people that there's still the avant-garde that anime has. And like indie, they should really do these more often than once a decade.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:38 am Reply with quote
enurtsol: It's wide by the standards of niche anime which didn't have an Oscar nom to boost interest.
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:03 am Reply with quote
I want a physical PS3 release with the anime and the game on disc.

Though most likely I'll just have to settle for the blu-ray with the film only. Though I don't see why they couldn't at least include a digital voucher for the game at the very least... though I always prefer physical.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:03 am Reply with quote
jdnation:
Quote:
Though I don't see why they couldn't at least include a digital voucher for the game at the very least...

Because Bandai Japan's management is terrible, and doesn't care what American anime fans want? Rolling Eyes Anyway, just be glad that this is going to be on DVD/Blu-Ray at all, thanks to Sentai. If Bandai had its way, this would all treated as a bloody stream-only thing.
bs3311

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:00 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

But it's good that they're doing this. Kinda like Robot Carnival and Memories. It's like the indie scene of cinema; shows people that there's still the avant-garde that anime has. And like indie, they should really do these more often than once a decade.

Of course it isn't, but for anime it is. Same thing for Funimation when they brought the Eva movies into theaters. Around the same numbers took the movie in their catalogs for their theaters.

Overall, I don't know if there is a deep relationship with licensing companies and theaters to bring there movies on the big screen, but I think this is what Sentai should be doing with there movie licenses if they are critic poplar say Shinkai or Short Piece wise.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

enurtsol: It's wide by the standards of niche anime which didn't have an Oscar nom to boost interest.

But Possessions is not anime, remember? Very Happy
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol: No, it's definitely anime. If it weren't, it'd look like those Tezuka short films.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Nice...will definitely be seeing this in theater (been wanting to see it for quite a while!)
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
I want a physical PS3 release with the anime and the game on disc.

Though most likely I'll just have to settle for the blu-ray with the film only. Though I don't see why they couldn't at least include a digital voucher for the game at the very least... though I always prefer physical.

Europe will receive a physical release of the game, and the short films. PS3 games typically aren't region-locked, but because it includes films (BD movies typically are region-locked) I'd wait until someone reports on that. It won't be long, since the EU release is scheduled for April 18th.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Certainly, I only wish my town had an indie crowd that would support that stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1