• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2014 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Weird, the links for the reviews are below the forum button for me too and I'm using Chrome.

On another note: I can't wait for more reviews! This is my favorite part of the season Smile
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
grooven wrote:
Can't see any reviews either, running on firefox.

Just tested it in Firefox myself, they're at the bottom of the screen.

I cannot replicate this error which means I can't report it as a problem.

Question: do you have adblocker turned on? Have you tried turning it off or whitelisting ANN?

Edit: I installed adblock to see if that's causing it, and nope, the previews are there for me in Firefox.

Then I uninstalled adblock.
I don't use adblock on ANN either. Because I care.

Anyways, I think the problem is that the Links to the shows blend in well with the ads and it hides the links in context. I had to take a few looks myself until I realized that the links were below the link to the forum discussion.

The one show I was curious about for Spring was Sailor Moon, and now I realize Sailor Moon is a Summer show. Well, I still hope there is something in the Spring now that Kill La Kill is over.
Xagor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I've seen ads for Wixoss in the card shops around Nipponbashi, and until I saw stuff about the anime here, I just assumed it was another one of the many licensed card games you get in Japan.

Will be interesting to how many people pick up the real game. Despite it being a female cast, and a game that's popular in series with girls, I strongly suspect most of the real life players will be guys.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Trying to solve the issue where the table with the previews is showing up beneath the archives/forums links. We'll get it figured out.
king 47

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I didn't like the card show, selector infected. It's not my cup of tea.

I'm just waiting for Break Blade and that PA works show (I don't know what it's about, but PA have done well in the past). The rest will be 1-3 ep trials.

Also, why aren't the S and I capitalized in selector infected, it's just a pet peeve.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
the P.A. Works show, Glasslip, is airing in the summer
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Trying to solve the issue where the table with the previews is showing up beneath the archives/forums links. We'll get it figured out.

It worked! Thank you!
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:27 pm Reply with quote
king 47 wrote:
I'm just waiting for Break Blade and that PA works show (I don't know what it's about, but PA have done well in the past).

Think you have the wrong title there. Break Blade, aka Broken Blade, was a short movie series which came out a couple of years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SahgoDN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
king 47 wrote:
I'm just waiting for Break Blade and that PA works show (I don't know what it's about, but PA have done well in the past).

Think you have the wrong title there. Break Blade, aka Broken Blade, was a short movie series which came out a couple of years ago.

Indeed it is, but it's going to be reedited into a TV anime series (with new scenes!) to be aired this season.
king 47

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
king 47 wrote:

They use both names interchangeably, and I am talking about that movie series. They are airing the show this season, it's supposed to be the same as the movie series, but with extra scenes, as SahgoDN wrote.

It will be made by the same team, I.G. , and the same music composer, Yoshihisa Hirano will be on board. I have heard though that the opening, Fate, was replaced. I am not sure if that is entirely accurate, but I really liked Fate.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Forgot that they were re-editing it into a series. Can anyone confirm from a source other than that news article back in February when, exactly, it's going to be airing? I have seen no indication of it being put on a schedule for an airing time this spring.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Forgot that they were re-editing it into a series. Can anyone confirm from a source other than that news article back in February when, exactly, it's going to be airing? I have seen no indication of it being put on a schedule for an airing time this spring.

I'm not sure it matters - there's no need for us to review it if it's just the movies cut up into TV-size chunks with some new stuff thrown in. We already have a full review of the films on the site.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

First episode will be airing on April 6.
stanislaus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Admin,
Thank you for the show-based format that took over for the reviewer-based format. I feel more that the information I want is at my fingertips, less hunting. I liked this format last time, and I like it this time.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
Well, I thought Blade and Soul was going to be a stinker, and I was right. Hyun-Tae Kim can sometimes pop out a cool-looking character, but his weird, bulbous designs really don't translate all that well to anime--much less when we're talking about Gonzo. Also: Gonzo is still around. How nuts is that?

I've never seen Plastic Little or Legend of Lemnear, but stuff like Blade and Soul is starting to make them sound like masterpieces.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 50